Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are TTVs in SWF generally the most toxic players?

Rythoriak
Rythoriak Member Posts: 137
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

I was told that Twitch and other platforms were supposed to crack down on streamers who are being toxic for no reason. Yet I consistently play against people who are streaming and are extremely toxic or have watched streams where they are this way. For those of you wondering what I consider overly toxic it would be this:

1. Contstant tbagging/flashlight clicking just to be rude and to not get you to chase. Especially at the exit gate.
  2. Taking the match hostage (players who refuse to end the match so they can farm flashlight saves in lockers, or wait until the literal last millisecond before the timer runs out to leave the exit gate)
  3. Talking massive trash in the endgame chat (to extreme levels that may include threats/talking trash about your family, etc.)
  4. Being a bigot or just overly rude while streaming (basically same things that they could talk trash about in the endgame chat to extremes)

Example of one of the worst ones that I played a while back: Got a 4 kill on a killer (I honestly can't remember which killer/map as it has been a while). The streamer looked up my steam profile, read my quirky backstory thing I wrote on there and made fun of how many games I have played, how many achievements I have, that I have no life and it's sad, that I probably take advantage of the kids I work with (since I put my career in my backstory), that he feels bad that those kids have me work with them, you get the gist. They kept getting more toxic with each insult for a solid minute or two. I ended up deleting my backstory off my profile because it happened again with another group a few weeks later.

I just needed to get this off my chest as I had another streamer doing #3 today after I got a 4k. Just wish everyone could be nice and get along.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

If you're a chill kinda player, have you ever played any game with someone that turned out to be an obnoxious person that gets mad and behaves poorly? I have, and it makes you not really want to play with them anymore if you're actually looking to chill. The only people that will keep playing with someone that's a jerk for a long time, are people with jerkish tendencies themselves.

It's really not rocket science, and not something dbd, survivor or streamer exclusive at all.

And also only your 4th point will always be bannable on Twitch. 3 can be bannable depending on how gross the "trash talk" is, 2 is not bannable on twitch but might be bannable in the game itself (as far as taking the game hostage is concerned) and 1 won't get them in trouble on twitch or in the game in any way.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

If my lobbies tell anything. Dbd streamers are a dime a dozen. You have to stand out some how.

• WeirdlyBearded
    WeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 147

Im sorry to hear this. I stream on twitch and im not like this. Neither are my ttv friends. I literally tell killers and survivors i love them in endgame chat!!!

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    edited July 2022

I play with a friend who streams and she's a very positive person. She* truly loves the game, and she's improving a lot. Of course I've come across the squads you're talking about, but I don't think that's most. Just people trying to prove how good they are to their audience, taking notes from some of the bigger streamers who aren't too nice themselves, and have garnered a lot of attention because of it.

....But when you do take one of those squads out, feels good man, lol.

Post edited by cheetocultleader on
  • versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,135

From what I've seen, it pulls in the most views. Specifically from survivor mains who find that type of gameplay fun to watch.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

For that content.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,699

It’s why I dodge most TTV lobbies and this is no disrespect to my DBD friends that have TTV in their username. It’s just a lot of them are toxic.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,891

My take on this is that while basic surv gameplay can be fun as the player, it isn't particularly compelling viewing. Lots of downtime and passive activities (as opposed to killer gameplay, which is much more consistently frenetic/active), honestly really boring to watch.

In order to make your stream exciting, the easiest route is to adopt a "spicy" playstyle. Like forcing interactions with the killer even when unnecessary, finding ways to make them look silly, etc. Get used to playing that way, and it becomes second nature. And while not all surv streamers play this way, it seems like most of the really successful ones have at least a degree of "antagonistic to the killer" flavor and that absolutely influences aspiring surv streamers.

Now get four people accustomed to this into a group, and that gets compounded.

Again, this isn't all surv streamers/SWFs, and it isn't always malicious, but it is prevalent.

• Kabanzai
    Kabanzai Member Posts: 85

Well. Lovely fact. REPORT THIS TO STEAM AND GET EM BANNED.

Since it's against rules.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

Cus you’re not gonna get featured on 4Gamers if you just gen rush.

you’re not gonna get likes on a YouTube video if you sit on gens.

survifor main YouTubers/streamers tend to be more toxic so they have more interactions with the killer.

This discussion has been closed.