People are overreacting to (PTB) Forever Plague

Options
GrimReaperJr1232
GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

Yeah, I said it. People are overreacting.

For the uninitiated, in PTB, gens were upped to 90 seconds and Thana was buffed from 5% to 5.5% per stack (20% to 22% at max)

An infamous combo is the likes of Pentimento (30% debuff) with Thana, and you get "Forever Plague" with a gen taking 165 seconds, almost 3 minutes.

Except... that's pretty much already a thing. It's not 165, but you can make gens take 143 seconds with both of perks on Plague/Legion. And I highly doubt many of you have SEEN a Forever Plague.

The reason is that a central crux of this build is Pentimento. As killer, you're banking on survivors choosing to cleanse totems which is fully possible NOT to happen, especially now that Ruin has been nerfed to a waste a perk slot. As such, despite its power, you don't see Pentimento often outside of gimmicky/predictable Plaything builds.

Forever Plague build has been in the game for months and hasn't been an issue. Ditto for Legion who can pretty much do the same thing in terms of slowdown (except mending is annoying, but that's a Deep Wound issue).

Now, if you wanna talk problematic, come with me, and let's talk Deadlock-NWO Facecamping...

Edit: I need to make something more clear. When I implicitly said this combo won't be problematic, I meant it in the sense that this combo won't see much use besides gimmicky/meme builds. The 165 gens is still stupid though. I'm more concerned that in the PTB, camping and tunnelling are more or less incentivized (some may argue a necessity too).

Post edited by GrimReaperJr1232 on

Comments

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Like with the legendary 5 hit PTB survivors, this is something you can literally do right now. It's just slightly harder, and only different by a few percent.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I dont see many survivors breaking totems, even with hex they usually take the time to boon over it. It takes a patient killer to hold off re-lighting totems so that the perk isn't immediately countered.

Then there is the killer's counter; smart survivors know when to use healing pools and to split gens. Map wide audio warnings tell survivors when they are at risk of sickness or injury.

Just seems like survivors really have to hand it to the killer for things to reach a dire point.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

The 5 hit ptb survivors isn't possible on live, most you can get is 4

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50
    Options

It got buffed 2 PERCENT, literally nothing... It's been fine forever and I use this build on my plague anyway.

People are complaining about a .5 percent increase per player holy mother of god. Revert it you'll notice absolutely zero difference I don't care.

Jesus. So 2 PERCENT better thana needs nerfed but 20 percent is fine? Is this a joke or something?

Plague is the goat regardless. Nerf all her perks I'll still destroy most. Her most OP build isn't that anyway. She patrols gens and has easy kick opportunities so I'd be worrying more about overcharge cob. I use pop cob on her right now and it's laughable how bad it wrecks alot of survivors.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

Thana was receiving already an indirect buff given by generator times being upped to 90 seconds. So 4 stacks of Thana would've been 20% slower of a 90 seconds generator.

So yes, people ARE complaining of the additional buff it's given to Thana, because it's absolutely uncalled

• verysleepy
    Options

Right and this applies to every killer in the game, I don't see the problem.

No offense but gens ######### fly with any competent team WITH thanatophobia and 10s more ain't doing anything when killer can only be on 1 survivor at a time.

Thanatophobia can be nerfed when prove thyself and other perks that speed up gens are nerfed.

/Thread

• verysleepy
    Options

Again, if we are wanting Thana nerfed that reduces gen times, then by all means, once prove thyself etc has been gutted.

• verysleepy
    Options

Your complaining about a killer perk that slows gens, yet you have a survivor perk that counters it and works for multiple survivors per gen.

Next joke please

• verysleepy
    Options

Increases your Repair speed by +15 % for each other Survivor within 4 metres of your location, up to a maximum of +45 %.

For reference, 4 survivors using this is 100x more busted than Thana, and will be very common post patch.

Now back to your survivor closest.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

The 5 hit combo is a meme anyway,so that won't be a problem.

But the thing with Forever Plague and Legion is that players will probably be more aware of that combo now.Especially when content creators start to promote these kinds of builds once the patch hits live servers

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited July 2022
    Options

After this patch goes live, survivors will have three primary perks to speed up repair times: Prove Thyself, Resilience, and Overzealous.

Prove Thyself simply offsets the 15% repair penalty for multiple survivors on one generator. So while it may speed up that one generator, it is still less efficient than survivors spreading out on multiple generators.

Resilience is 9% faster, which is less than 10 seconds off of a full generator repair and requires staying injured.

Overzealous will require cleansing a hex totem for its strongest value (16%), and deactivates upon losing a health state. You will have to cleanse a hex totem then do one generator from start to finish uninterrupted just to break even. Two generators if it was a dull totem.

Also brought up by @Mat_Sella are Deja Vu, Stakeout, and Fast Track, which are even less reliable than these three.

I don’t see a problem with any of these. Especially considering killers are still getting a ton of gen defense perks buffed, even if a couple are being nerfed.

Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

True, thank you! I will edit my post. But these are even worse than the three I mentioned.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Thanatophobia and Dying Light are such boring perks.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,288
    Options

The DbD forums??? Overreacting???

nah thats cap

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Killers have perks to slow gens, survivors have perks and items to make them go faster. Nothing to see here.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,801
    Options

Sorry but if I get this ######### I'm feeding myself to the killer or afking

Old forever Freddy was a slog

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

It doesn't sound like it should be a problem since there are counters to all of it. You can heal/cleanse to counter thank and as survivors die it weakens so it isn't overbearing in the endgame, and pentimento totems can be cleansed easily.

Yeah, you're going to have to do more than hold M1 and loop the main building now. That's the point of these changes and it's the fun part of the game.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It's basically Forever Freddy all over again. Sitting on gens is boring as is, no need to make them impossible to do.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited July 2022
    Options

This just goes to show that there are specific perks in this game that SHOULD NOT stack effects.

I am really surprised that whoever in the dev team didn't have a problem with this, considering that the theme of this update has been to "shake up the meta" ...never questioning why the meta exists aside from their usage stats.

NOT because of map design..... NOT because of mobility lacking in half the roster... totally not because of those things that are so obvious.