Can you play with default outfits?

I mostly don't wanna play survivors or killers with their default outfits. It just feels boring and bland. So i end up spending money on cosmetics for them. Now i've spent so much it's saddening to be honest. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

I've reached a point I won't spend any more money until they fix matchmaking. It's not even on PTB so they can enjoy other whale's money.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

I spent around Rs.10,000 in the last 9 months. It is a lot! Lets just say i can buy atleast 5 AAA games at launch price with that kinda money.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,475

I definitely can.

Never cared much for cosmetics that weren't Prestige or Event-related.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Yep, i'm one of those that prefer Default-Outfits, especially for Survivors. 😁

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

I can do sure - sometimes being a default Dwight is just the vibe I want at that moment.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I wouldn't say I've spent too much money on cosmetics, but I have bought every Demogorgon and Artist skin, and every Steve skin (not Jonathan tho), along with a couple of cosmetic pieces on Trickster, Oni, Twins, Nurse, Ghostface and probably a couple more

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

With anyone else in the game, sure. But I definitely can't specifically with Trickster and Yun Jin. They just got so much nice customization mixes imo that I cant hold back (They could use more outfits in general though). Although, for a lot of the licensed killers and survivors, I tend to enjoy their default outfits more.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

If I like a game enough to play it for thousand of hours, I don't mind buying cosmetics. And I did. Playing default outfit as a Survivor is a meh. Mikaela was OK, except for the hat. But the rest... I don't know, I like none of the default outfit.

For Killers, as I don't truly see them while playing, I don't truly mind. I only bought a cosmetic for Legion and one for Spirit. I don't think I'll buy more. I mean, I don't play a lot of Killers for now, so I'll see later if I can finally becoming less bad at this role.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I like swapping my outfits every match...Depending on how I feel I enjoy them in their original clothes or bloody version... And other times I wanna be bright and vibrant... And sometimes I wanna look really bad with clashing clothing (I despised linked sets).

Dbd is really a dress up sim afterall ^^"

As long as I am having fun with dbd I don't mind throwing money at cosmetics.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

If you consider full prestige as a default too, then I play those a lot

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Yes, cus I main Leon/JIll, and I'm not going to spend 10 euros on a skin... if I were that crazy I'd get Chris 😞💕

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Survivors I tend to spring for cosmetics, especially if it's ones I play regularly, but there are some I play regularly because of the cosmetics. Didn't want to P3 Meg until her pig mask came out, lol.

Killers much less. I can't see them in game. I have to really like it or see some sort of advantage, like Ghost Face's original costume with the silver mask for more blendy action.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

I spent my whole life savings on this game. I live on the streets with me and my ps4 and dbd. I get wifi from the nearby restraunt. I eat food out of the trash and I collect enough pennys up to afford a purple cosmetic. But hey buying a $10 ans sometimes $15 in game thing that dosnt do anything except change your appearance is worth it!

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

I always play as default Meg, I don't know why but she's cute.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,491

It's hard for me to spend money on killer cosmetics considering the you play them in a first person perspective.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'll doll up my characters in whatever I like best based on what I have available. The only times I ever spent money on cosmetics were for the Pig's drill bit weapon and the premium track on the rift to get her Reverse Bear Trap mask. I'd also spend auric cells on the leather jacket if they ever fix the issue with the Reverse Bear Trap mask's hair.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

I mainly use outfits available from the Rift. I very rarely purchase anything with Auric Cells, and when I do its when they're on sale.

Waited forever for Zarina's penguin onesie to become available for Shards like they sometimes do to Auric Cell only outfits, but eventually bit the bullet and copped it when it was on sale last month.

I don't even play Zarina! It's just a really cute outfit.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I miss the outfits you used to be able to grind for now it seems like it's always a pay to have type thing unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of shards to obtain it

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Once you look this cool you can never go back to the basics. 😎

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

I like to play default Meg when I am in the mood to get chased / tunneled all match, I equip the vault speed / some sort of looping build and hope they will think I am rank 20 meg head

I also play p3 claudette.

Other than that I paid too much for all the cosmetics and most of my other Survivor mains are serving fashion icons (Jane, Yun Jin, Elodie, Feng, David) so I am def not going for default look

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Default Ace is literally disgusting. No I cannot do it.