The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does This Make Me A Bad Killer

e8Lattice
e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

. . . I could never do this:

edit censored, somebody doesn't have a sense of humor

I'm just too helpy to be that mean. lawl

I often find myself feeling bad in all sorts of situations as killer. I guess the class just isn't cut out for some personality types?

edited for more content

Above: ^

• 1 Survivor disconnected because of toxic behavior from killer (pretty much the norm these days)
  • 2 Survivors dead because of /easymode killer
  • 4th Survivor (me) dead because see first 2 points - 4 Gens done, 1 Gen remains, hooked right above exit gate which was about to open because /Killer has no friends and needs to take it out on someone.

Aww . . .It's actually quite sad when you think of it like that, we should all feel sorry for said killer.

Post edited by e8Lattice on

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I can't see what the Killer did before the hooking, but i this is all i can go on, i can say i'm way better at being an evil Killer.
    Very rarely do i get the hatch near the downed Survivor, but when i do, i keep them on my shoulder for 10-12 seconds, letting them wiggle, giving them hope, then i hook them.

Hey, i was instructed by the Entity to let i feed on their hope.
    What more hope can i create in that situation than making it look like i'll let them live?

• e8Lattice

@Boss said:
    I can't see what the Killer did before the hooking, but i this is all i can go on, i can say i'm way better at being an evil Killer.
    Very rarely do i get the hatch near the downed Survivor, but when i do, i keep them on my shoulder for 10-12 seconds, letting them wiggle, giving them hope, then i hook them.

What more hope can i create in that situation than making it look like i'll let them live?

I just know how hard survivors have it so when I do play killer I remember and feel bad. I therefore try hold back as much as possible by:

• Not going after people I've already hit / hooked in favor of others I haven't
    • Keeping track of how many times I've hooked someone / how much "hook health" they have left so as to not take them out of the game.
    • Leaving hooked survivors so they can be rescued and chased again unless I find another survivor that hasn't been hooked / hit in which case I go after them letting the other go.

I seem to get more enjoyment from the chase than the actual kill which just makes me feel bad.

There are so many ways to make the game enjoyable for everyone, I don't know I like that feel good feeling you get from making it a good game rather than a bitter miserable ordeal.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@e8Lattice said:

@Boss said:

I just know how hard survivors have it so when I do play killer I remember and feel bad. I therefore try hold back as much as possible by:

• Not going after people I've already hit / hooked in favor of others I haven't
    • Keeping track of how many times I've hooked someone / how much "hook health" they have left so as to not take them out of the game.
    • Leaving hooked survivors so they can be rescued and chased again unless I find another survivor that hasn't been hooked / hit in which case I go after them letting the other go.

I seem to get more enjoyment from the chase than the actual kill which just makes me feel bad.

There are so many ways to make the game enjoyable for everyone, I don't know I like that feel good feeling you get from making it a good game rather than a bitter miserable ordeal.

I actually always do point #1 & #3.
    Not consciously, i've simply molded my tactic to what i find most enjoyable.
    I don't keep track of the amount of hooks for instance, it has no influence on my enjoyment, which is what my brain cares about.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    Well I once cornered someone at the hatch and looked up until they were killed by a reverse bear trap.
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Everyone can play the game wherever they like. Just don't let salty survivors shame you, have fun.

My playstile for example is: SHOW NO MERCY! KILL THEM ALL! MAKE THEM SUFFER! 
  • Punkrocktiger
    Punkrocktiger Member Posts: 2
    I do the same things, 9 times out of 10 (unless I'm in a really bad mood from previous games) if someone disconnects at the beginning of the game, I'll make sure not to completely kill anyone, just chase them around and wound them after they've been hooked twice. I even made a new friend last night because I used an ebony mori as the hillbilly, but two people disconnected so I just zoomed around the map until the remaining two escaped.
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

One time I hooked the last survivor and the hatch appeared mid animation right next to the hook, I was like "Oh...sorry man"

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    I used to be like you. However after few hours of killer play I usually don’t feel the same. I just go burn them all mode in fact. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@e8Lattice said:
    . . . I could never do this:

I'm just too helpy to be that mean. lawl

I often find myself feeling bad in all sorts of situations as killer. I guess the class just isn't cut out for some personality types?

The entitiy would fire you if she finds out about you giving hatch to survivors, just fyi :smile:

• Dr_Purple07
    Dr_Purple07 Member Posts: 3

The entitiy would fire you if she finds out about you giving hatch to survivors, just fyi

The entity is without a gender, even though I am aware of what the wiki says about a possible female gender
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Getting 4Ks is now seen as bad behaviour...? People just dont know what to complain about...
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    No such thing as a good killer, or a bad killer. 
    You either find some enjoyment, or you don't.

No one can tell you how to play but you.
  • e8Lattice
    edited February 2019

Post edited by e8Lattice on
  • leafreak
    leafreak Member Posts: 6
    As a killer you must not show mercy 

Im survivor btw