So, i had all characters level 40...

I had them all at 40 with the teachables unlocked or at a lower level but with the teachables(the good ones) already unlocked. I could get their perks at tier 3 with any character that i wished, just had to invest blodpoints on that single character.

Now i got them all with the teachables unlocked at tier 1 for everyone, instead of tier 3.

I will basically have to grind all characters again to unlock their teachables at tier 3 on a different character, instead of grinding just one.

You guys told us that we weren't losing anything. What the hell?

Comments

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    edited July 2022

Are your saying characters they already had the perks in tier 3 had them reduced to tier 1? If so that's an issue, if not I'm not sure what you're saying.

A character at level 40 with teachables unlocked should see those teachables unlocked on all characters at tier 1 unless they had already gotten them at 2 or 3 prior.

Ex: You have Dwight at 40, unlocked his teachables, but never prestiged him. Then on, say, Ace, you have tier 3 Prove Thyself but never saw Leader or Bond for whatever reason. The result should be you now have tier 3 Prove Thyself and Tier 1 Bond and Leader. From there your can invest your BP in Ace and get tiers 2 and 3 they way, or keep investing in Dwight until he's P3, at which point Ace and every other survivor has his perks at tier 3

• lambdabr
    lambdabr Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2022

As i said, i have them all in tier 1 now. If i wanted to get the perks on tier 3 at any new character i'd have to grind ALL characters again, instead of just the new one.

I have a Kate Denson with everything tier 3 unlocked, but i can't have that on any character unless i grind EVERY other character again, because all teachable perks came at tier 1 instead of tier 3.

It took me years to get (almost) all the teachables, and they could go to tier 3 in any character i wanted. Now i lost everything i worked for because apparently level 40 isn't worth a prestige 3 character in the new system.

• Zeidoktor
    edited July 2022

Any new characters would also have all the unlocked teachable perks at tier 1 upon release. Going forward if you want perks at tier 2 or 3 you have the choice to level the character(s) you want the perks on, or prestige the character whose teachables they are to give them to everyone at higher tiers.

Not seeing the issue since it sounds like everything is working as advertised. A level 40 was never worth a prestige 3 character in the new system and BHVR neve said they would be. If you never prestiged a character it would be based on how many perk tiers they had on them. So your Kate with everything on it would likely be P6, with all her perks unlocked on everyone in purple. Any character only at level 40 wouldn't have enough unlocked to go to P1 out the gate, but you do have their teachables unlocked, so you have the P1 reward on those characters without actually being P1.

Unless a character's purple perk became yellow overnight, you've lost nothing and gained much more.

• lambdabr
    edited July 2022

So if i wanted to start leveling up jake now, for example, i would be able to get the other survivor tier 3 perk by only leveling Jake up since i had the teachables already unlocked?

If this is true i think i understand now.

• Zeidoktor
    edited July 2022

No(I think?) If you start levelling Jake now, you would get any other perk you've unlocked through levelling his bloodweb, same as before, with the difference that they'd start at tier 2, minimum, because you have everything at tier 1 already.

So if you've never touched Jake after getting him to 40 and start leveling now, leveling and unlocking perks would be the same as ever, just worth one tier removed.

Additionally, as you level and, consequently, prestige Jake, you'll also unlock his perks at higher tiers on other survivors.

• lambdabr

I just checked and It's all good. Everything is actually the same.

I can get all other survivors tier 3's in the bloodweb as normal. The shrine of secrets stuff confused me.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186

I have this same issue.

I had grinded every character to 40 because that's all I had to do according to the game.

After that point, I unlocked every perk on Nea, and even after I had all the perks I continued spending millions of bloodpoints on her bloodweb even tho there weren't any perks left, only items.

I feel like it's unfair for prestige 1 characters to be insta-boosted to prestige 3, when characters left at level 40 without prestige gets nothing.

it bothers me that prior to the update I was done grinding, but now in order to be "done" by the standards of the new system, I need to gain an additional +110 levels for every character.

To me, it's not fair that I am asked to grind +110 additional levels just because I was only 10 levels behind prior to the update