Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The perk "Shattered Hope" could use a QoL buff

Canas
Canas Member Posts: 1,021

The perk exists solely to counter boon users however what happens if no one even brings or uses boons during the trial? Suddenly you've wasted a whole perkslot (25% of your power) on something non-existing. Do you know any other perks in this game which are this hard of a hit or miss?

Originally I wanted to suggest allowing the killer to break ANY totem on the map to still get off the aura reading effect but then I realized Hex: Pentimento was a thing. Maybe delete the bones entirely if the killer breaks a dull totem?

Comments

• AReallyBoredHuman
    AReallyBoredHuman Member Posts: 48

Hoarder comes to mind as being a wasted perk slot even on Pinhead it's still not the best, shattered hope would've been less of a waste if it was released 9 months ago.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

Lightborn seems like an easy one to miss - though survivors can also find flashlights in chests. That said, there are many, many perks that are capable of contextually providing zero value.

I mean heck, medkits vs. Plague are practically worthless.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

There's tons of perks on both sides that you won't necessarily get value from because it relies on the other side playing a certain way.

Distortion if killer doesn't bring aura reading perks

Blastmine if killer isn't kicking gens

Alert if killer doesn't break pallets/kick gens

Hex Retribution/Haunted Grounds if survivors don't cleanse totems

No Mither/Unbreakable if killer doesn't slug

BT if killer doesn't camp/tunnel

Lightborn if survivors don't bring item/perk to blind

Iron Maiden if survivors aren't going in lockers

There's plenty more, I can keep listing. Shattered Hope is fine with what it does, it's there to stop survivors from continuing to boon a totem. If you're a killer that struggles with boons you run it, if not you run something else. Similar to killers that have trouble with getting blinded run Lightborn.

• Gress
    Gress Member Posts: 31

The removal of the bones entirely seems like a good idea in theory, but it takes away the 1 in 30 games where Pentimento actually can kick in, lol.

Distortion lately is a massive hit for me, but before the update, I could count on one finger the times it actually worked in a day of survivor games. Don't get me started on Iron Maiden. The only time lately I've seen it work is because survivors press the wrong button and enter the locker instead of lock it!

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

Pentimento would still work if the killer broke a boon totem with Shattered Hope or simply recycled a previously broken hex totem, I'm just saying that it'd be more fair if the killer got rid of dull totems entirely if he decided to break them pre-emptively.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

All the find a hex perks for survivors

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

I'm not a fan of single-use, all-or-nothing perks. But as bm33 pointed out, there are tons of perks on both sides that have zero-value potential.

I agree with you; it should be looked at, as well as several other perks.

As a personal note, I mind the all-or-nothing perks less as a survivor, because the survivors (as a team) have 4x the chance of their perks seeing value. I actually run all-or-nothing builds quite often on survivor

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Yeah there are tons of perks that just get no value if certain items/perks/add-ons don't get brought and that's fine.