If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Marauder---My first custom killer entry (Updated)

Options
LLCoachBurnsLL
LLCoachBurnsLL Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Creations

Updated after feedback

Post edited by LLCoachBurnsLL on

Comments

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

Nice work. Very well made. I like this and if it shipped as is It would work well. just because I like it and how it is handled doesn't mean I don't have criticisms for it.

Power:

This is a nice power on paper but feels like it would be the same as Old Doctor (Switching between Shock and Punishment modes). mode switching for no reason when the spread shot would be a better power button ability. any good Killer would be able to run gun only without any problem because they can track survivors very well (This is very exploitable you could use this for addon Ideas beyond lowering the reload/cleaning speed). but the opposite isn't true, playing without the gun would be handicapping yourself to the equivalent of No Traps Trapper.

There doesn't feel like a reason to switch to the Cutlass. Maybe instead, switch between them with CTRL and make the cutlass have a thrust dash to let him close gaps that little bit faster. As much as I'd love to have a Killer with a passive ability of Basic Attacks it does not work unless the status is Killer Specific (ie. Freddy's Sleeping).

I like the idea of no basic attacks with the blunderbuss but if you're mode switching just to have a general feature of a killer in dead by daylight it sort of makes that part of the power off especially if you have no reason to switch back. overall about this part though it is fine.

looks up at power section I had a lot more to say about that than I thought.... these are actually very Minor complaints and I'd get over them quickly.

Perks: When thinking of perks you have to think of them on every Killer, not just the one they came with.

Death By Greed: Buff those numbers. The Hindered Effect feels a little too safe you could reliably push harder. most current hindered effects (that usually matter to the killer when used) average around 10-15% with couple outliers. I can personally Attest to most survivors being able to loop with prolonged Hindered at 15%. The duration is fine. Though small question: Does the trap remain on the same object after a survivor interacts with it and can go off again or does it allow you another object to trap?

Hex: Madman's Curse: Add more conditions to the activation. not being able to do co-op actions is a harsh blow but it rarely occurs that people travel in groups. (usually it just ends up that way or the survivors are too in the killer's face to do anything else). Cleansing or Blessing a Totem is one you can add without affecting too much. and even have it effect the one who cleanses the Hex.

Keen Eyes: Overall fine, though what specifically counts as "Visible" may need to be defined better. why does the range get smaller as it tiers?

That should be all I have to say/ask. You can take these things however you wish it's your killer.

• LLCoachBurnsLL
    Options

Thank you for the feedback, I was also thinking about making the blunderbuss cause a bunch of status effects rather than damaging survivors.

As for "Keen Eye" it is being lowered because anyone that distance or further gets highlighted. I pictured it working like Michaels's stalking.

What if I made unhooking count towards the Hex? Would it be too strong then?

As for Greed, I was picturing you can interact with as many objects as you want and it would replace the previous old ones based on which is the oldest.

• LLCoachBurnsLL
    edited July 2022
    Options

If anybody has other ideas for perks or something of that nature, please let me know

Post edited by LLCoachBurnsLL on