Can we seriously get rid of luck and mist offerings?

Triplehoo
Triplehoo Member Posts: 628
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

They literally have no place in this game. Nobody plays them ever and they are a waste of BP's.

And in Bloodweb, they are always the ones Entity leaves as last if you have tho choose between two better offerings, add-ons or perks.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

In a weird way, atleast in memory, I kind of miss the ambiance of old mist.

• Triplehoo
    edited July 2022

Exactly. Remove "Plunderer's Instinct" entirely and include it's possibilities to luck to find better items in chests. And luck should also affect the chances of spawning hatch near you. Luck as of now, is completely useless in this game. And the mist doesn't do anything. You can see Killers from miles away nowadays because the maps are too bright.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Luck needs to be completely reworked or removed.

Mist I agree with removing, it should be retired like the moonlight offerings.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

I wouldn’t mind if luck offerings also affected item rarity from chests.

Mist offerings should just be removed. They’re a waste of time and bloodpoints.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2022

At the least I think both require a rework so they're purposeful, if they're not outright removed.

We're playing a game where the devs appear ridiculously cognizant of item economy, even as they reduce the overall perk grind it makes hoarding items harder and harder.

So let us punch up, make the mist really cool ambience for stealth killers/immersive survivors, make luck do more than just affect your unhook.

Right now the prevalence of these two items on the blood web is sad.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Luck offerings have a place with yeeting off hook builds, especially when combined with Slippery Meat and Up The Ante. Mist can have its uses with stealth killers and sabo builds.

Just remove all of the offerings except the 'very rare' (purple) ones and the common one that reduces the thickness of the mist.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,212

The bloodweb just needs a complete rework. No reason for players to be forced into spending BP on things they don't want or need. I probably have thousands of freaking mist offerings across all characters totalling a depressing amount of wasted BP

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

Yeah, the 'luck' mechanic has always been such a myth. I mean, the only thing those offerings do is increase your chances to kobe off the hook. Which is pretty useless because the only time people do this is when there's a slug situation and there's no other chance of making a comeback. They should either remove it entirely, or at least make the luck mechanic a little more dynamic with actual effects on gameplay.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Don't take away my Plunderer's! What else am I supposed to pair with Pharmacy to add to my unholy number of green medkits?

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited July 2022

Yeah, luck offerings can just go at this point. Mist would be fine, if we actually still had fog in the game... 😕

Edit: typo/auto-correct.

Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • TheGrimQueefer
    TheGrimQueefer Member Posts: 121

Why would they re-work existing things which are wrong with the game when they can attempt to make money by focusing on new chapters? There's a reason the game is a mess.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

I think they had greater plans for luck when they added it to the game, then realized that this game had more than enough RNG elements attached to it and realized it probably was not a great idea to add even more.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

i would gladly get rid also of map offerings... those offerings are abused by SWF groups, killers and solo survivor will probably put bonus bloodpoints offerings

• Triplehoo
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

I'd agree with Retiring of Luck based offerings.

I'd agree with Retiring Fog offerings as most maps they're either too much or doesn't do anything at all.

Also it's just more bloat removed from the bloodweb if we retire both.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Luck should come with increase rarity item in chest.

Lessen mist should go, I still think thicken mist should stay.

Someone suggested that Map offering should give you ability to avoid the realm, instead of getting into the realm. However, it would be sad to see no one plays Scratch mirror Myer if Map offerings removed

• keepingitril
    keepingitril Member Posts: 94
    edited July 2022

What do you do if you don't want a large chunk of what the web offers almost every time but you are forced to spend because you have to?

That's rhetorical.

I'd love a complete overhaul of the entire web / things to spend BP on - it's very much needed.

Here is someone's pretty interesting concept / ideas - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318949/offering-and-bloodweb-rework-intended-to-lighten-the-grind-and-concept-more-helpful-offerings

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Plunderers instinct is a general perk, you're thinking of up the ante

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I’d rather them both just get buffed/reworked to be relevant rather than removed.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Plunderer’s does increase your chances of a rarer item, though - even though it’s not related to the luck system. Up The Ante does not. Sounds to me like he is asking for PI to be deleted/reworked, and its chances of a better chest item integrated into luck so that luck offerings and perks would have a better place in searching chests.

How would you suggest buffing/reworking them? If you buff luck percentages too high, people will be rescuing themself off hook a lot easier for much less risk.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’d rather see them revamped then deleted. But yeah, mist and luck are both basically totally worthless effects.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

What if the Mist offerings were reworked into something like a less extreme version of Dredge's Nightfall? Maybe something like PTB Nightfall, which was noted as being weaker than the live version.

It would darken/ reduce visibility on maps, but not to the same degree as the Dredge. Maybe color it to reflect the maps, like a dust storm type thing for the Eyerie of Crows rather than make it the Dredge's blackness.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The buffing was more related to the fog, not the Luck. However I think the Luck just needs a rework for something totally different, not sure what.