Hallowed Blight was better than Moonrise in practically every way even if it WAS flawed.

Options
1. Everybody was nicer and more relaxed. There were still crabby mean spirited people but I definitely remember a lot more killers allowing nectar to be harvested and a lot more survivors who allowed themselves to be hooked once before things got swinging. This time around killers are unnecessarily ruthless and survivors are quite nasty with killers AND fellow survivors. 

2. Everybody won even if they lost. You got a nice bp gain from offerings that took the sting away from missed nectar and everyone had save points with nectar gotten. This time around you’re completely left out in the cold. Sandbagging survivors are double the trouble because at least before you still got nectar or a nice stack of bp, but this time you’re at the mercy of unforgiving killers to get out alive if those nasty survivors dced before gen 3. Or if they leave you to rot or farm you. 

3. The grind was much more reasonable. You get a pittance of coin points when you need thousands to obtain everything, whereas before you only needed 30 vials. It would be one thing if this event was a simple 100 coins per level but the truth is that I don’t think it’s possible to get everything this time around. Unless you’re a top tier player. Which is unfair because even for someone average at best at this game like me, I still managed to get all 30 vials regularly playing the game. Expecting everyone to shell out money or punish people playing the event with outrageous increases in leveling is greedy and not consumer friendly. 

Next event please go back to the drawing board and model events after Blight than Moonrise. Blight had flaws but it definitely was fun compared to the miserable cutthroat grind of this one. 

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Sure was fun having 2 hour long ques...
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Oh the other event was soooo much better because it was handed to us and easy.

this is way better killers to kill survivors each for their own far better game plays going on
  • terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2019
    Options

@pemberley said:
    Everybody was nicer and more relaxed.

You should take a look in the forum archive.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hallowed Blight in every sense of the word was a mistake. The Event was clearly Killer sided while also boasting 20minute+ long ques for games as killer (Since most people were trying to play killer at the time.)

Survivors would literally suicide for vials because nothing else would matter in the grand scheme of things, so they would just get their vials than kill themselves on the hook to move on. Nothing about that event was better than this one except for the points distributed among everyone.

This event plays off of those mistakes by giving the survivors a 2nd opinion while also primarily focusing on the main objectives and rewarding the survivor/killer for keeping that in mind.

• Axelson
    Axelson Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2019
    Options

I actually got already 7 coins and then are 9 days left to get the last 2 (probably in 3-4 days i'll got them too). I'm not an experienced player, i just play like always, the only diff is that when the match starts i go for my vessel. I do gens and i save people from the hook like always. Of course, there are good and bad matches. You are not suposed to get every time 45 coins. 100 coins/level would be too easy, in just 3 days a player that plays this game 5-6 hours/day would easy get the 3 outfits.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,463
    Options

I remember long killer queues, people farming and intentionally dying to grind out the event as fast as possible, other people just trying to play the game normally while the teammates spent the first few minutes of the match not doing the objective and instead just farming the event objective, incredibly easy 4ks, and even just trying to play killer to have people juicin' plants right in my face, expecting me to let them when I just wanted to play the game.

That's compared to: The scoring is a little off.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess. I definitely don't remember it being universally loved, and in comparison I think the problems with this event are much smaller than the ones with the old event.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@Peanits said:
    I remember long killer queues, people farming and intentionally dying to grind out the event as fast as possible, other people just trying to play the game normally while the teammates spent the first few minutes of the match not doing the objective and instead just farming the event objective, incredibly easy 4ks, and even just trying to play killer to have people juicin' plants right in my face, expecting me to let them when I just wanted to play the game.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess. I definitely don't remember it being universally loved, and in comparison I think the problems with this event are much smaller than the ones with the old event.

As some people have put it, it was basically Farming Simulator 2018 (Dead by Daylight Edition.) Since that's all I saw happen also.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    terrortil said:

@pemberley said:
    Everybody was nicer and more relaxed.

You should take a look in the forum archive.

Not everyone was nice but as a whole? I would say yeah they were compared to Moonrise. Everybody is out for themselves on Moonrise, there’s a lot more killers refusing survivors the chance to participate and vice versa, and there’s nothing to satisfy people who didn’t survive or sacrifice nor is the actual grind reasonable even by grinding standards. I got 30 vials playing Blight and doing other things. I’m only now about to reach my 4th cosmetic and this is after only playing dbd when on ps4. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Moonrise is better than hallowed blight in all regards.

The only thing the devs need to adress now is how you can use DCing to deny points and a lil more points on the killer side.

There is supposed to be a competition

• pemberley
    Options
    Peanits said:

I never said it was universally loved. I said it was flawed but ultimately better than Moonrise. 

The problems with Blight still carried over to Moonrise as a solo player but Moonrise took away the things that made those problems annoying but bearable with the Blight. 
  • terrortil
    Options

@pemberley said:
    Not everyone was nice but as a whole? I would say yeah they were compared to Moonrise. Everybody is out for themselves on Moonrise, there’s a lot more killers refusing survivors the chance to participate and vice versa, and there’s nothing to satisfy people who didn’t survive or sacrifice nor is the actual grind reasonable even by grinding standards.

See there is the problem. I'm not interested in farming at all. And many other killer mains too. This ruined the event for many. You waited 15-30 minutes for a lobby and than survivors denied you normal gameplay. The ignored you while sitting on plants or killed them self on first hook.

I've made a list in another post, which shows that this event improves on all major criticisms of Hallowed Blight.

The killer point gain and the offering cost/reward bloodpoint wise is off. Everything else is right for me

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Peanits said:

Just "the scoring is a lttle off?"

Have you played solo survivor? Pretty much everyone is complaining about being left on hooks to die or being sandbagged by fellow survivors or just not managing to win any games because nobody is doing gens.
    I only play solo and this has not happened that much, I’ve not been left at all, and don’t get sandbagged either, there’s been a few matches where they’ve gone for the lantern and tried to hide out 5 gens, but I’ve yet to see any of those players escape.

Im just playing as normal and the coins are looking after themselves, to be fair most solo games I play I’m in it for myself, I won’t play risk, immersive all the way
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    I dunno, I'm only a casual player but I really haven't had too much of an issue working on the Event.  It has some problems with bad Survivor teammates anand slower progression as Killer....but queue times are just fine, playing both Killer and Survivor is still fairly well. 

*shrugs*

I understand it takes awhile to get all the coins...but I started late and not really grinding them out,  progressing is going just fine for my GF & I.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I prefer Moonrise, personally.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hallowed blight was the better event due to the aesthetics of it, all round it was more pleasing but it did cause major issues with survivors not being able to get points after they finished compared to killers, people dying once a pustual was full and long lobbies until they changed it so you could get all from one side.

Moonrise may try and make it a normal game but it fails, survivors no longer worry about saving as once hooked you lose your lantern and risk others not saving your better rushing gens for points, killers get little points and it promotes hard tunnelling, it should give more points for hooking each survivor, it's also very plain in terms of an event.

If they made it so lantern were not pitted survivors v killers, survivors gathered and deposited or didn't lose it upon being hooked and killers destroyed the lantern on the hook they hooked a survivor on imo it would make it a lot better.
  • CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 219
    Options

Last years Chinese New Year Event and the Summer BBQ Event were both way better. It was simple. You do special gens, you put survivors on special hooks. You got hella points for finishing these special gens and putting survivors on special hooks (4,500K BP's per Gen/Hook). The points gained in this event are super paltry. The 1.5 blood point event paid out better than this event and I don't remember people being to happy about that event!

I was glad to see them implement it where the special hooks could not be sabo'd in the Summer BBQ Event. I remember survivors sabotaging them in last years Chinese New Year Event and I felt that was #########, unless the killer was denying the survivors the special gens on purpose. I play survivor mainly and can agree with that change.

The Hallowed Blight Event was flawed in that Killers would intentionally try to deny survivors the plants and it was flawed that people would fill there vial, DC and it would still count towards their total. The last Chinese New Year Event and the Summer BBQ Events were flawed in that sometimes the hooks and gens would spawn really close to one another, as in the hooks would be on one side of the map or the gens would be in a 3 gen strat position. When that happened, it sucked because killers would not leave the special gens and the survivors would try and stay on the opposite side of the map of the special hooks. If they could have fixed the special gen and hook spawn to not be close together, I see nothing wrong with the way those events were. Iron Grasp and Agitation helped me get the hooks I needed the high majority of the time. Those events were definitely less grindy and paid a lot more BP's which IMO (and I bet many others opinion) made them more "fun". I want to enjoy myself, not get frustrated at super slow progress and crap BP payout; playing 5 games with no offering to be able to go through a blood web and buy 1 single Red Envelope!

I also felt that the events meant something. You got less cosmetics, but you got cosmetics that could not be obtained any other way. They were "special". If you didn't get them in the event, you will never have them. You can't buy David's jacket, Kate's shirt or Hillbilly's Pro-Pain Weapon in the store. Those are a symbol that you are a long time community member, just like Legacy states the same thing.

With this event having ######### blood points payout, event offerings being 1 per blood web (spending hella points just to participate in the points aspect of the event), and you being able to just outright buy the cosmetics now or at a later date, what is even the point in this event?

This doesn't even take into consideration at how long que times are currently, how most lobbies are with 175-300ms ping killers and at least half of the time I play my 1 Red Envelope I worked so hard to buy, the ######### game hangs up and I have to Task Manager crash the game because it is "Not Responding".

This event blows on so many levels in comparison to the ones before it. I'll take the old ones any day!

And I'll wrap this up with stating....

I have been happy with so many events in the past. I am grateful for all the double blood points events in the past. I appreciate all the events that have come before this one. But this event, for me, it greatly missed the mark of being "fun" or worthwhile.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    Options
    I agree.
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options
    Unpopular opinion, the first anniversary event was the best event ever done in DbD. 

Community challenges that encouraged everyone to work together, triple BP to help the grind (which is way worse now with all the added DLC), cosmetic rewards that go to everyone playing instead of people missing out if they work or are away during the event, and the bonus map being added. 

I loved the lore bits and the animations that came with Hallowed Blight (and the cosmetics were top notch), but really every event since that anniversary has been either killer or survivor sided leading to long queues for one or the other, has people being extra toxic either with DCs to prevent points, sandbagging to be able to steal someone elses etc.

Hallowed Blight and Moonrise both have some cool things, but they both have/had some major issues too. 

Bring back community challenges to foster a positive event rather than pit everyone against eachother and bring out the worst in some players. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Peanits said:

you are out of your mind. Ridiculously long survivor ques, I got more salty messages from fellow survivors during this event than in the last 3 months, nobody burns offerings, survivors grab a lantern and hide the entire game, no one does generators, less offerings in bloodwebs, and less points. How is this better? This EVENT SUCKS!!!. Stop carrying BHVR's water.

• Hail_to_the_King
    Hail_to_the_King Member Posts: 183
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I really don't see why everyone is hating on this event. It's so much better than Hallowed Blight and BBQ Event. I love this one. The Hallowed Blight grind was so much more time consuming and frustrating. The BBQ Event of just hooking someone or doing a gen for points was so incredibly boring. This is much much better. I have been flying through my coins in Moonrise so fast. The first 3 are so easy to get. I think everyone is remembering Hallowed Blight wrong. Everyone hated it. It was so slow. This event is great. I haven't had many problems at all. Moonrise is by far my favorite event so far, but that's just my opinion. Good job, devs.
  • Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

I gotta' agree... Hallowed Blight was better in every way, shape, and form. I got half of my vials on killer, half on survivor, fairly early into the event and actually had fun doing so. Sure, it was a little bit of a grind, but it didn't make me hate the game. This grind is unbearable for the necessary amount of coins to get even 2 -- much less a 3rd -- full cosmetic sets, the cosmetics themselves are fairly lackluster, fellow survivors are full-on cut-throat shady, and killers who feel shafted are turning to mori-lust.

On killer, it's been boringly easy to get a kill on the first hook because survivors aren't remotely worried about trying to be altruistic and risk losing a precious vessel... that's when you do get a hook and folks don't D/C the moment you down them, because they know nobody is going to help them. On survivor, I spend more time avoiding other survivors since I've been pointed at, ratted out, and had killers run directly at me to pawn them off by others so much that they're even more dangerous than the killers. Moonrise is friggin' DBD Twilight Zone, man.

• terrortil
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    you are out of your mind. Ridiculously long survivor ques

Survivor queue times (PC / Central Europe) are between 1-2 minutes.

I got more salty messages from fellow survivors during this event than in the last 3 months

I do not see that at all, maybe that's a "you" problem

nobody burns offerings

I see on average 2 per round.

survivors grab a lantern and hide the entire game, no one does generators

Funny, I see many complaints about "gen rushing" here.

This EVENT SUCKS!!!. Stop carrying BHVR's water.

Just accept that there are people who like it.

• pemberley
    Options
    terrortil said:

@fcc2014 said:

I got more salty messages from fellow survivors during this event than in the last 3 months

nobody burns offerings

I am on ps4 and yes SOMETIMES the survivor queue is fine but USUALLY you wait to a grinding halt with Moonrise. And that’s not guaranteeing you will stay connected to host after you get in a lobby, let alone actually being able to make use of envelopes and get lanterns. Especially as a solo. 

In a lot of cases, certainly a lot more than Blight, not only am I usually the only one offering (at least admit Blight made people actually put down an event offering most games) but because I am a solo and the only one who put down an envelope as survivor, my fellow survivors (who are either duoing or trioing) will DELIBERATELY screw me over and get me killed (and steal the lanterns.) 

I remember a handful of times when Dwights etc would sell me out for nectar in the Blight, but not only did I get a lot of bp in compensation but it was rare enough that I didn’t get anything at all (and the petals were numerous enough one unlucky game didn’t hurt) but there’s been way too many times to count where fellow survivors will sell you out for precisely one corn chip in Moonrise and I am sick of it. 

It’s harsh enough more killers are playing ruthlessly for their meager portion of bp but it’s too much when actual decent survivor play and participation is now a rarity in favor of selfish, unkind behavior or outright disconnecting. 
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Options
    @pemberly

@terrprtil is right.
    The only main thing wrong with this event is that the killers get too few points.

They got 1 number wrong... but that's about it.

There is also no inherent problem with queuetimes as was in the blight event where they softly forced a 1:1 survivor killer ratio, which is absurd for a 4:1 game.
    This event doesn't have that problem. Neither does it make players gamethrow. They have to actively play to win in direct competition with the killer.

I find trying to escape with the vessel extremely exciting as it puts a lot of pressure on you. Previous events didn't come with such unique experiences.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    terrortil said:

@fcc2014 said:

nobody burns offerings

Everything he said was true from what I've experienced.
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options
    I’m going to have to disagree. No generators were done at all when hallowed blight was around; more often than not, survivors would be looking all game.
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    Both events had long ques for the other side.

Blight had suicide on hook after the plants were taken.
    Moonrise has frequent dcs to deny points. And cowardly survivors waiting on others to carry them for hatch.

Blight had reasonable offering cost and good rewards for event completion
    Moonrise has absurd offering costs for little compensation. Killers MUST smash 2 lanterns to break even for 1 offering. 

The grind was a problem for blight due to how they capped the vials on each side until the near end then killer ques became bearable. 
    The grind is an issue in Moonrise because killers have to "tryhard" to get slightly more than minimum of a simple survivor escape without the lantern with no offerings burned. Which results in survivor ques being long since they are seen as more profitable. 

Tldr: moonrise fixed the limiting problem blight had but has less points to entice players to use offerings resulting in the grind seeming excessive to sum.
  • fcc2014
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

Since the Devs are adding more offerings, giving killers better incentive to play killer and hopefully reducing que times. I think i was proven right but he won't admit it.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Even WITH the bug of getting credit for others escaping the progress was so slow. I am NEVER going to finish this or probably even get a 4th coin. How is increasing the killers progress by ONE going to help? Is this going to get extended massively? I vaguely saw the thing saying next week two offerings will appear in the tree. Its over in a few days isnt it?

• fcc2014
    Options

@ASurvkillivorer said:
    Even WITH the bug of getting credit for others escaping the progress was so slow. I am NEVER going to finish this or probably even get a 4th coin. How is increasing the killers progress by ONE going to help? Is this going to get extended massively? I vaguely saw the thing saying next week two offerings will appear in the tree. Its over in a few days isnt it?

3x12=36 plus 2 default lanterns potentially 44 points per killer match. Faster que time. Don't focus on kills focus on hooks if you just want the 9 coins. You have till the 13th.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Im not gonna pull off 12 hooks a match. Let alone get to all the lanterns in time.

• fcc2014
    Options

@ASurvkillivorer said:
    Im not gonna pull off 12 hooks a match. Let alone get to all the lanterns in time.

No you won't but you will sometimes and you get quicker lobbies. How often are 5 generators and you escaping with a lantern happening? Teammates are playing selfish during this event. Not doing the objective and not going for hook saves.

• The_Crusader
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Since the Devs are adding more offerings, giving killers better incentive to play killer and hopefully reducing que times. I think i was proven right but he won't admit it.

Almost, now we just need them to make survivors unhook and work on gens again!

Oh and most importantly to STOP SANDBAGGING OTHER SURVIVORS!!!!
  • fcc2014
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    fcc2014 said:

i can't wait for the event to be over just for that simple fact. Getting chased for 3 or 4 minutes no generators done. Getting downed and still see no one or one person working on generators. Sitting on the hook going through all the phases and nobody comes.

• pemberley
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@The_Crusader said:

YES. Just today a David did everything in his power to get me killed and noticed by the killer. And I have had several more instances where I was successfully or attempted into being a sacrificial lamb by petty teammates who didn’t bring an offering but felt entitled to my lantern. 

It’s not enough to expect a killer to show mercy every time a fellow survivor sandbags in the event. 
  • The_Crusader
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    fcc2014 said:

i can't wait for the event to be over just for that simple fact. Getting chased for 3 or 4 minutes no generators done. Getting downed and still see no one or one person working on generators. Sitting on the hook going through all the phases and nobody comes.

Yeah solo survivors are getting hurt big time by this event.

Meanwhile SWF genrushing harder than ever before because they don't compete with each other.

Solo players are definitely getting the short end of the stick here. The game has really been unejoyable since the event started.