Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Now, really, why would you even play Myers when you have Ghostface.

Jurasaurz
Jurasaurz Member Posts: 22
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

After playing several matches with Myers and Ghostface, I feel like Myers needs a complete rework since Ghostface is basically same Myers but in every gameplay aspect he is better.

I might be wrong but Myers is like a huge "trash" and outdated killer since he was released back in time where Meta and other killers/perks were all different.

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited July 2022

Actually my favorite way to play Meyers is the Mirror add-ons. You lose the exposed hits but I love the stealth and auras at will. 🙂

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

If you like insta downs and want to get spicy you could run Make Your Choice or Devour. I've had success with both using the mirror add ons. They cannot hide from you 😈

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Oh for sure, I run Exposed perks with those all the time! Haunted Grounds is fun too.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

becacause he is hot

jk I prefer Ghostie, but I love to play endurance spirit fury forever t3 Mikey from time to time, I like his big...lunge

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291

Why would you play Ghostface when freaking Michael Myers is in the game that's the real question.

Ghostface can be taken out of his power how are you going to catch survivors off guard on big open maps like Mother Dwelling or Eyrie of Crows survivors with minimal situational awareness will reveal you.

Michael doesn't really care if you see him as long as you're in the open you're giving him free juice you cannot stop him from stalking you,you need to break line of sights asap that's not the case with Ghostface where you can literally reveal him and make his power useless.

Both of these killers are really not that good and needs some love but imo Myers>Ghostface,Myers has the add-ons variety fun playstyles on certain maps playing with vanity mirror on Midwich with 8 stacks of STBFL is just too fun.

and as @Dwight_Fairfield said he's the iconic Michael Myers even if he's a weak killer playing as a horror icon that you love is also one of the reasons people play the Shape.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I mean, myers doesn't get revealed every 2 seconds, and you're in more control of your stalk imo because you have 4 survivors to get stalk off of, instead of individual ones

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Because Myers is better

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

Tombstone, perma tier 3 and Scratched Mirror.

Myers is the worst killer in the game and is outclassed by literally everything, but his add-ons are fun.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Myers with addons is a ton of fun. All killers should have addon selections as varied and useful as Myers.

Infinite T3 should be the norm for power spikes. Just absolute killing machines.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

There is plenty of reasons. Some people forget that some people actually just like to play their favorite characters from movies or games regardless of the balance. I borough this game originally for Myers back when he was the only license still besides Bill an think by I was on console. I love his movies and that's why I play him. I like Michael Myers. I also find him more fun. Especially when you bring in super fun stuff like the tuft of hair. I love his vault speed and I usually use a build with Fire Up and Bamboozle because it's fun. There are reasons to play certain killers over others even if they are slightly similar. Same for characters like Sadako VS Dredge. It seems most people think Sadako is actually really fun. Believe it or not but I don't think the DBD community actually cares too much if a character is strong or not when it comes to who they actually end up playing. You barely see any Artists because sure she is strong, I don't think many found her all that amazingly fun compared to other characters.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 252

Myers isn’t bad once you realise you should 99% his power at T2.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I don't like survivors getting a say in whether I'm in stealth or not. It's just not my thing.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

One of the most fun I ever had with Myers was when I was randomly dropped into RPC and I played budged Scratched Mirror, ie I just didn't level up my power and just stalked the poor survivors madly around the map and jump scared them whenever possible. I still got salty messages in the end game chat and could have 4Ked the trial, but gave the last one the exit gate.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

If you ask me myers is a much better killer

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Myers is Mid. And needs help.

Im not gonna sit here and suck down nostalgia and license bias or pretend like 6k add ons every game is the norm. He's mid.

Michael Myers is not a stealth killer. Stop saying it. Unless you run a specific set of add ons and perks, people know you're there dude. And he's tall as ######### I can see him coming a full screen away.

So for a pure stealth Ghostface>Myers

"BUT GHOSTFACE POWER U LUT AT HEIM AND HE GO NO POWA?!?"

Its back up in some seconds. And unlike Myers he has actual stealth, not some, "oh because I'm doing well now past tier 1 my stealth goes poof"

As far as 1 shot downs go, ghostface still has the advantage. Theres no "RUNNING OUT OF JUICE" with ghostface. You lock on a target, juice them up, then 1 shot. Theres no waiting to go up tiers, none of that, you get more 1 shot activations per round than Myers by a mile. And you can't see ghostface on tall loops. Not gonna sit here and pretend like tombstone is run every single match...knock it off.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 715

Myers is stronger than Ghostface though? I don't think GF has any Add Ons that kills Survivors out right, Tier 2 Myers still has a 16 meters TR that makes him a decent Stealth Killer. If you get Tier 3 which is easy if you have Corrupt. You get like a Survivor Fast Vault if you have Bamboozle as a Killer making God Windows useless against him.

Ghostface is just a weak M1 Killer against a strong SWF while you still have a chance against Strong SWF on Myers due to his OP Tombstone Add Ons and ridiculously Vault Speeds.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Uh myer seems better.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Myers is way better then GF in my opinion.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Both are fun to me.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Michael is hardcore. He does not care, he has no mercy, his soul is black, and he cannot be mocked without repercussions.

I have been playing him since the beginning and I rarely have a game where I did not have fun. It is especially pleasing to see the jumpscares from the survivor side when you play a streamer. He is one of the rare killers that each side can have a blast with.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Same here. I've been a Mikey main for four years and he's so much fun. Very versatile with builds. And I win most of my games with him too.

• BigFatAl
    BigFatAl Member Posts: 43

I second this. The beauty in the Shape is in his simplicity. His entire concept in DBD is the fact that you have three ways to play him, stalking, steamrolling, or a mix of the former two options.

I fail to see anything wrong with Myers. Adding to him would dilute him. What rework does he need. Do we need Conal Cochran? Do we need the conspiracy of Thorn as a Hex? Do we need Sherri Moon Zombie parading in skimpy underwear?

It's as if we killer mains have gotten too caught up in Nurse's teleportation or Pyramid Head's torment.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Myers does not require nearly as much strategic play as ghostface.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Myers can instadown multiple people, vault faster, and lunge further all off of 1 Tier 3 pop. Ghost Face can get revealed by people on the ground and on the hook, which takes away his power to Expose 1 survivor.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

i might have slightly agreed that ghostface is better before his patch, but since the patch that was supposed to buff him made revealing him so easy and it's almost impossible to stalk survivors now i think myers is much better.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2022

I think there should be some form of removal of his limited ability to stalk people, with the exception being

1 - not able to stalk past a set amount on one person in a short amount of time, to help less skilled players

2 - specific addons, so you also can't gain your entire tombstone off one person.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

Ghostface is a GARBAGE killer.

His ability is controlled by survivors whilst Myers can use his ability whenever he wants and isn't controlled by the survivors looking at you.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Ngl, the whole GF vs Mikey debate needs to settle down..

Funny enough, it's mikey / GF, there's three things that hold GF back more than mikey in anyway shape or form,

1: Stealth: Ight.. Why is it that GF can be just about get broken instantly out of his stealth if a survivor looks at the boi, that don't make sense. aswel with the fact they can STILL do this behind walls... compared to GF, Mikey got that 24 / 16 meter radius AND can even make it shorter just to get the jump on survivors (if they even bother to look around..)

2: Addons: ...Mikey has more going for him than GF.. Mikey is still the ONLY killer that can instantly kill someone by his hand (Without hook states, and Don't you dare mention sadako... she has no place in this argument) whereas GF just... stabs you down, ...nuff said

3: Instant Down: Now yes.. we all know mikey can get his power drained entirely for the whole match.. But he has Alot more upsides in T3 than GF marking you.. For starters, Bonus to vault speed + Lunge? gawddamn that's already smokin' And GF... can't break him out of...stealth... tf is that useful for if i'm looping him out in the open!?!

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440

This is untrue as I have mocked and dunked on many myers a lot of times, and the only repercusion I got was 5000 escape points.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I never said he had a 100% success rate and it was clearly said in a playful tone. Woosh

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,477

Myers is much stronger and scarier than GF, imo.

If I look back and see GF peeking from a corner, I'd reveal him and we will make a teabag contest.

If I look back and see Myers, I'll shat my pants and be moried instantly.

No offence to GF.=) But Myers is Myers.

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346
    edited July 2022

They're powers are similar in a way but GF is like a sniper, one survivor at a time (or any amount of survivors he's looking at but they HAVE to be there) where Myers is like a radiation bomb that affects the whole map when he hits tier 3. So you get to T3 off someone, down them, you can go for another everyone is exposed. With GF you get the one hit, but have to stalk the next. They both have their benefits.

Myers running out of stalk potentially is dumb to me. People will say "if you've run out of stalk you've lost the match anyways" and I don't disagree, but thats an outdated feature from what I read someone refer to as "the old days of DBD when it was more of a game of hide and seek" vs now many survivors are out in the open more, like taking chases, ect.

So they both have a different scenario where they're "powerless" i guess was the point, only GF its temporary throughout the match for short periods, and Myers, while not super common, can run out of T3 permanently.

I see how some find them similar, but to me they're as comparable as billy is to bubba just because they both have instadown chainsaws. Similar in SOME ways but play differently in a lot of other ways.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited July 2022

First...

Anytime you have to vault a loop you've lost the loop. Doesn't matter how fast it is, it ain't instant, your time is cut, so thats not a win. The lunge is ok but again you're not stealthy during this phase.

Second, if someone is looking at you enough to break your stealth as GF, you weren't stealthy to begin with. Survivors aren't stupid, they're humans, they can see you.

Third. Mikes exposure is a single chase event unless people are stacked together. Meanwhile, GF can at least stagger his effectiveness all game long, no waiting to go all the way back up again.

Which ends up giving GF way more consistent snowball, instead of going "oops...I gotta start stalking people all over again, which the time it takes you is several chases worth of seconds wasted, instead of going stalk>>> ok kill the guy you just stalked.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

for the memes... or if you are masochist, those are the only 2 things that i can think

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Anytime you have to vault a loop you've lost the loop. Doesn't matter how fast it is, it ain't instant, your time is cut, so thats not a win. The lunge is ok but again you're not stealthy during this phase.

Bamboozle would like to have a word with you...

Second, if someone is looking at you enough to break your stealth as GF, you weren't stealthy to begin with. Survivors aren't stupid, they're humans, they can see you

Weren't Stealthy.... Explain the fact that they can still (and somehow) break YOUR stealth through the walls half the time then, hmm?

Third. Mikes exposure is a single chase event unless people are stacked together. Meanwhile, GF can at least stagger his effectiveness all game long, no waiting to go all the way back up again.

Use infectious Fright on him. very easy plays with both Bam / IF,

Which ends up giving GF way more consistent snowball, instead of going "oops...I gotta start stalking people all over again, which the time it takes you is several chases worth of seconds wasted, instead of going stalk>>> ok kill the guy you just stalked.

You forgot the fact that GF suffers the One true thing like every m1 killer, He. Can. Be. Looped. For. The. Entire. Duration, same with any other killer (and including mikey too) both good and bad killers suffer this, lol

• Risky_Biscuit
    Risky_Biscuit Member Posts: 95

Jumpscare Myers. Also, Mikey can't be cheated out of his power like GF can.