We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Thanks for downgrading half of my perks...

alnic123
alnic123 Member Posts: 10

Until now I have left the characters who I don't play (but want their perks) on level 40. I recently saw this update and a post saying to prestige that character to get to prestige 3 for the update to keep tier 3 perks.

I did this with as many characters as I could in the 2 days I had. But now I am left with 7 survivors and 9 killers who I didn't have time to prestige, and their perks have been downgraded on all of the other characters..

So my understanding now is, I would have to get that character from prestige 1 - level 40, to prestige 3 (60 bloodwebs per character) to get their tier 3 perks on all of the other characters?? This is some real BS for an "update".

I've been playing since beta and if I hadn't seen the post about prestiging I would now have tier 1 perks on almost every character!

Comments

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 418

the perks tiers will be in the bloodweb too, which was said many times on here.

• alnic123
    edited July 2022

So I still have to go and unlock them again.. Which would be countless bloodwebs considering there's only 4 per web at most

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

You shouldn't have lost anything with the update. If you did then maybe you want to open a support ticket about it.

• alnic123

I have 2 survivors, David and Dwight that I know i had unlocked every perk in the game to tier 3.

Now I have 21 perks on those 2 that are tier 1 because their survivor is not prestiged yet.

Is this how it's meant to be?

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224

not sure what you’re talking about but if you got all your characters to level 40 before the update then you unlocked all teachables on them and through the update/prestige conversion those “teachables” that you unlocked are now automatically unlocked on every single other character at tier 1. You then can either get jake to prestige 2/3 to unlock iron will tier 2/3 on every single other character automatically or you can just go over to haddie and go through blood webs normally and hope to find tier 2/3 of iron will in her bloodweb the traditional way.

the only thing that’s different is that in order to find let’s say residual manifest in jakes blood web after the update, if you didn’t have haddie to level 30/35/40 before the update, you now have to get baddie to prestige 1 in order to unlock her perks on other characters. Which in turn takes a little bit longer but also unlocks all 3 of her perks automatically on every single other survivor at tier 1. And then like I said before you can go through other characters blood webs and find tier 2/3 of her perks or you can upgrade her to p2/p3 and automatically unlock them on all other characters at tier 2/3. Which helps with the overall grind.

i will say that this system more or so helps with playing killer than helps survivor because typically you’ll only be playing 1 or 2 main survivors so now it takes longer to get those teachables on your main survivors. It’s the same for killers but all killers are different so being able to automatically unlock perks on every killer is great but not as meaningful for survivors. Still cool though but just a way better system for killers

• D2night

No that’s not supposed to happen. Are you sure you had every perk in the game maxed out? Could you tell me how many pages of perks you had before the update?

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

no thats not how its meant to be. I had some non-prestiged characters with every perk in the game.

They got bumped to 6 and kept all of their perks.

Meanwhile a character I did prestige 3x does not have all perks, showing you that I dont have everything unlocked across the board.

If you've lost perks after the update I would submit a bug report.

• alnic123

8 pages.

There are 7 characters who I hadn't prestiged before the update and they are the exact 7 who's perks are tier 1 on David and Dwight.

I'm 100% sure I had them all unlocked because I pretty much only play those 2 and I spend all my points on them. The the bloodwebs are always perkless

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

I think it funny how they said they were supposed to lessen the grind on the game and then made players have to buy each tier of a perk from the shrine before you can then spend more shards to buy the next level. That increases the grind by a lot imo.

• alnic123

I'm getting a bit confused here.

So as an example.

My David was prestige 2. He had every perk in the game to tier 3 before the update.

He is now prestige 7 and he now has the 21 perks at tier 1 which are from the 7 survivors I didn't prestige before the update. So those 21 perks have been downgraded on David from tier 3 to tier 1.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Umm... There is no scenerio where the grind is worse for perks. Old system, unlocking a perk does not give you the perk at tier 1. New system, you get the perk at tier 1 when unlocking the perk and each prestige increases the tier at which it is unlocked at.

If you think the perk grind has increased, you're not very good at calculating costs.

• D2night

I was confused about that also when I looked at my characters but I realized that it’s because of the “general perks” (ones that aren’t teachables) like lightweight, kindred, etc that I’m missing on those characters

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

If im understanding correctly (i might not be). You have to have the character for the perk you purchase and then will get the next tier. For example if i purchase CoH at level 1 the only way to get level 2 is by waiting for it to show up in the shrine or having mikaela and then i would have to prestige her.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,509

It's because of general perks dude. I'm buying them up on the killers I'm missing them on now.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,439

You can still find CoH T2 and T3 in your bloodwebs. You just automatically get CoH at T1 on all your survivors.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

I didn't prestige any of my characters before the update and I still kept all my perks plus tier 1 for everyone at level 50 (Freddy was tier 2 for some reason). Figured it'd be easier this way so I wouldn't lose my progress and can continue after the patch to prestige. I also don't play often which is why I made this decision.