No progress on 'make the survivors scream 10 times' in chapter 2 of archives.

Options
Slowpeach
Slowpeach Member Posts: 691

Got a bug which I was able to replicate while streaming/recording to my audience of 0 while running my 'dentist' build for Joey (make them say ahhhh). Prior to this I tried 2 games on Clown who is also really good at getting screams. No progress there either.

I'm running a build which makes the survivors scream... a lot: Make your choice, Infectious Fright, Iron Maiden, Dragon's Grip.

Despite this there was no progress. Skip to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxqc2yVAAn0

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Gress
    Gress Member Posts: 31
    Options

This is more of a temp fix than anything, but maybe the challenge only works on Doctor? All the perks you mentioned came out after his release, so maybe it was designed with him in mind?

But this definitely should be something looked at.

• Slowpeach
    edited July 2022
    Options

I'll try this but I've done a similar one before and I used Trapper (when I had fewer perks) and that worked. Considering this one is required to advance the path it's usually generic but 'favoured' to the themed killer (Doctor in this case).

Edit: Tried with the Doctor too. Not using any scream perks. Still did not progress. I have the footage if desired but it's long with nothing because someone dc'ed at the start and I let the rest go. It just took two of them a while to figure that out.

Post edited by Slowpeach on
  • Janse
    Janse Member Posts: 19
    Options

i have the same issue, no progress at all on that challenge, no matter what u do

• Pieghetti
    Pieghetti Member Posts: 6
    Options

Dealing with the same issue as well. Tried many games with different killers, both with and without perks/addons.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482
    Options

Yeah, it doesn't work on Doc, I'm having the same issue and this isn't the first time this has been reported.

It seems like multiple Archives challenges break almost every patch now. Previously, it was that Botany Knowledge challenge in Tome 1...

• Slowpeach
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hooray Spaghetti code! It is amazing how much unrelated stuff breaks every update. I've seen some pretty... questionable bugs and testing practices in my time but this is something else. No amount of testing in a few weeks could honestly fix this :D.