How many Survivors are gonna stop playing after the update next Tuesday?

Options

The meta change is really unnecessary, why did they do it like 6 years later and not something in the beginning of the years of DBD? Many of my friends are gonna uninstall/stop playing after the update, and it really makes me feel sad about them leaving the game when we used to play a lot! They completely nerfed all perks to garbage and they want us to get used to new perks.. like after using the same perks for 1-2 years, they are forcing us to new perks which we all don’t like. Many camping and tunneling after the update which is gonna be really annoying.

What are your thoughts about it?

Comments

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Personally I play slightly more survivor (pretty much only soloQ these days) and will probably carry on much the same as before. Maybe a bit more killer if the weaker ones feel a bit nicer to play after buffs, I've had a lot of opponents recently who are very willing and able to show you the limitations of playing pig or wraith.

In any case I'll be playing a lot more of both roles right after just to test out new perk combos etc

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

considering that my unironic main build for the past 2 months has been BT, We'll Make It, Saboteur, and Diversion I think I'll be okay. And the BT was only out of necessity because not bringing BT in the current state of the game is just throwing because killers camp too much.

With the basekit BT, I can finally start using Repressed Alliance

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

For sure possible but I'm willing to give it a chance.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited July 2022
    Options

Only cuz you play a game long or support a game with much merch or any other kind of support, doesnt raise your opinion or view of a game. Also dbd has been constantly evolving and developing in a positive direction. Ofc every game will have its ups and downs and I am not saying that dbd is perfect, but it is indeed going upwards, its not just me saying that, overall the playerbase has been growing constantly.. till it dropped cuz ppl where bagging for skill based MMR and we saw how that turned out.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Why would they stop, they been buffed. Gen rushing will get a whole new sense.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

I don't think many people are gonna quit tbh. I'm still gonna play survivor at least.😂

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Have the devs confirmed the update is next Tuesday?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,227
    Options

Sure, but if you actually go for the save, it'll be more effective- and even if it weren't that's one downside that doesn't offset the positives being brought.

It certainly doesn't make survivor or solo-queue unplayable.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

It's a miracle if survivor que time actually gets shorter than a minute.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I suspect soloq to get BETTER tbh, especially if not so good players leave.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,384
    edited July 2022
    Options

3 survivors on 3 gens 10 seconds more than before, 2 on the last 2 10 seconds more. Less if they get stacked on, which they prob will since there's 3 survivors.

Camping got 20 seconds or less not 50.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

How does an extra 10 seconds per generator translate to more than 50 seconds if two or three survivors do gens at a time? Is only one generator allowed to progress at once?

• Risky_Biscuit
    Risky_Biscuit Member Posts: 95
    Options

I don't think many will actually leave, except the bad ones who relied on crutch perks to win games. I play killer, so things will hopefully be better on our end.

Let's be real here, survivors will just find new combinations to abuse the killer with, now that their easymode perks were finally addressed. Those that refuse to adapt and learn will leave when they realize they can't get easy wins as much as before.

• TheSubstitute
    edited July 2022
    Options

If, after five gens have been completed, the Killer doesn't go after a newly unhooked survivor isn't the Killer purposely not trying to kill any survivors?

I can definitely see, and agree, that Killers can be better off to split pressure quite often when gens are still up but, if a Killer doesn't go after a newly unhooked survivor in the endgame, how are they supposed to get any kills?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    edited July 2022
    Options

A newly rescued survivor wasn't always the most optimal choice because there was the risk of DS. Sometimes, the killer is incentivized to go after the rescuer. Now that incentive is instead shifted to focus on the tunnel. That was my point, you can invent any scenario you want, and people can discuss it ad nauseam. Still, it doesn't change anything about what I stated very plainly, that the killer is now highly incentivized to go after the newly rescued survivor independent of anything else in the match. That wasn't always the case.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

How is the Killer more incentivized to go after the newly unhooked survivor now with a haste buff, guaranteed BT, probably OTR and possibly a DS as well except for in the end game?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

You're not reading. I'm specifically talking about when the five generators are completed. DS and OTR are not at play at 5. The incentive is now greater because the killer is guaranteed not to have to deal with DS. You have someone that is injured, you can down them and pick them up. I'm not confident that 5 seconds of BT and haste is going to accomplish what 12 seconds of BT and 8 seconds of haste doesn't currently achieve. I never said it was the most optimal or would necessarily be successful, but the incentive is certainly there to tunnel.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

Considering I solo q without any of the perks that are getting changed, I think I'll be fine. Sounds like your friends are getting carried by their builds, as opposed to actually being decent at the game.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    Options

Well, I’m not hardcore enough to max out all Killers, So I just have 3 that have all perks. The rest I leveled till I had bbq and some slowdown and just use them sporadically for challenges. Now? Well after this update I should have max perks (tier lll) on all Killers so… my sense of freedom to play any Killer with any build at any time is going to make this worth it alone.

Gunna try and p1 as many survivors as I can and hopefully can do something similar for them. I’ll adjust to BHVR bs like I always do and hopefully that incentive to play one side or the other does abit of flip flopping. I’d like to bounce back and forth and chase the bonus but if it’s hard-stuck on one role then I’ll probably mostly play Killer still. At least until I’m caught up on the grind.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516
    edited July 2022
    Options

Haha, you beat me to it.

Haha, the only time I had to chew nails was the 'dead harding for distance' which happened a lot for some reason.

I am eager for the new patch, plenty of new builds to chase and hoping for the variety.

• BenZ0
    Options

Ofc that is your own opinion, I for my part highly recommend this game. Sure some things may come off as lazy like bug fixes which I can absolutely agree. But many other things have already reached quality levels where other games and companies are just dreaming about. Dbd's graphical appearance and content quality has sky rocketed in the last few years. There is no deny in that and dbd has proven multiple times that they can create from scratch iconic and beloved characters over and over. I think its not that easy to point out BHVR as "lazy", there are many different apartments with big teams working on different and seperated parts of the game. You cannot put them all together in one pot and blame them all at once.

• BenZ0
    edited July 2022
    Options

Did you even read the OP post? I dont see one single word of reason there. If you do then pls enlighten me.