The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Filter

Daniel28
Daniel28 Member Posts: 39
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think the game should have a game filter where you don't go against the killer you don't want and each survivor can only pick 1 and you don't get to see others vote if you accidentally pick same. I think so, from I off myself anytime against dredge and it's a waste of time for me/other survivors/killer when I off myself

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Aren't the queue times long enough? Every killer has counterplay, anyway. Whether you want to learn it is up to you. We should be advocating for better map designs so that the counterplay against every killer is balanced. But it is an asymmetrical game so maybe that will never happen. It is possible that every map could be designed and changed to match the killer it has in the trial (different versions of the same map correlating to the killer in the match); However, that'd probably take a long time to implement given the track record of every other update to the game. I think the game filter feature you thought of would just be unfair to killers that just want to play the killer they like.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,924

Nah, maybe Survivors can learn to play against the Killers they don't like.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,743

Nope. Too open to abuse. Nurses and Blights would never get a match.

• Daniel28
    edited July 2022

Yeah they would, I don't mind playing against them all except dredge mainly, and I play in a swift with other players. You have no right to say that until they give it a week and see the results on who does and doesn't get played with in the filter

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164

Why not adding a filter to choose what perk you don't want to see either in your team or in the opposite one ?

we could also choose addons that we don't want to see on killers, like pinky finger clown.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Being limited to one pick isn't nearly as bad as some other similar suggestions I've seen made, but seriously, the matchmaking system we have can't give us a decent match with equally skilled teammates and opponents before you factor in everybody's block list (a solid half of which would be Nurse) and what killers any given lobby is allowed to accept.

Like, okay, you can only block one killer. But a SWF can effectively coordinate a list of who they don't want to see, so for a 4-man, it's not just a no-Nurse lobby, it's a No Nurse, No Blight, No Huntress, and No Artist Allowed room. For example.

Nurse, Blight, and Bubba would all take ages to get matches. Then you have other killers that people hate versing but who are less common sights in the wild - Legion, Hag, Twins, Plague, Pinhead, Trickster, etc. They wouldn't normally be many people's blocked killer, but when they get featured in a tome and everyone starts picking them? Suddenly, people trying to do challenges are practically in their own bloated queue.

Better not to give people that power. If there are issues that people have going against specific killers, they should be addressed with balance updates, accessibility options, or sometimes just a healthy dose of copium.

• Daniel28

True enough, or they could do this

Let's say everyone picks a different killer, they block them but they can only block the specific killer 1 time a day, and have a 24 hour cooldown before they can block them again

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

What if they sold killer blocking tokens in the store? Then added a pre-lobby lobby where you play your pre-lobby lobby items? That would be funny.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 627

Ok. And I want a filter that blocks off any swf from my games. Give it a week. Let's see how that works.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Ok so you veto Dredge.

Your SWF mates each veto Nurse, Blight and Wraith.

That's 4 high end killers your SWF won't be matched against.

Enjoy your 20 minute queue times against nothing but Legion.

• Daniel28
    edited July 2022

I wouldn't mind what you said for killers from I hate going against swfs as killer