How many Survivors are gonna stop playing after the update next Tuesday?

Options

Comments

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited July 2022
    Options

Oh my bad then, ye in general its a whole different topic that is true. However I do see this often where ppl very very often overreact nor even understand what they are "hating" on.

• BenZ0
    edited July 2022
    Options

I dont play dbd on console, especially not on ps3 or xbox 360, I have no idea how this game looks there and there is a reason why I dont play console, most games are undertuned and ugly there with not even 60 fps so I dont blame you there.

With Iconic I mean Killers like the Nurse are widely known from ppl who dont even play dead by daylight. Same goes to feng min or dwight for example. I dont mean with iconic its known in the whole world, but in the gaming community there are characters that are recognized from dbd.

prestige rewards are a dissapointment I agree but you seem to have a little too much emotions going on and ignore half of the other things. Its not always nice to focus only on the negative things or the things that can be done better.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
    Options

DBD isnt on PS3 or xbox 360 i was just saying...

ok its not hard to "know" who a character is just because its known doesnt make it iconic.

i am not showing emotion?? is this what people think critique is in this community?

and what positive changes?? the "grind reduction" & overall buff to facecamping??

ok but im just being a hater.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    edited July 2022
    Options

So your argument is that, in the end game pre update, when the only chance the Killer has of getting a kill is tunneling or downing someone on death hook, will tunnel more post update now that their only chance of getting a kill is tunneling or downing someone on death hook?

Yeah, that's not a solid argument. Arguing that, despite all the improvements to make it more likely the survivor will make it to end game, somehow makes it even worse overall for survivors is even flimsier.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

The Killer has more incentive to go after a newly rescued survivor that is guaranteed to not have DS. Your argument is based on the wrong assumption that the only way the killer can get a kill at five gens is to tunnel. That isn't true but I don't know your skill level as a killer, so perhaps that might be the case for you. I can't help you any further.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Oh no... a few E players are gonna leave??

Guess they weren't that good after all if they can't cope without their crutch perk.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

I was wondering the same thing like did I miss something where it said only one gen can progress at a time.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

Are you discussing end game or while gens are up? You keep on changing the goal posts in the argument.

This is a quote of my first reply to you. It doesn't appear you read it

• Nicholas
    edited July 2022
    Options

I'm talking about at the five generator completed mark, which is when DS and OTR are deactivated. You're the one conflating and confused. You must be under the impression that those perks are only deactivated during EGC.

I read your post and properly addressed it, I suppose this now comes down to your skill level as a killer. If you think the only way to get kills after five generators are completed is to tunnel and camp, then that is more of a reflection of your ability or inability as a killer.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 893
    Options

I think that no one really knows what they want in this game. Everyone complains about the game being the same, and then when they finally change it? Rip.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

No, I just think the beneficial changes to survivor that will allow survivors to play longer are far more important than losing the ability to DS the Killer and DH out the exit gate. It was, if the Killer thought the survivor had DS and would make it to endgame, usually better to tunnel to avoid the free escape of DS. Endgame should not be an automatic escape but the game is more fun if survivors make it to end game; both of these the update helps with.

By the way, here is your reply where you are not clear about what you're talking about even though I was discussing end game.

Before saying people are confused it's better to actually be clear in your communication. The match is much longer than just the endgame.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

Exactly, I also think solo survivor will be better unless the only reason the survivor is at their MMR was because of Dead Hard.

• BenZ0
    edited July 2022
    Options

"overall buff to facecamping" this alone explains everything about you xD Not trying to shame you or something but you do seem to take most of the stuff here to the extreme or you are just trolling. Either way I am not really interested spending my time trying to explain anything to you.

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063
    Options

The ptb was't very fun so I might take a break for a bit play ED or VHS If it releases and go back to dbd when I miss It

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
    Options

shame on you for not putting up a better argument & now have to resort to childish behaviour.

srsly how old are u??

you putting "XD" explains everything about you.

• Nicholas
    Options

That's your opinion and more assumptions. Does everyone have DS and DH ready during the end game? Does DS automatically teleport you to the exit gate upon rescue? That's the issue, is this assumption that DS and or DH is a guaranteed escape. It isn't!

My point continues to stand, I understand your opinion but it changes nothing.

And on your final point, it was very clear we were talking about the five generators completed mark. It's unnecessary for me to have to repeatedly reiterate that. I don't see any ambiguity but now you understand.

• Maxx_Calin
    Maxx_Calin Member Posts: 86
    Options

Honestly gonna continue playing it after the new update even thou I think it is stupid of them to ruin Iron Will and make it 75% instead of 100%. I'm ok with most of the changes and I love playing the game. Have since I first started playing it a year or 2 ago with friends.

I'm excited for the fact that after the update. Every survivor I own will have the perks on them that I need to level and prestige them as many times as I can. Which means I will be able to play as any survivor in game instead of being able to only play the 4 or 5 that have the perks I need on them.

What I wish the game would do is stop giving a tomboy survivor like Meg a bunch of outfits that are too girly for her to wear and make her look weird when u do put them on her and make more outfits like that for survivors they actually would look good on like Kate.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

That's fine. Your point wasn't factual but an opinion anyway and people don't have ti agree. Just as a side note, it also weakens your argument to make facetious comments that weren't said such as you stating that I must have to camp and tunnel to get kills when I didn't say anything implying that and a review of my posting history will show quite clearly I don't camp or tunnel and think both those practices are unhealthy for the game. Generally, good faith arguments avoid tactics such as those.

In any event, I look forward to the patch which I believe will improve my solo survivor experience. In a month or so, possibly two, it should be possible to see which argument is correct.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

I’m probably going to play survivor more now that regression perks have been nerfed. No more Pain Res/DMS/Ruin is almost as exciting as no more Dead Hard. Almost.

And maybe now I’ll get better teammates that actually know how to play rather than people who are obviously carried by Dead Hard.

• Nicholas
    Options

I never said anything was factual, that's you one again addressing something never raised.

There is no need to obfuscate; that was your point regarding the need to tunnel and camp to get kills. 

Your side note is unnecessary, don't pretend to have virtue. You misunderstood and got confused, then tried to deflect. Anyway, I, too, look forward to the update. 

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

If you or your friends are leaving the game because Behaviour nerfed overpowered and abusable perks like Dead Hard or DS, it´s fine and healthy for game. This update will show who is playing DBD because he/she likesthe game, and who is playing (Or was) just because DBD is/was the only game where they could win without effort, playing SWF with comms and abusing broken meta builds :)

To be honest, I am happy to hear that players like you and your friends are leaving, hope everyone with the same abuser mindset leaves with you next week, this game is gonna be better without this kind of players ^^

Good luck on your next game, and remember, if you learn how to play the next game instead of using the broken meta, It will be better for you, because every meta is going to be nerfed some day and meta slaves are going to suffer the pain of not being carried anymore.

Do you need me to open the door or you can open it by yourself?

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

If you don't like the direction Balance Team decisions are going, you SHOULD quit.

I know I did.

In my case, it was the continual parade of nerfing low-tier killers with no compensating adjustments. Blindly knocking down characters without consideration to how massively unfun (and unsuccessful) they become told me all I needed to know about Balance Team priorities. They don't care if a given killer becomes unplayable. And when I spend money on a character, having that stripped away without warning, justification, or compensation rankles a bit too much to just swallow.

I bother coming back to this forum in the (fading) hope that some day the wildly over-reaching nerfs will be re-assessed and the characters I bought will be restored to a playable incarnation. But you know what? Quitting DbD gave me a chance to play FF14 and it's been fantastic. So, in a sense, I'm grateful for the ham-fisted, inexpert approach they've been taking.

So, go for it. If this is just a step too far, cut the cord. And, if your find the recent changes too tough to swallow, I've got a great alternate game you should try instead.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Legion is going to be very unfun

• Sybarite
    Sybarite Member Posts: 49
    Options

from what it seems maybe 10 to 20% will leave. Killers won't really notice as during peak time for every killer player their is 80 to 90 survivors so even if half leave it won't be a real issue.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Hopefully just the really competitive sore losery ones who are obsessed with the META, those players are never any fun.

Remember you're probably not good enough at the game for the meta to make much of a difference anyway.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022
    Options

Most killers already matching SWF quite a lot, it certainly helps dealing against them and thus their complaint has been heard.

No one really want to stomp soloq anyway because ez 4k against weaks are generally just boring, they just wanted to fight SWF with more fairer manner.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022
    Options

Literally has nothing to do with killer or update lmao, I like it.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

I play exclusively solo survivor and yes you do get crappy teammates but it's not as impossible as alot of people make it out to be. It's defined way less stressful then playing killer.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

I doubt there will be much of a difference in playerbase tbh.

Yeah there's a few people who will probably leave because they think solos or survivor in general will be worse. But these are generally also the ones that heavily relied on the meta every single match to carry them through and they don't want to adapt or develop the skills necessary to be decent without them. And/or they think that camping is going to get worse, also generally the ones that think camping and tunneling happen every single game.

When in actuality, genuine and intentional camping really only happen in maybe 1 out of 10 matches. There's maybe 10% if not less of my survivors matches where I actually feel like the killer was playing unfairly or intentionally camping or tunneling.

90% of the time frustrations come with from my teammates, and are usually due to poor macro knowledge or knowledge of the game in general.

I think the few that do leave will probably be offset by the returning players. But most survivors probably won't leave, because the reason why they play the game is still there.

I do agree though that they shouldn't have waited years to mix up the meta. Hopefully going forward it'll be much more consistent with meta changes coming every 6 months to a year like a lot of games do.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440
    Options

Poor survivor main misses his E so much, he's literally quitting.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

If that's what ends up happening then follow up changes will come soon enough

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200
    Options

steamdb and killer queue times will tell us how the update went, i wont play it but im interested to see the reaction

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

I think the meta change was necessary, but some of the killer perk buffs were unnecessary, namely Thana.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I am looking FORWARD to this update.

Anyone quitting is just sad they are losing their precious Dead Hard / Iron Will that has been carrying them for half a decade.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

Potato survivors still being potatoes no Matter what. If 4 potatoes plays a SWF, fine, easy Game for me, killing potato squads is omega fun.

SoloQ is a Nightmare because average survivor level is ultra low, not because the killer. If your team mates decides to walk for the map opening chest while a Bubba is Facecamping you, that is not SoloQ problem, is survivors skill level being average.

I try to reach Rank 1 every month on both sides, so I try to level Up both sides at the same time. Ash 3 surv, then killer and then surv.... I play soloQ always and is not that bad as you say.

You only use soloQ as an excuse to make SWF Bully squads and try to destroy Killers, until Nurse shows Up and smash you xD

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options

...Genuine question, what does any of that have to do with this patch? Nothing in those games you outlined is being affected by this upcoming patch, except for that Dead Man's Switch can't be paired with Pain Res anymore so you'll probably see it less, which is an improvement.

I certainly agree solo queue has its unique frustrations, but those frustrations just aren't affected by this upcoming patch either way, with one exception - you are getting the improvements of not needing to rely on teammates for safe unhooks and a few nice perk buffs to play around with. So, the downsides are largely unaffected, and you are getting some improvements in other areas... that sounds like a good thing to me.

Sure, Thana Legion/Plague is gonna be annoying, but... it's only 2% and Thana Legion/Plague is already annoying, I don't really think that's the biggest deal- the patch is still overall very good for both sides.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

Oh yes, that extra 1.8 seconds on a generator when all survivors are injured. Such an overwhelming buff. Especially with survivor healing being as plentiful and fast as it is.

The Pain Resonance/Dead Man Switch Combo is gone.

Pain Resonance will no longer give away which generator has the most progress or if survivors were working on it.

Pop Goes the Weasel is gone.

Corrupt Intervention deactivates as soon as someone is downed.

The buff that Overcharge got was destroyed to the point of making the perk worthless.

But please, go on about all of these unnecessary killer buffs.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

The point was to change the meta. Killers meta relies on slowdown perks. They nerfed a couple - good. Why did they overly buff others? There was no point buffing thana, eruption, overcharge or gift of pain at all. DMS and Deadlock, two of the strongest slowdowns, untouched. Killers meta will still be 4 slowdowns, just different ones

So yes, unnecessary buffs will get called out, especially in such a patch that really foreshadows a lot more camping and tunneling (since they're explicitly being buffed with every single change)

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 405
    Options

I never played with the meta. I don't see any reason to stop

If people wants to leave the game because of that, please do, we dont need them

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options
  • Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

No you're kind of wrong everywhere here.

Eruption requires you to be constantly moving around the map kicking multiple generators to get a benefit out of it. That's preferential to camping, is it not?

The "buff" to Thanataphobia is so insignificant its pointless.

Overcharge was only buffed on the PTR, The condition its going to be in next week on live is going to make it a dead perk. It will only be used if someone is going to dedicate their selves to kicking generators as a build and they combine it with Call of Brine, but just tapping the generator stops that. It's not instant regression. It's 1 charge every 2 seconds and speeds up to just 1 charge per second after 30 seconds.

Gift of Pain is a Scourge Hook Perk. It should be strong because it requires a Scourge Hook, and that's not always a certainty. Not to mention that now people using Saboteur can SEE Scourge Hooks so Scourge Hooks are easy to priority sabotage now.

There's nothing wrong with Deadlock. It literally protects the progress of the next most progressed generator for a time letting survivors build up progress on another one and then when it's duration is over you've got two generators close to being done and you're in a better position.

You say camping and tunneling has been buffed with "Every single change" but that's not true. Everyone will be using Off The Record now not to mention getting a speed buff off of the hook, and if people start using Sprint Burst instead of Dead Hard that just means more Sprint Bursts away from hooks.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Dead Man's Switch. Outside of The Artist the killer is actually going to have to push you off the generator to use it, so you can't really complain about DMS being used and camping at the same time because there's only one killer who can do that and there's an audio cue for when she's going to try.