I don't get why they have to nerf Spine chill

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,589

Their nerfing it because it gives to much information on the killer is what I hear...How or is it because you can play jump scare Myers anymore because a survivor has Spine chill. I like the perk mainly for the fact I now can deal with Wraiths and all that now it only works if the killer has direct sight of you. I know how to make the perk better let's also remove the speed you get on repairing and healing that barely changes anything. Spine chill is fine as is the speed boost never made it over powered plus the killer looks at me it activates it doesn't prevent them from chasing me or not downing me while I'm exposed. I have no idea why people complain about the perk even then some perks that people complain about get nerfed all the time I complain about Dead hard i never say it needs a nerf I just say I hate how I can hit someone but it doesn't count because they used the perk. Spine chill is fine the way it is.

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,117
    Options

Because kill rate it lower than what the devs want and a bing of stealth killers whined about it because they wanted to have an easier time pulling people off of gens.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,955
    Options

I think I'm confused about its changes. Everyone saying it no longer counters stealth killers, but two main stealth killers - Myers and GF - get their powers when in line of sight from survivors. So if Spine Chill now activates on line of sight, doesn't it tell people when they're being stalked?

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Myers main strength is not the stalk, if you only go for EW3 downs you are bound to lose the match, his main strength is having a 8 meter TR with M&A, once you start hearing it he is 1,8 seconds away of getting a hit which he almost universally gets.

EW3 is a very important part of his basekit but the reduced TR is also a powerhouse to contend with if you know how to use it, thats what Spine Chill really counters on Myers, stalking is better done at low wall loops or after a pallet drop since you are at minimum range and maximum stalk efficiency.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    Options

yes, but how many people will take a perk that is good against two Killers in the Game?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,955
    Options

Cheers. I don't use Spine Chill and honestly couldn't remember the last time I had a jump scare Myers. Most just stand at a distance and i see them and run, or I hear them breathing when close by. Probably just the MMR level I'm at? A higher MMR Myers probably plays more efficiently

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

There's several perks that deserved their nerf less than SC. I still hope that a new vaulting speed perk is coming.

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92
    Options

Spoken like someone who has never been a stealth killer trying to get some value to their power, only to watch the survivor leave the gen 30 meters away and run to a safe area.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,239
    Options

I do think the equal to Spine chill is Premonition. They could change with cool down and buff to make both has its own use.

Premonition:

• If not in chase + look at Killer's direction: perk activated for 3sec.
    • While perk activated, you dont leave scratch mark.
    • After that, the perk has 45sec cool down.

Spine chill:

• If not in chase + Killer look at you: perk activated for 3sec.
    • While perk activated, your action is 6% faster.
    • After that, the perk has 45sec cool down.

Both perk should not work on Undetectable.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

The problem with Spine Chill is that it prevents stealth killers from using their power. The action speed bonus nobody cares about. The vault speed bonus is a biggie. The counterplay to spine chill is to avoid looking at the gen/survivor.

Can't count the number of times I've approached a gen as Ghostface only to watch the survivors sprint burst away.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Another problem is that you can't reliably tell who, if anyone, has it.

Maybe the Survivor running away has Spine Chill. Maybe someone else saw you and told them on voice chat you are coming.

If you could somehow tell if someone has it then moonwalking is good counterplay. But that would require some new kind of mechanic that reveals perks. It's just easier to go through with the rework / update.

🦆🦂

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options

Current Spine Chill just hard counters GF and Myers while also it soft counters all other stealth killers and stealth perks. I had a match as GF in RPD and i couldn't find one Claudette the whole match. After i killed 3rd player she tbaged me at gate and escaped. She had Spine Chill and knew all the time when i was sneaking up to her.

Spine Chill deserved nerf but not in a way bhvr did it. It shouldn't trigger when undetectable killer is looking in your direction and thats it.

Spine chill after this change would still be a good perk since current speed boost it gives can come handy in hard situations.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,635
    edited July 2022
    Options

Unpopular opinion: vault speed build was stupid and I’m glad it’s gone.

But beyond that, yes, it needed to be changed because it was too effective against stealth killers.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Same reason they butchered the part of BBQ that did not influence the meta whatsoever. Just because people used it.

• TheUnknown
    TheUnknown Member Posts: 16
    Options

Bro, you could be playing against a Ghost Face/Myers/Wraith/Pig and they would never catch you off guard because of the perk alerting you they are near and looking at your direction even through walls. It also gave the vaulting speed to the survivor which further weakened these same killers, now it doesn't.

Tbh I thought I would see so many more people complaining about the nerfs to Dead Hard and Ruin, yet most people seem chill about it but complain about the non meta perks

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Imagine being a serial killer and needing to act so shy and scared of survivors that you cant establish eye contact lol Spine Chill made killers feel like a joke.

I'm all for strong perks, but not ones that emasculate the power role

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,227
    Options

Too powerful against stealth killers.

This is a change I could accept, and I don't say that very often.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,235
    Options

Stealth killers.