Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Basekit BT is useless, perk BT is still necessary

Pucci21
Pucci21 Member Posts: 30

the 5 seconds are worthless, since it's permanent killers will know to just wait the 5 and down you. the 7%? it's nothing and gives you no distance. Honestly 10-12 seconds should be basekit and the perk should protect only the user like it used to, should also deter basement bubbas

Comments

• adderalladmirals
    adderalladmirals Member Posts: 8

Everyone should be running off the record if they have this opinion, it overrides BT so you dont have to worry about what the rescuer is using. I dont really see any reason to have 4 BTs over 4 OTRs. Dont forget it also gives you full iron will and aura reading protection even if you cancel the endurance.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

This is true. But will only really work in a 4 man SWF.

When playing Solo you cannot afford to drop BT, because you dont know if the Survivor has OTR or not.

• adderalladmirals
    adderalladmirals Member Posts: 8

Youre right, i think it will get better with time, people are still adjusting and the amount of OTRs will probably increase greatly eventually. I think many people probably dont even own zarina yet. I think it will be similar to how you could somewhat expect your teammate to have DS back in its prime

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Basekit BT is completely useless on basement hooks. The killer doesn't even have to block your path for long to wait out the BT. I have yet to get use out of basekit BT because 5 seconds isn't long at all.

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268
    edited July 2022

I called this would happen. The 7% percent speed boost is worthless. They should have just given the existing BT and have the BT perk still add 10 seconds on top. Giving you 5 seconds for free if anything hurts because the killers rarely have to worry about full BT.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Why not make it 10-12 seconds and get rid of the perk ? basekit version is almost useless and I don't want to run BT personally it's boring, it's in a weird spot, just make it good basekit

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Saves just like before the patch still requires teamwork. The base bt is enough time for teammates to position themselves to cover an escape or at least provide time to reach a fresh pallet.

• Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162

Requires team work? ######### are you on about? It should take ONE person to get an unhook while others are on gens. Period. Anything else is wasting time. And also. If a Killer is returning to hook to hit the saver or unhooked, that's cheap af. But also should be giving the other 2 people time to stay on gens. THIS is why solo queue is a nightmare.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Don't know how effective your teammates are but a single survivor is enough to do just what I suggested. I also don't see anything wrong with the killer coming back to pressure a zone where atleast 2 survivors are guaranteed to be.