Next patch's prestige level question

Grison
Grison Member Posts: 11

Hi,

I just read the updated patch notes and I have a question because I don't know if I understand correctly.

One level of prestige now, will unlock all level 3 perks after patch?

I have most characters at level 50 and will lose over 200 cakes, not to mention items, so I'd like to be sure. But unlocking all skills is worth it, is it?

It just shows how stupid the current system is. :/

Does anyone know when exactly this patch will be?

Comments

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

They have not gave the definitive date.

Far as I saw, at minimum you get +2 free prestige level per current rank.

So. (P1)1 + extra 2 for being P1=P3 after update.

(P2) 2 + 4=P6

(P3) 3+6=P9

———

Then you get more free Prestige levels based on the number of perks you have. Someone else will probably post the chart. They say you can get P3 still without actually prestiging now if you got most perks I think. So you could possibly keep your items and still p3. If you have any lvl 50 with few perks, I’d go ahead and P1 those.

I chose to P1 everyone, I only earned cakes on my Killers who were p3 already.

Worth? I’m going to be pretty happy having all perks on all my Killers at max tier. I might even find more builds/Killers to enjoy without the horrendous grind only to find I didn’t like it at all.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,685

There is a catch-up system in place for the new progress system that is not just tied to the prestige level, but also to the amount of perk tiers you have unlocked already:

This is from the PTB patchnotes, the Developer Updated added this:

So you can check if your characters will reach P3 with this system and unlock every tier 3 perks on every other Survivor/Killer.

Regarding the release date, there is currently no official announcement.

• Omputin
    Omputin Member Posts: 142

Do characters also keep their level when the catch-up prestiges are applied? Going for P0 lvl 50 to P3 lvl 50 for example or are they gonna reset to level 1 (P3 lvl 1)?

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220

Yes, they keep their level. At least they did in the PTB

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

I believe that the character level should be kept, it's something that I'm double checking on though.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Basically, 120+ perks might be enough here. I bet, all those characters are on lvl50. 120+ perk tiers will make them p2 lvl 50. Which is, in fact, p3. 20k tax might be better than grind for additional tiers to achieve 170.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212

Very good point and one I'll be taking advantage of tonight when I check through my survivors again!

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

In an earlier thread, Mandy Talk said that the new catch-up mechanic does not take into account the number of perks, but basically only prestige level 9. Which is the correct answer?

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/334141

• hastarkis

It DOES take perks into account. But the max prestige you are able to get is 9 now (instead of 12). So if you have P3, your perks just don't matter - you'll get P9 anyway.

But if you have P1 or P2, you are able to get P9 if you have enough perk tiers. And in case of P0 you are able to get up to 6(?) prestiges only with perk tiers.

• Grison
    Grison Member Posts: 11

Well, I don't. I leveled characters to 50 to be able to play with them at all. I only have two with prestige and most of the perks..

I counted, I will lose exactly 605 cakes to the killers and 295 cakes to the survivors. Everything collected from leveling up to level 50 during the three anniversaries. :( PAINFUL!

Thanks to everyone for the answers.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited July 2022

It's kinda weird that according to the new system, the only Killer of mine who would gain any prestige levels is the Pig, and she'd only gain two according to the UPDATED system. This is despite the fact that outside of leveling up other Killers for perks she is basically the only Killer I've played since launch. Guess only playing one Killer is not enough to show that you are devoted to that specific Killer, huh?

• Babalonkie
    Babalonkie Member Posts: 153

It says you get 2 additional prestige's for each prestige you already own... i take it if you never saw a point in prestiging you do not benefit from this system and only benefit from the "perk catch up" system!?

Never bothered with prestige as i thought it was worthless, just kept everyone on 50... still do lol, if the new system was not compulsory/forced i still would not do it, same with adepts, got only one in 6 years with everyone unlocked and that one was by accident.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

And what if somebody has P3 Level 50 all perks all characters (I dont) but genuinely curious.

• fcb
    fcb Member Posts: 158

do you get +2 if you are prestige 0?

P1 + 2 = P3

P0 + 2 = P2 ¿?

• hastarkis

It says you get 2 additional prestige's for each prestige you already own... And you don't have one.

P1*2 = 2. So you'll get 2 additional prestiges and will end on 1+2=3.

P2*2 = 4 So 4 additional prestiges and you will end on 2+4=6

And P0*2=0. No prestiges for you, unless you have enough perk tiers.