killer queues are insanely bad

(title) i doubt even the incentive will help this just seems like people don’t wanna play survivor rn rightfully so, just sucks that queues are so long last night i ether got a really good swf or survivors with 50 hours an that really bad meaning that game is having a harder time finding people at my mmr an just throwing me babies because no one is playing

Comments

• AReallyBoredHuman
    AReallyBoredHuman Member Posts: 48

The killer queues have been bad for me too all times of the day in EU, but I hear they are better in NA. I can only hope that when they add the incentive back it'll work as intended.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Matchmaking and accusing all Killers of Camping and Tunneling... yea I can see why

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

What I don't understand is in NA, EST, I never had problem with survivor queues and rarely had problems with killer queues either. Killer queues did get bad for a while about 2 or 3 years back, where I switched over from Killer to Survivor.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

I think this patch is actually great and puts the fear back into the killer role, BUT that so many killers decide to still camp and tunnel hurts me personally.

Please BHVR, give us some reason to leave the hool, without shooting us in the foot in cases the game is going south. I offered numerous solutions to this problem, just give one of them a though or try something of your own accord, but DO something. Anything would be better then letting the hate fester.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022

Considering there is not much difference in steam chart (which of course not everything but is a fair portion of players), the chances are more people trying out killers, and which is good.

Also in my region killer que has already reverted to 20 sec lmao

• Akumakaji

On my personal survivor games I don't feel a big difference. Yeah, the killer gets me a lot more often on the close calls, but otherwise looping and running tiles functions exactly the same as before. But I never used DH and learned how to survive without, and that's the big thing, ie many survivors either relied on DH or IW a lot, and that's showing now.

But in my killer games the open buffet of the first day is gone. A lot of survivors are dealing with the situation and getting better and I even spotted a few SWF that slammed gens like always.

All those survivors that didn't adapt yet, they are the ones that are killing everyone. But things are already beginning to sorting themselves out. Its just the camping and tunneling that needs to be addressed.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212
    edited July 2022

My experience is not nonsense. It's my experience. It's solo queue, and it's just the same as before besides other survivors behaviours.

Gens are 10% slower. Ten measly percent, and yet you're all refusing to repair them and screwing over the rest of the team, or evidently just refusing to play the game at all. It's petty, entitled and childish.

"B-b-b-but Thanataphobia!" was buffed by TWO PERCENT.

"Killers using slowdown!" All of which besides Thana and Overcharge were nerfed.

We even have super BT now with Off the Record, a ton of buffs to other survivor perks.

The game is not that different, but it IS becoming unbearable, because survivors are sabotaging it.

• fulltonon
    edited July 2022

Hmmm most people complain and solo que and tunneling/camping, and slow down, and it has really nothing to do with update itself.

Maybe they are losing more but that's pretty much because DH nerf, like even if they don't use it, most solo q players do, and which results in less competent teammates to match with (= lose).

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Killers have been in an overall miserable state since the Witchy Woman dropped- it's not a surprise that Killers pretty crowded. Spirit has entered the new Golden Age, gimmick joke builds like Skill Check Doc and Wraith got funnier and more usable.

I could choose to interpret the queue time as "gaem dead!" but I'm choosing a more positive interpretation for now.

A lot of us killers felt pressured into playing Solo Survivor these past few months. Now we're migrating back.

• Seraphor

What are the complaints then?

1. nerfing DS and DH
    2. Gen speeds
    3. Killer speeds

Anything else?

These things are not game breaking. But survivors refusing to play the damn game and sabotaging everything IS.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2022

these are not "killers" these are frustrated survivor mains who take out all their frustration and anger with Killer on other players since bhvr has taken away their bullying tools and since they are inexperienced as killers they use cheap tactics like tunneling&camping

• fulltonon

Yeah, those who want to win is now playing killer, like they've been playing survivors with 10 minutes que, nothing really surprising when they start playing killers with 10 minutes que.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,336

Yeah man it's all just a charade. Just like they were saying pre-patch, killer queue times won't be affected.

• fulltonon

Actually I've been wishing for faster survivor que time lol

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,336
    edited July 2022

I've got good news for you then. Killer stonks are at an all-time high

• fulltonon
  • Seraphor
    edited July 2022

What Crutch Perks have solo survivors lost?

Kindred still exists, I'm not aware of any aura perks that have been nerfed. Spine Chill was buffed!

If solo survivors biggest problem now is offsetting other survivors... then the problem is survivors! That's what I've been saying.

You're just feeding into this negative feedback loop. "Oh other survivors are crap now so I'll refuse to play and sabotage their games"

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

For reference the steam charts aren’t showing total player counts being out of the ordinary, the 24 hour peak was over 50k for instance which is in line with their usual numbers. So the long killer queues are probably indicative of people switching from survivor to killer rather than leaving entirely. The switch is obviously due in large part to kill rates being higher (intentionally so, that was part of the goal of the patch) plus some resistance to change among the 70% or so of survivors who used Dead Hard.

Also because of how people level up killers versus survivors, there could be some people who had a bunch of killers at Prestige 1 or 2 but only one survivor at Prestige 1+ so when the patch hit they got a whole bunch of new killer perks but not much on the survivor side. In which case they’re trying out the new killer stuff they got. That’s probably only a minor factor, but I could see it happening.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

You need more than a few days after a major patch release to know how changes of this magnitude are going to effect long term player counts. A lot of people are still trying out the changes. It'd be better to look at those numbers in a month.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

How are tools like DS bullying the killer exactly? DS was literally one of the two tools to counter tunneling/camping as well as BT (not base-kit, that doesn't do #########). But DS was nerfed, not every survivor is out to make the killer's life hell and vice versa.

But the meta hasn't changed for killers, run all slowdowns or camp/tunnel, it's very rare I encounter à killer who just plays how they normally would without sweating their ass off the entire match. Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that survivors can be little monsters, but killers can get just as bad sometimes.

• Salinero
    Salinero Member Posts: 19

Between other survivors disconnecting and in a lot of games just suiciding on first hook, I don't see a point in playing when other survivors are out there to make my solo que survivor experience even worse. It has been happening in quite a few games and I'm sure a lot of other players experienced the same. I'm just not gonna waste my time on a game where in at least 50% of my matches a survivor disconnects or suicides on first hook. I'll just play something else until something gets fixed.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

nope it bad here too 3 min if we lucky most time 6 to 8 min.

it just going to get worst from here.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,701

I'm in NA east and believe me they're not that much better.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Playing survivor and killer last night during what's considered "peak" hours, my killer queue times were longer, but not dramatically so. Two minutes or so vs. literally instant before. My survivor queues were shorter, which considering I normally have had to wait 5 minutes plus to get into a match is a positive. If killer times stay what they were for me last night, coupled with the shorter survivor queue time, that for me is a positive.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

This is only the beginning. Wait a bit more....

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

If you need to feel powerful is your problem, not the survivors problem

• Akumakaji

If you need non-sequiturs in your life, why drag me into it? :V

• Seraphor

It's childish and sabotaging when you play the game, but you quit at 4 gens because the killer is using Thana or you missed your new DH.

My solo survivor games have been as varied as they used to be, with a decent amount of escapes, and likewise my killer games have been mixed. But where they're not, it's invariably because a survivor has quit early on in the game.

And it is childish to refuse to play the game at all just because you lost DH. There's an entire game here that's still just as functional as before. It's a petty boycott based on false pretenses and entitlement.

The game is fine, these changes are much needed balance changes to give killers a chance again. If everyone just played the game, their MMR would adjust them to a point where they're winning half of their games again.

All the survivors refusing to play any more are overeacting and refusing to adjust.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

Camping and tunneling being more effective than before. I've seen more complaints about that that DH. Being angry about DS being nerfed is valid, not everyone has OTR and killers can tell so they know who to tunnel. I've also seen complaints about gen speed, but mostly with the new slowdown meta, such as Deadlock, Thanatophobia, Gift of Pain, Pentimento, Pain Resonance, Overcharge, Eruption and Call of Brine (Two of these perks cause permanent ruin as a bug when used in combination currently). Also, the decreased sprint burst after getting hit now is a great buff for M1 killers but it feels bad against any killer with a special attack. All of that with the severe tunneling that's been happening in my games, I can't blame my teammates for leaving or killing themselves like I did before the update.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

It's 10 seconds slow gens, which is actually 12.5% slower gens.