Idea to buff Resurgence.

dspaceman20
dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
edited February 5 in Feedback and Suggestions

Do I was looking a Resurgence and I feel the perk is a bit underwhelming. Especially since hemorrhage have been buffed and nerfed it as a result. So here is my idea to buff it to be a bit better.

Along with its current effect when your put into the dying state at anytime your automatically recovered 50% progress.

What do you think is this idea overpowered or not?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Flip Flop and Powerstruggle do like this.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,201

Potentially OP with Flip Flop and Power Struggle

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited July 2022

Busted synergy. Resurgence doesn’t need a buff.

• dspaceman20

A new meta incoming.

But you could just make it a one time use or maybe a cooldown.

• dspaceman20

It's nearly useless with the hemorrhage buff and barely anyone uses it. It's too underwhelming.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

One time use does not make something fundamentally bad design suddenly okay.

It's still a good perk that saves 8s per unhook. Hemorrhage is literally meant to counter perks like this. Not the other way around.

• dspaceman20

Yeah it counters it completely into uselessness since sloppy can completely remove the entire process in just a few seconds. Hemorrhage countering niche perks that barely see any use isn't good

It also won't do anythiny if the killer is camping or tunneling you since you most likely won't have enough time to get the heal off.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

That makes flipflop powerstruggle actually uncounterable which is stupid.

I don’t mind resurgence getting a buff but I don’t think that really works.

• dspaceman20

Yeah people pointed that out. I agree.

Back to the drawing board

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm afraid even with a buff, Resurgence wouldn't be played as much as for now. Let's take Vigil, which had a nice buff (at least, IMO). I rarely see it. In a month (and I play everyday), if I saw it like twice, it's already a miracle.

The fact is most people wanna use the best perks. I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Of course, we want to perform well, to win, etc., so we are looking at what perks are gonna help with the goal. And Resurgence isn't truly helping.

But I like the perk so if we have a buff, I'd be happy. Unless it's a buff like Calm Spirit. (Which I don't even know if it was intended to be buffed or nerfed).

Would it be too much if the first unhook, it's 50%, then 70% for the second unhook? You can be healed way faster while you're on death hook. But I'm no game developper so I probably have some BS ideas sometimes.

• poujh
    poujh Member Posts: 155

I think resurgence should make you immune to the haemorrhage effect. It would solve the issue of losing your healing progress after being unhooked and it could help you at other times during the game. It still wouldn't be too overpowered as you would still be slowed by the mangled effect from sloppy (i know that some killer addons applying haemorrhage would be countered but the situations in which players are affected by haemorrhage the most are the ones where the killer runs sloppy butcher). Even with that I don't think that the perk will see many more users as it still wouldn't have much of an impact in most games.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited July 2022

Resurgence should have the same effect, but done differently. After being unhooked, other survivors heal you 100% faster for the next 60 seconds, deactivates once fully healed, and activates the next time you're hooked.

Resurgence only works twice, shaving off 16 seconds of healing, at most; it should not be completely crippled by hemmorhage.

----

If that's not enough and the perk still needs more, then let it increase your wiggle speed if you're on death hook and then deactivate for the rest of the trial if you wiggle free.

Post edited by Nos37 on
This discussion has been closed.