Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Pyramid Head + Mori

1. Hook
    2. Cage
    3. Mori

:)

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124

I can't change your mind if you're not good at something that is simply the way it is.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

This is a team game though so if you loop your gonna have to get used to getting sacrificed.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Being tunneled out of a match, especially early in the match, is far more frustrating than all of the things you mentioned. Why? Because survivors are powerless to stop the killer from tunneling and the match only ends for YOU when everyone either escapes or dies. You can literally chase a couple survivors and break a few walls and still get more points than a survivor you tunneled out early. If you're being body blocked, run mad grit. A hook got sabo'd you were going to use? Walk 10 feet the other direction and you'll probably find another one. Flashlight saves? Look up and run lightborn. You have options to deal with the frustrating things survivors do to you. Survivors have way fewer options to deal with the much more frustrating things killers do to us. Tunneling is extremely bad for this game. I'm not joking when I say I personally know people who after thousands of hours put into the game and financially supporting the game for years have quit and trust me I've tried to get them to play again. They say the same thing every time, "Its not worth it." For something thats supposed to be a means of entertainment to turn into something so frustrating people don't want to be a part of it anymore, I think its very important for them to focus on the things that drive people away from this game. Its not fun to feel powerless and have a large part of your experience with the game being tunneled out of the match faster than the load screen took to put you in it.

• KateMain86

I'd love for both sides to stop treating each other like crap. Here's the problem though, theres only 2 ways to do it. It can either be a community effort (which will never happen) or through dev intervention. The question comes up though, how can they do it in a way that satisfies both sides? I personally don't think tunneling will ever stop. As far as toxic SWF groups, they will always be around and will do what they do with or without a reason. Its unfortunate but some people just find pleasure in bullying others in games and DBD is a game SWF groups can easily do that in. I will say if killer mains tunnel because of people like this, maybe save it for them and give the rest of us a break.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Death by tunnel means the survivor failed to escape every chase. It's not the killer's fault if a survivor can't succeed without a full reset once off the hook.

• KateMain86

Being downed right off the hook isn't the survivor failing to escape every chase. Its the survivor being thrown into a situation where the odds are heavily in favor of the killer. Again this goes back to the idea that survivors are supposed to have this general idea of how to run and loop killers like the high MMR players do. Most survivors just hold down the run button and the expectation that most of them should do more than this is not realistic for this game. There is nothing fair or a failure on the survivor's part for not getting out of a tunnel situation.

• DemonDaddy
    edited July 2022

It's on the survivor for failing that first chase. Every survivor gets 1 hook as a result of their individual effort, the other hooks are potential chances given by teammates. Getting hit off hook if a survivor failure in that the teammates not only made a risky unhook but also left you exposed to be downed again. A single teammate can usually cover long enough for a loop to be reached.

The bar for looping a killer is extremely low; in most cases just reaching a pallet can ensure enough time to reach the next. Multiple loops on one tile just comes with knowledge gained through play.

• KateMain86

The punishment for a survivor being downed after the first chase is... being hooked. Going after that same survivor right after the unhook is basically punishing them again for simply being thrown into that situation unwillingly. You know overall I've seen 2 kind of killers play this game. The kind that see the opportunity to tunnel a survivor and choose not to feeling its wrong and unfair, and those who do it anyway and don't care at all. Those who do it anyway I feel like take winning in this game way too seriously.

• DemonDaddy

We can all take it as a factor of Empathy or lack there of, but I don't think we need it to be mandated for killers. When the killer gains situational control it's their agency as a player to use it however. The very premise of the game is facing off against merciless monsters. Unless completely dominant, every act of mercy by the killer is an overall hindrance and counter productive.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    edited July 2022

"I am a survivor main" yeah good for you I guess. At the end, tunneling is a smart thing to do at a certain point if you really want to win the match. But it is not fun, nor is healthy for the game or good for your own trial.

I just had a match against a Pinhead who chased me whole game and instead of owning up to his mistakes, he decided to slug me. He was just standing on my body. He even brought a mori and the strongest addons + good perks.

At the end you will never make people happy in DbD.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Plattypus
    Plattypus Member Posts: 25

every nurse game against insane survivors is decided by how fast the first surv dies. I feel like thats pretty sad.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,546

No, tunneling is a really unhealthy thing for learning and whole expirience of the game.

On the killer side... It's unfortunatelly is necessary some time... Coz it's strong.

We'll se after update tho.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

"Tunneling is a good thing. CHANGE MY MIND"

No. The statement is so obviously unhinged that, whether it's trolling or delusion, it's not worth the effort either way.

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 192

I'm not letting a YouTuber decide what is or isn't a tactic. He does not get to dictate our game play. Anyone who tunnels at 5 gens has lost. They've refused to learn any tactics and will put themselves in a higher skill bracket that they don't deserve and will most likely make them quit the game. Because they refuse to learn something.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

Why do you want others to dictate what's good and bad for you. Killers should do whatever they want without needing to feel justified for it. There's no "oh but the other side is not gonna have fun" because it's just a match, it's not like you're the only killer the survivor you're tunneling goes against. You're purposefully going out of your way to play in such a manner that may be annoying to some, but once the match is over they'll forget you even exist within a few minutes. You bought the game, you get to dictate how your matches are played.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    edited July 2022

ah you're right, so everyone is just bad and everyone can go for 12 hook and 4ks and win, they're just bad!

Wow, this person just solved all of our killer problems!!!! Give this man a round of applause!!

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 134

Tunnelling is a great strategy. It's one of the most effective ways of crippling an enemy team early on, especially if you're a decent killer and can keep some pressure up.

The reason most killers don't do it is because pretty much everyone knows it's unsportsmanlike and not fun. That's also the reason why people resort to tunnelling when they get taunted by survivors, because it's effective, aggressive, and one of the simplest things (along with camping) that you can do to ruin someone's enjoyment - and let's face it, sometimes people deserve that when they're doing the same to you.

The idea behind both killer and survivor gameplay though is that it's supposed to be a challenge, and tunnelling really isn't. Pretty much everyone knows that.

I feel like the way to get rid of tunnelling isn't to do anything specific to the game mechanics, but instead incentivize not tunnelling (and camping). Devour Hope already does this to an extent, and I don't think it'd be a stretch to roll some sort of haste (or similar) effect - and crucially bloodpoint scoring - to award not staying nearby after hooking a survivor.

• KateMain86

No. I never said that. I was making a point and you interpreted it as me saying that for some reason. The point was its possible to play and enjoy the game without resorting to tunneling. Is it only a win for you if you get 4k with 3+ gens up every match? Are you able to have fun if you don't get 4k every match?

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Tunneling is a good thing because I'm lazy, cool AND hip, bruh. Unfortunately, I never play killer.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Being tunneled ≠ Being chased - being tunneled means you are immediately focused on while already injured off the hook. Most tunneling killers gain distance by waiting out BT and then simply getting an easy down. Not sure why I am even replying to a banned account.

• KateMain86

Yep. There's really no improving with the ability to run killers when you're pulled off the hook at the will of whoever is unhooking you. Its completely out of the hooked survivor's control. If the killer decides to tunnel its pretty much game over for that hooked survivor unless there is team intervention which is never guaranteed in solo que. Even when I did SWF, dealing with tunneling killers was a pain and we weren't always successful.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

DBD is chase and die simulator, it's the whole premise of DBD, one might say its core theme. Are you sure you're on the right forum?

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

So what you're saying is, you don't have to only enjoy the game by winning. But to that I say, why don't my opponents do the same thing? They sweat their bums off every game, predropping every pallet in sight, holding m1 on a generator like their life depends on it. But when I do my objective quicker, god forbid I do so, I'm not being MINDFUL of my opponents.

I'll be mindful of my opponents when they start being mindful of me. Not one has ever given me a pity kill, yet I've almost always given someone hatch. Nobody has ever shown me an ounce of remorse after they destroy me in a game, so why should I show remorse myself?

Yet even when all I get for being beaten is a bunch of teabags at the gate, I still give hatch to other people. Guess it's my mistake.