Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How many Survivors are gonna stop playing after the update next Tuesday?

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Yes, they do, but the most effective ones were nerfed and the remaining ones mostly require the killer to be active and spreading pressure. That's a good thing.

Yep, players won't play optimally. That's both not a thing that balance can fix, and a thing that will not get worse in this upcoming patch; it's just the risk you accept when you queue up with random teammates in any game.

This one is just straight up wrong, you need more stacks of STBFL than that before it'll make an appreciable difference- Demo is also an outlier since it's the best user of STBFL by far.

OTR is a far better replacement for DS. Rather than waiting for you to get downed, you get the speed boost to get away from the killer after you're hit, enabling you to start making a play- the entire function of anti-tunnel. How is that not better than DS? Not to mention the longer timer in addition to the better effect. Still, what I want to highlight is where you said earlier that "you expect DS to be the meta perk". Well, don't? Look at your other, new, improved options? That's the whole point of this update, you've got new toys now.

Callout/Ping would be... probably not great. I'd prefer passive information that doesn't require random teammates to press buttons, but that's mostly irrelevant because this is not something that makes the game worse, it's the absence of something that'd make it better. There's a giant difference between those two things.

• NightmareKT
    NightmareKT Member Posts: 228

The ones leaving dbd after the update are the survivor mains hwo love to win... Knowing that they have to put in more effort and winning not being as easy as before makes them cry cause they can't tbag killers or macro flashlights anymore

• Hansenni
    Hansenni Member Posts: 1

They didn't plan on nerfing one group specifically, the whole point of the update is to shake up the meta and create an environment, where survivor and killer can try out new perk builds, without immediately having to fear to throw a game, just because they didn't bring the best 4 perks in the game. And it is not skill, if you need the same 4 perks to win. And truly skilled players, are able to outrun an killer for quite some time. This way many players can experience new aspects of the game, which they till now didn't, because they just used 4 meta perks every game from the start to now. I see this update as an opportunity to discover new fun perk builds. But for most survivors it seems like change = bad. While as killer you are used to adepting to new situations, since every new chapter brings a new character with unique abilities and new perk build needs. And now for the first time in many years survivors get as well the chance to learn new skills and adept to new perks.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I agree. There are a lot of people at their current MMR bracket because their perks for Survivors and, for Killers, camping and tunneling and/or NOED put them there.

Since a lot of people (understandably) don't think about the long term effect of game mechanics there'll be a lot of people affected. I only played meta perks as Survivor when I hit Iri grade to help with pipping and then removed all meta perks but DS once I hit Iri One and I don't camp or tunnel as a Killer.

Why? It's more fun if I don't and I settled at an MMR where I don't need meta perks or camping or tunneling. When I used meta perks my games got tons easier but I removed them as soon as I hit Iri One and suffered losses so I didn't require them in the future.

Looking at the whole picture helps but some people don't due to their bias. We've seen arguments that BHVR is killer sided to survivor sided to you need to camp and tunnel to win to no, you don't and even to such lengths as attempting to claim that multiple hooks are feasible after all gens are done and the only thing left for the survivors is open an exit gate and walk out. All of these incompatible positions are claimed by someone at the exact same time.

Players can't change game mechanics and can only adapt to them. I know it'll be rough for some but I think if people stick around, try to adapt, and don't feed into their biases but rather try to figure out how to adapt they'll have a more enjoyable time playing in the long term.

• MaudetteClorel
    MaudetteClorel Member Posts: 83

Thank you for getting my point. That's why I don't use NOED or play insidious bubba when I play killer. And in my experience, if you do get your 3k/4k that way, you're going to suffer in higher MMR because you got to that point not because of efficient gameplay or fast chases/winning mindgames, but because the game THINKS that if you had 3k/4k games, you must be skilled and good at the game. That's the sad reality of how MMR is working.

Same goes for survivors. I used to play in a SWF every single day for multiple hours and my MMR skyrocketed. So logically when I started playing solo Q again, the killers were the sweatiest of their kind (we're talking range/recharge nurses and blights with alchemist ring who play comp and probably never touched grass in their life JK) and I started losing every game. Because I was the "boosted" survivor and my MMR was only this high because someone else in my SWF did the looping while I was doing gens. But the only thing that matters is - I escaped via exit gate, so +mmr.

As long as the "winning" condition in the game doesn't get changed, there will always be "boosted" survivors, "boosted" killers or "carried by NOED killers" or whatever you wanna call it.

But I appreciate BHVR taking a step towards balancing the game in the next patch. Maybe in the future all the factors that truly represent skill in this game will also be included in the MMR system so it can be more accurate.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

I already haven't been playing lately but I may not play for a good while after the update, unless I play killer, which seems to be the role to play. Once again, Solo Q is put on the back burner. So, either I don't play at all, or I will play the killer.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Survivors just mad crutches got limited

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

The only thing I'm not looking forward to are forever Legion matches. The matches right now already take an eternity and with buffed thana, longer gen times, and other buffed gen regression perks, these upcoming matches are going to be even more miserable for me.

• designator
    designator Member Posts: 124

Which perk is a crutch?

DS the only perk that prevents the killers from tunneling someone out in 30 seconds?

Iron will which just made your injured survivor quiet and allowed you to mind game during chases (which takes significant skill)?

Spine chill which just told you the killer was looking at you?

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244

My thoughts are They have done this in past not as harsh but it's to make room for new meta perks so people buy stuff new Killers new survivors or maybe they want us to play the dating game lol.

There will always be something new and better if they wanna keep making money and keep the game going on for more years.

With the game being at an all time low playerbase it's time for some big changes and they can risk it this time.

I highly Doubt AOT will do anything for this game btw.

I don't see the point of quitting however I tend not quit things I enjoy as the rage quit seems like people think they won't win as much or something and of things yet to be seen.

It will always be a great game for me as I grew up watching most of these killers and the OG killers are great

The game has a charm and certain goofiness I can not explain.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I will try how it workes, and if it doesn´t work well, i might return to playing swf, as a first step, then see how that works out.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

Remove unhook grabs, increase time on hook to 80, add spectating other survivors while on hook, add a secondary objective to gens, like gathering parts. There you go, fixed the game, that'll be one yearly salary please.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Surviors will be fine they've got swf and still many good perks. Solo players may not enjoy it but they haven't enjoyed dbd in years.

• Deme
    Deme Member Posts: 59

i can really taste the tears in some of these comments

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

If the update makes the game harder to play and enjoy for survivors than it already is, I would guess quite a few.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

as a survivor main i'm really excited tbh, finally something new and i love not feeling forced to use DH! i'm a bit sad about iron will tho

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Well at least there won't be awful counter of "tap out of generator because killer picked survivor up" anymore.

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    edited July 2022

You still won't have a realistic chance against strong 4 man swfs who will teabag you and use flashy macros.

They/we are the top percentage of the player base and are supposed to win by game design due to huge experience, avoiding mistakes and almost perfect coordination.

But at least you can bully 90% of the clueless survivors who don't know how to play the game, run into killer, go down in 10 seconds and are insanely inefficient on everything they do.

That should be a good compensation for all the tears you cry when you actually face a decent team and not a bunch of victims.

Post edited by Sweet_Potato on
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

"we are the top percentage of the player base and are supposed to win by game design due to huge experience, avoiding mistakes and almost perfect coordination."

I'm sorry but even for the forums this is a new level of entitlement and self-aggrandising nonsense. In any case I doubt 10 seconds extra gen time will do anything to discourage a god gamer like yourself.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Personally I am fine with changes, most were needed as I once thought.

I am just worried BHVR won't react and fix fast enough when possible balance problems happen and get worse with upcoming patch.

Like soloQ, bad matchmking and more.

I just hope there were more big changes coming in the future.

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    edited July 2022

Post edited by Sweet_Potato on
  • tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268

Nice shorter survivor q times.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

I'm honestly surprised that I still play this game before the update.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

yes good killers can already 4k consistently, I don't know how they validated update after PTB killers are getting way too many buffs at the same time, they could just nerf dead hard and see if kill rates increase instead of completely ruining solo Q, everything else is so overkill i don't get it, and buffing bloodlust on top of it..

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164

Many talk about people who will leave after this update, but what about those who will come back ?

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

People are already not coming back. This is a hail-mary patch, to try and save the game. I think what we're witnessing is an spectacular implosion of the entire game when this patch hits Tuesday.

• Rise432
    Rise432 Member Posts: 162

Steam almost peaks near 100K players per month alone, in 2016-2019 the game barely peaked at 50K. Its safe to say the game is not gonna die any time soon

• spliffysands
    spliffysands Member Posts: 52

We still don't have an officially confirmed release date, right?!

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

A lot.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Such a pathetic excuse to quite the game over one perk that has almost no counterplay.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,595

It had, except for distance. But it was downright cruel for M1 killers and so it needed to be fixed.

The new version will not be as bad but may still be ridiculous. (Although maybe for other reasons. 🤣)

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
  • drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,595

True. That one may lead to a massacre, as demonstrated by CoconutRTS.

• Catastrophe
    Catastrophe Member Posts: 86

I'll try a bit to see. But I guess survivors will have more unfun games with camping and tunneling buff. If the bp after match worths the pain, maybe I'll stick to it. If not, I'll try killers or stop playing for a while.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

In the last 4 years, there have been plenty more killer buffs and survivor nerfs then the other way around. Not sure if you're trolling or not, to be honest.

• malloymk

Disagree. I die in most of my games. Now I'll die in more of my games. And truthfully, that's kind of discouraging. But what's really lame, is that camping has been made easier and more rewarding. I can live with dying in a video game, but just sitting on a hook getting camped. It's already prevalent right now. It's going to be worse at the patch.

• Gindaen

That's the funny thing. Killers on average win more often than lose, just by DBD developers design alone which wants kill rates above 50%, yet it's always the "skill-less survivors" who are complaining. When in fact, it requires more skill to win as survivor than it does as killer, just by DBD developer design.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    edited July 2022

like everyone else has said, solo queue is gonna be painful. so im done playing survivor unless im playing with friends. 5 second BT and haste will do nothing, and with DS and OTR getting nerfed tunneling and camping is gonna skyrocket.

since theyre also making killer very easy (which, i never struggled when i played killer) it makes that boring too. So ill probably be done with killer after this patch as well. Bloodlust is a terrible bandaid fix to terrible RNG, which makes bad pallets even worse and it should NOT be in the game- they should just add a mechanic that will stop strong tiles from spawning together, so they can actually balance maps around fun loops & remove/rework bloodlust. And, along with their recent killer releases- theyre all fundementally just a copy and paste (aside from Sadako and Dredge) and have felt VERY uninspired and rushed.

plus the "meta rework" does nothing and didnt even change the meta. killers will still stack slowdowns (which imo the slowdown meta even got buffed) and survivors will use any iteration of a second chance perk that they can.

and finally, the devs have genuinely pushed to make the game as mind numbingly boring as possible. Map design is terrible and most new maps have unmindgamable main buildings/pallets, reworked maps have too many deadzones, breakable walls (which completely double backed on the mid chapter that fixed annoying god windows in old structures), most killers are chase dominant which push unmindgamable lose-lose scenarios for survivors and results in the very fun "predrop and W key" meta, perk design is attrocious (the best perks are passive slowdowns for no effort as killer and "press a button to outplay" perks for survivor, while the rest are garbage) and survivor mechanics are just... boring. the most fun part of the game is the chases, so why are they nerfing them?

oh, and this game doesnt even have any type of grind reward. you get nothing for the time you put in, and cant show off what character you like the most (aside from a mediocre prestige icon). there needs to be more exclusive rewards for playing the game for a long time, and its mind boggling that the devs are so scared to implement ANY reward for playing the game (like, getting to prestige 100 should give you a full exclusive outfit for the character, and devotion needs to actually do something).

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Dooooooooom!

*waves finger at crowd*

Dooooooooom!

My Solo games weren't too hard on the PTB (used mostly meme perks + SC/BK)

Corrupt Intervention being nerfed/action starting sooner/weaker Ruin is enough to keep me playing Solo.

The patch doesn't really impact the strength of either role but....

DOOOOOOOM!

• Gindaen

PTB is for finding major bugs. PTB is absolutely worthless to determine any type of balance because there's no MMR.

So saying games are easy on PTB is worthless also.

• malloymk

To be fair, what can you really tell during the PTB anyway. Matchmaking is always weird on the PTB. Half the players don't really play the way they would normally play a game. I'm not saying you can't learn anything from it, but I don't think playing a few PTB games can really give you much of a read on things.