The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Scratch Mark Portraits as a later Prestige reward.

I love Dead by Daylight. I play a lot of it. It’s by far my favourite multiplayer game. And I do love the scratch mark portraits. I wish I had been able to get them on all my characters.

However, I don’t really use them because I find the effect jarring when combined with regular portraits because I know I can’t get them on everyone. So I haven’t been using them because they’re a reminder of what I wasn’t able to do (plus I forgot to finish P3ing my Nemesis so I’m a little salty about that. I was P2 level 50 when the update dropped).

So I was wondering if the DBD team would consider making them a new Prestige reward down the line. That way players can still get them if they grind hard enough and newer players who find and love this game aren’t permanently penalized. Make them a Prestige 30 or even Prestige 50 reward. That way people who P3’d before the update don’t have to grind for it as a reward, saving them tens or hundreds of millions of Bloodpoints down the line, but everyone else has a chance at them if they care enough and they work hard enough.

Plus I imagine all the hardworking folks who did P3 everyone and got all of the new portraits would appreciate the chance to get them on new characters as they come out.

Comments

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

The reward was meant as a "legacy" reward for the grind being massively reduced again like how old players got "legacy" skins. It'll feel like less of a reward to some of those players if it's just an unlock new ones can get after awhile. They can't even see it on other players, so they can't be jealous of it either unless they check the hours/prestige someone of a player.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057

OP has a point, though. The reward currently looks pretty bad if you only have it on a few characters - here's mine, for instance.

I've got a special reward on a lot of characters, and I'm extremely inclined to turn it off because it's going to look like That. Forever.

And even if you did get it on everyone, future characters are not going to be able to access the reward, so it's going to look choppy no matter what. While I don't agree that the same reward should be given for legacy and just levelling up, I think the backgrounds work much better as a level-up reward than a retired one (and that once again, legacy should have been something else.)

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Yes, I do actually agree as well, but again, it's the only reward players got for getting characters to P3 cuz the devs didn't want people to feel excluded. But I don't see what difference that makes considering old legacy makes some people feel excluded (I'm sure you remember all the old threads of people asking for old legacy to be brought back). Unfortunately regardless of what happens devs probably will keep it the way it is, and the people who did go through the process won't have an exclusive reward anymore, even if other people can't see it.

If they did a different reward to compensate for the people who did got through the grind before reduction, then I'd have no problem with this being a prestige reward. I do understand where you both are coming from though.

• GravelordNito99
    GravelordNito99 Member Posts: 229

There should have been a different reward for Legacy P3 - one that can be seen in the endgame screen rather than just by ourselves. This portrait would have been better for a P100 reward to avoid swiss cheese.

• Norriek
    Norriek Member Posts: 4

Exactly. The portrait backgrounds never should have been a P3 Legacy reward. It should have been something substantial, like a unique full cosmetic outfit or something. Unfortunately it’s not that. As it is I’ll likely never use the scratched mark portraits despite how much I love them.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I wouldn't mind unlocking them at Prestige 100.

That way they will stay exceedingly rare, but still be obtainable for those who really want them (and didnt have the chance to get them) and are willing to put a lot of time and effort into their favourite character.

• Norriek
    Norriek Member Posts: 4

As much as I want to cringe at the crazy amount of Bloodpoints that would take… I’d definitely grind for them. I’m sure lots of other people would too.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    edited July 2022

As one who earned the portraits on all the characters I own I don't even care for them.

I'd love it if they made them earnable and instead gave us Legacy P3's something exclusive we could actually show off like:

All I have is shattered hope now.

• EdenFinite
    EdenFinite Member Posts: 7

I wouldn't say it looks bad, I think it really displays who your mains are!

With that said, mains change over time, so It hink this should remain a prestige reward. What if I now main wesker and ada, for example?