Legacy should be the minimum!

Options
2»

Comments

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570
    Options

Not really tbh. Back in the day DBD was much different and much harder. I played legacy dbd everyday when it first came out for a long time ( I just had surgery so it was the only thing to keep boredom away) and I only managed to get 2 legacies which are billy and Claudette. And I barely play with them anymore lol

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I'm fine with that but why even add a "reward" that's so bad you added an option to turn it off? Like I'm at least glad the option was there(wish there was one for the chat filter too) but it's such a minor reward that you could barely call it a reward.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,192
    Options

I'm not sure why they don't do it, it's not a smart move on their part , they claim to strive for community satisfaction but even the smallest things the majority of the community would want they won't do, it wouldn't take alot of resources for just a few things here and there that don't affect gameplay balance, I'm talking things like rewards or bloodhunts or even events, like the summer bbq event, It was great and you grinded for a reward instead of it being locked behind the paywall and the way everything looked was sick.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
    Options

While I'm unhappy with the prestige reward and wouldn't say no to legacy at all... I'm pretty sure legacy cosmetics will never be on the table because they'd have to try and negotiate with every license to get them on licensed characters. And Freddy/Demo/Quentin/Steve/Nancy are just flat-out never happening, so the whole thing is scuttled. You can't give a P3 reward and then exclude a few characters when it's probable that some players out there only have those characters P3ed.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

I see your point, but...they did exactly that with Michael and Laurie.

As a long time Freddy main, I would be disappointed, but... it is still better than that ugly portrait.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514
    Options

it also came at a time when there weren't 29 survivors to prestige so its about the same.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 432
    Options

That’s what I said + all the killers…

You (bhvr) couldn’t argue with the „more grind at the beginning“. They can just use the bloody prestige-skins and change the blood into silver or something like that. On top maybe put the P3-Logo in the score-screen.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    Options

That’s a huge point:

I think a lot of the longtime players spend a lot of money over the years… and I would think about that, if I were a company. Disappointing such a part of the community/customers couldn’t be a good move 🤔 but what I know about customer relationship? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Why? Why should we get anything? It's a gesture, nothing more. Why would we be entitled to any kind of compensation? Because we played before other players?

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2022
    Options

since we are at "not giving players stuff others cannot get", how about somehow making old Charms available to everyone! it would be just fair, or how is it fair that I will never get the Gardendwarf or the Mr puddles charm?

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

I think the reward is fine they just got to make the portraits look better. They said that they weren’t gonna do cosmetics so I don’t know why people are complaining about it now lmao

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    Options

There are still a lot of exclusive cosmetics in the game, neas hype shirt, trappershirt for dwight, megs golden shirt, outfits from 4th birthday and so on… in the past bhvr give out to everyone just the cosmetics which codes were sold for very high prices on other platforms like street meg. They want just remove the code selling.

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options

Let the whole legacy thing go already it's 2022 why do you want another default reskin anyway when you have hella cosmetics in the store 💀💀

• deKlaw_04
    Options

I get being mad that the portraits don’t look as best as they could. I wish it was a cosmetic but even when they revealed it wasn’t gonna be the reward I still went ahead and prestiged a ton of characters.

• drsoontm
    edited July 2022
    Options

The reward of the grind were the skins and the add-ons.

They are improving the game so we don't have to grind so much anymore. That's already pretty good in itself.

We are not losing anything and getting a token to mark the change. Why would anyone cry is not enough?

Unless ... bragging rights? That's it? Getting something "exclusive" that cannot be obtained anymore and can be shown to everyone? Maybe also some kind of jealousy over the ones who got an exclusive and publicly visible item (skin) years ago?

Oh gods that's it isn't it? No wonder I did not understand. It's so ...

I'm speechless.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    Options

Prestiging was all the years the only way to get the bloody cosmetics, so you had to start always again from level 1-50 and again while you lost everytime your inventory (perks, addons, items). Now they change it so you will not loose all these things, so all who have decided against prestiging are now the lucky ones and to all who loose these stuff in all the years they say: bad luck

• deKlaw_04
    Options

Yeah I get that. Im still glad that prestiged some characters early so that could stockpile without feeling incomplete

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

I understand the reasoning behind not having legacy 2.0, but I wanted something that could be seen by other players, even if only in the tally screen. A sparkle effect on the character portrait that only you can see, and only when you open the character screen is hardly a fitting reward for prestiging before the update.

Even just a different prestige border for those who P3'd prior to the update would be better than the sparkle effect.

• geni
    geni Member Posts: 150
    Options

Because outfits in store arent free and doesnt show that you put effort into the grind

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

Which is a shame in the context of how buggy DbD was at the time. So buggy that people lost their safe files multiple times and never received their Legacy back.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    Options

The problem I think is that once players knew there would be some reward, they grinded several characters to P3. I see why players would be disappointed.

I'm on the fence about having a unique reward. I don't care much for the "sparkle" icon, I think a bloody avatar would have been more fitting. But maybe that is going to be saved for the future. But the question to me is "do we really need to distinct between players that did it before the new system?" because the new system isn't all that different. It's still a bad grind.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    Options

Players prestiged long before the announcement of the upcoming change and a kind of reward. You can say these players want to see a fitting compensation for all the stuff they lost over the years while they commit to the game and the prestige system and when the update arrives you don’t have to loose addons, perks, items or offerings…

• Ripley
    edited July 2022
    Options

This is true, but my question still stands; do we need to create a distinction about who prestiged when? I don't believe we do. Others might disagree.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

That was also during a time where there was waaaay less characters and perks.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Which, in turn, made it far easier to get the rewards.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75
    Options

Yes, for some people that is exactly it - Bragging rights, because that is what BHVR promised in the Mid-Chapter Gameplay Update twitch stream not too long ago (maybe you didn't see it?). So I think it is very understandable that a part of the community trusted that promise and expected a reward that would give them "bragging rights" in some way and are now incredibly disappointed with the lazy portrait glitter that other people cannot see.

• drsoontm
    Options

I've watched it but I don't recall anything about "bragging rights".

• Ripley
    edited July 2022
    Options

From the Anniversary stream:

https://youtu.be/hILUtCTf7GU?t=2920

"For those who haven't yet prestiged their characters, we're also working on a fair way to still reward players for their time investment and dedication, once this update takes effect."

So it doesn't actually say anything about other players being able to see the reward.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I would like a Diamond border and a diamond Prestige icon on my Prestiged characters as a way of showing legacy. That way people can see all the work that I done and people who did it afterwards will never have that. Made a post about it already.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75
    Options

Maybe at the anniversary stream (May 17th) they hadn't finalized the "reward" yet so they said they are "working on it" and didn't share too many details, which makes sense.

I posted a clip 2 posts up from yours from the Mid-Chapter Gameplay Update twitch stream from June 27th where they did in fact mention "bragging rights" which implies other people would be able to see it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableSilkyAsteriskAMPEnergyCherry-4DPNouTgSyKaEo-k