Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I wish killers had gotten corrupt base kit

Elik
Elik Member Posts: 119
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Is it too much?

Blocking the furthest 3 gens until a survivor is downed as a base kit ability.

Then my idea for new corrupt would've been blocks the last 3 gens for maybe 20-something seconds

I know that a killer could then not down anyone the whole match and stop the whole game bc there arent enough gens on the map so maybe make it a timer + the down thing to deactivate it

Again, is it too much?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Risky_Biscuit
    Risky_Biscuit Member Posts: 95

Corrupt should have just become base kit like Borrowed time did. It was already just an ok-ish perk that didn't really impact things that much. Yeah, it blocks 3 gens but that was all it did. Then once the timer ran out, you're down to 3 perks. Personally, I thought it should have been buffed a little bit, to where after the initial effects end, it would block the generator with the most progress for a brief time, and keep doing this for every time a gen got finished.

The nerf was completely unnecessary. It was already fine and needed a buff if anything, especially since it's on a timer and stops working after that timer ends.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

Survivors would whine as always, every killer buff is a excuse to whine

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2022

It could be a modified version like the basekit BT will be. Something like blocking the generators closest to the survivors for 45 seconds. It would prevent survivors from 3 or 4 man rushing a gen before the killer can even make it to the gen, 45 seconds wouldn't be oppressive by any means, and it could give the killer a rough idea of what area they need to go toward to find survivors.

Running CI could modify this effect to last longer or until first down, maybe even change it back to being the 3 farthest from the killer or make it so the killer doesn't know which gens are blocked unless they bring CI. Or it could be completely reworked.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Why would they?

It's not like every killer needs this.

If there is an issue with map design, and gen placement, they should focus on giving every killer some type of mobility ability.

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

If every killer was at the same level in terms of power and mobility, they could actually balance the rest of the game including maps. I've been saying this for ages.

I think Trapper needs a mini bike to ride on.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

This could be a way to dynamically adjust game balance for different killers.

A variable that blocks all generators for x seconds at the start of the game, based on the early-game mobility of the killer. Similar in concept to things like movement speed and terror radius, as a tool for keeping strong killers in check.

Top mobility: Nurse, Blight, Billy, Spirit = 5s

Good mobility: Freddy, Dredge, Sadako, Wraith, Legion = 10s

Moderate Mobility / Powerful at range: Huntress, Artist, Plague, Twins, Nemesis, Pinhead, Doctor = 15s

Poor mobility: everyone else = 20s

I wouldn't include Oni, Demo and Hag in the power category because they require set up time, and are the ones that really benefit from corrupt in the first place. meanwhile I did include Doctor because his power allows him to locate survivors very early, and pressure them off gens early too.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Yep. We know this.

Which is why I think some of the changes for killer are kind of absurd. They still don’t reach near where certain (not all) M1 killers should be, while directly overturning killers like Nurse/Blight.

I’ve always suggested to re-evaluate each killer individually and to give them a universal “travel” power. Think of something like the entity opening a rift/portal in the middle of the map or it’s vicinity. Could be something that could be on cooldown. This would help alleviate some of those hurdles that M1 killers often come across where it is not costing them too much pressure time when they hook someone opposite of the most recent generator being worked on.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Because there are killers like Hag in the game that can be hurt by Corrupt rather than helped. It has to benefit all killers, like the upcoming basekit changes.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

Haha, let's run 5 slowdown perks.

The dead hard nerf will change games completely, I don't think there will be as much of a problem creating pressure now. Excited for it.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

I think the issue with a basekit corrupt is that corrupt intervention benefits killers unevenly but finding the midpoint between which killers do and don't need it would come down to splitting hairs.

Like I think people would be aghast if Nurse & Blight got their basekit corrupt, but no-one would blink if Trapper did. But what about Hag? She's high tier but arguably needs the setup time. That setup time being assured could make her significantly more powerful.

Also, unlike all of the changes that we're about to get that improve killers in chase, a basekit corrupt would be a kind of passive addition that doesn't really make the main killer experience that much more exciting.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

Naw let him Jason-teleport between the unoccupied & unbroken hooks. Makes a lil sense in his case.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Corrupt Intervention is overrated. Lethal Pursuer is where it's at for early game snowballing.

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

imo Corrupt Intervention is just a bandaid. Problems that CI fixes:

• a way too large map
    • all 4 survivors spawning in different corners leading to 3 gens done in 80/90 seconds
    • gen speed being too fast

what corrupt intervention does:

• the map size gets artificially reduced because there is nothing to do on half of the map for survivors
    • since survivors spawn far away from the killer, the gens they d normally do are blocked. this makes it so they have to travel a bit in order to do a gen. also since only 4 gens exist the chances are way higher that they are working on a gen together which is mathematically less efficient than soloing gens
    • forcing survivors to walk a bit makes it so they dont do gens

my solution is not a CI, but forcing all 4 survivors to spawn together in every match. Sure they might finish a gen in 20 seconds but that is 1 gen as opposed to 3. also that way Hex spawns could be changed, after the survivors did that gen they need to spread out/before doing the gen they need to spread out wasting time, finding one survivor and chasing them also pressures 3 others.

survivor should just spawn together as a team.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Base kit for 1 minute, perk extends it to 2 maybe.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

With the terrible change, it might as well had been basekit

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

I'll agree to the mini bike on one condition, there's a little wagon attached to the back, one of those wagons that almost everyone had as a kid, and the Survivor gets carried in the wagon instead of on Trapper's shoulder

• theTARNavsky
    theTARNavsky Member Posts: 152

I'm a survivor main and I actually agree with it. Moreover, I thought the basekit changes would include the following:

• corrupt
    • ruin
    • bt
    • ds

Sadly only one of them was chosen, but I feel like those could make an interesting change to the gameplay.