Remove the first auto wiggle that happens when picked up

Options

When you're the last survivor (or other times), you generally don't want wiggle unless you've managed to run to a dead zone. This is the sign that you're cooperating and giving over all the power to the killer in that moment. Yes mostly they're still going to hook you, however, killers enjoy having you on their shoulders and not wiggling is a sign of respect and good way to encourage them to take you to the hatch or the gate. It happens way more often if you do not wiggle in this situation.

However, since they changed the wiggle meter to the skillcheck game, the survivor will now always wiggle when first picked up. This has led to noticeably more times being hooked than previously because it no longer sends the clear message you are pacified and are not trying to escape.

So I'd like to request that this be fixed and reverted to the old 'limp' pickup animation where you the player are given the choice whether to wiggle or not.

Comments

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387
    Options

noticeably as in your experience as in biased and no proof

also killers probably know the first wiggle is not voluntary... at least I am not that stupid. Maybe you just got unlucky. Maybe killers started to sweat more. Maybe something something not related to wiggling for 0.2 seconds.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516
    Options

Haha

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,087
    Options

PLEASE BHVR silence the sounds for missed wiggle skill checks after the first couple of skill checks. When the killer is taking us to hatch/hook, it's so annoying to listen to. We either have to tab out, take out headphones off, or endure the constant pecking at our brains.

• philomela
    philomela Member Posts: 34
    Options

Yes my experience playing for a long time before that change makes it fairly obvious that it has had a negative impact.

There's not really much to say about bias since it affects everyone who is being picked up as the last survivor.

And yes I think in the heat of the moment there's plenty of killers who will still interpret that auto wiggle as the survivor making an attempt to escape, and then just beeline to a hook. Mostly because a lot of them never play survivor so they don't realise it's a thing.