Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New update completely unbalanced

Since the update it is impossible to win anymore as a survivor.

Gens are too long to do without even perk who destroy gens. The borrow time 5 sec is useless since every killer just wait 5 little sec more to kill you like before. You should have let a real borrow time not just a 5 little seconds.

And to say 5 sec borrow time and in exchange a lot of advantages for killers. Like 10 sec more by gens is like 50sec more to win its A LOT TIME TO KILL ALL THE SURVIVORS !! with one survivor dead or one deconnected the game changes completely so just imagine with 50 secondes more to win how it will impact everything. It was already hard to win as a survivor but now...

I speak as an average survivor. Imagine a beginner or a bad one. He litteraly has no chance anymore.

I stopped playing this game with my brother because since the update and by playing 3hours everyday we didnt escape once together. It was always all dead or one survivor who escape.

Comments

• JibbyNeutron
    JibbyNeutron Member Posts: 208
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
  • JibbyNeutron
  • Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2022

The basekit BT is there mostly for newer players, or those who don't have access to perks like OTR/BT. If tunneling is still such a massive issue, put one of them on if you see nothing but tunneling every game. The basekit BT isn't there for you to have a very strong effect for free.

Gens are not too long, an extra 10 seconds per gen in the grand scheme of the game is not long at all. If you're going to complain, direct your complaints to specific gen regression perks or combos if you feel they're too strong.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,501
    edited July 2022

if you struggle to play coz of a bad teammates, I'd consider for you finding a group to play, or improve your looping skills as a solo player.

Also, try finding a good build which can replace old "second chance" meta. And Enjoy.

Don't listen to these 2, salty and tilted players the ones, you should just ignore, and focus on your goal.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

10 seconds extra per gen doesnt sound like anything- BUT it is a lot more impactful when theres a survivor being camped on hook or if you are against a high mobility killer with pop who can interrupt your gen.

• Toaster427
    Toaster427 Member Posts: 120

go play a different game until it sorts itself out, not worth your time to play a game that's broken.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Bill is free, so what you just said it's accurate. Everyone gets BT for free as soon as they get the game.

• JibbyNeutron

Whats your problem? Are you mad that I encourage people to play the more fun role? Because then your Killer Qs are getting even longer? Sorry but being mad about it is not how this world works

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

Borrowed time was buffed to 15 seconds from 12 seconds. So it's better now. I don't know why you are complaining about also getting an extra 5 seconds of borrowed time as base kit.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,501

Am I mad?=) I just told the guy to ignore one who saying to uninstall the game, and one who said "just switch role", I don't think it's what op wanted, and healthy advices at all.

I know how still strong a good survivors are, so these "advices" coming only from salty or tilted players, who refuse to improve.

Any questions?=)

• Dwightslocker
    Dwightslocker Member Posts: 21

Honestly as a survivor main i dont think its that bad.

Im hideously average but gen speeds are hardly noticable. The killer buffs make not too much odds.

The only thing im noticing is my solo queue teammates seem to be a bit lacking. I was wondering if the tweaked the mmr.

I dont mind dying in game as long as im having fun. We dont need to escape all the time to have fun.

• masterellik
    masterellik Member Posts: 3

You say that but number of time the game has not a meaning anymore even killer are trying now to be generous and letting people escape one more time to make the game fair. It is getting ridiculous. We are not all number one survivors. We struggle against first time with low perk killers now... the game was not meant to be that annoying. With just one survivor dead and 3 gens remaining it is IMPOSSIBLE, litteraly impossible to win, as good as you could be.... before it was not the case

• JibbyNeutron

Noone is talking about escaping really. But hey if you like Holding M1 on the same gen for minutes go for it. Most dont like that

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

Just uninstall and play something else. Evil dead is more difficult as survivor in the way that games like elden ring are difficult but its definitely more balanced than this crap if you're looking for an asymm horror game.

In a 4v1 it takes more survivors to make a lobby than killers so any balance towards killers is really going to drive up their queue times more noticeably.

They cant continue to cater to the minority of players (killers) and expect a good return on dlc/cosmetic/rift pass sales. Give this patch time and $$$ will talk. Guaranteed.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418

Stop speaking such sense and truth, it'll annoy the killer mains because this updates perfect to them as they don't need to play in boring ways like camping and tunnelling anymore and that's why they're so desperate for it to stay this way, so they can play just for fun of course and not need to sweat or be toxic!

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2022

Just uninstall.

As survivors you can't win all the games, because the gameplay focus on the teamwork and if your team decide to scratch their own balls then you can slowly wait for your death.

Ignoring that fact, learn to loop, to set last three gens and put Prove Thyself and Bond on your build.

Surely, your results will improve.

About the DC, I can't say anything. That's a fact and as I say everytime, this game doesn't give you an huge penalty if you quit a match.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Impossible to win? This ridiculous hyperbole has to stop.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Love seeing all these posts of people withh a low post count complaining about survs getting the pointy end of the stick.

When killers were nothing but an annoyance in your gen repair simulator you weren't on the forums saying killers feel weak, now it's on the other foot out comes everyone to have a cry.

• Arkmenhah
    Arkmenhah Member Posts: 68

It isn't. Just got out of a 2-hook match. For those survivors in particular, DH or not made 0 difference. The extra 10 seconds per gen made no difference. Just use Off the Record or the actual BT perk if you want more than 5 seconds of Endurance off a hook. This update made SoloQ a hellhole, yeah, but there's 3 options to play the game, Solo Survivor, SwF, or Killer. Or offer McMillan bones, the whole realm got a buff by getting an even stronger tile on the usual pool of tiles that spawn connected to each other.

• vanhoya
    vanhoya Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2022

As a player that prefers to play killer, I see things are a bit more nuanced. Previously survivors were entitled to make several mistakes and still perform well. Now survivor and killer both feel stressful to me because survivors now work gens as if their lives depend on it, but one moderate mistake and there is a high probability of no one getting out. If survivors don't mess up, then there will be many escapes.

Don't get me wrong I love the new perk changes that allow me to use something besides DS, DH, BT, IW, Unbreakable etc - super exciting. I just feel that some things need to be rolled back a bit. Maybe:

1) DS should still be 5-second stun. Leave the other changes.

2) Try adding 5 seconds to gen time rather than 10 seconds.

3) Killers should be able to break things faster, maybe 5% down from 10%. Keep the -2.5 % on gen kicking.

4) Roll back bloodlust changes.

5) Base kit borrowed time: 5 seconds.

What do you think?

Post edited by vanhoya on
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I really wonder how many of the people that recommend everyone to uninstall the game, actually are uninstalling themself.

The removal of the "i win" button really hurt some egos.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

A game versus Legion can be stressful to the point of closing DBD right after it's over.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited July 2022

Sure game became little harder as a survivor but that just shows how much survivors were leaning on DH and DS. i'm struggling to learn new way of playing but i can admot that hell...i was carried by those 2 perks really hard before so its nice im out of my comfort zone now.

Before this game felt like killer bully simulator

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Dear bunny, how this game felt like killer bully simulator?

Teabagging and spamming flashlight? Sure. This is rude.

Using strongest perks? Nah. I am still using strongest perks on both sides after update. I am meta-slave. But i am not bullying anyone.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

I had much easier time to run the killer for 2-3 gens before that i have now, and to me that feels like a killer bully simulator when killer gets 1-2 hooks per game that took 5 minutes. I wasnt even enjoying that as a survivor. NOW i have some challenge.

Meta perks? What are meta perks now? I'm struggling to find good value out of perks now. Then again i just came from a vacation and havent played all week.

Lithe and sprint burst aint no DH. No more endgame DS abuse. I havent gotten much value out of off the record since im not the type of standing somewhere for 80 seconds. Then again im enjoying trying new perks, before i was slave to DH DS BT and yes aftercare

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

It is game tho, if they are not baby killer/baby survivor; i won't feel sad for their lose. I will say "gg and gl next" and i will move on. And i don't think it felt like bully simulator but alright. Different opinions on that.

Meta perks butchered for both sides. So i am playing with strongest perks for both sides now. For survivor, it is CoH + Botany combo + OTR + Lithe. Decent build and helps me a lot.

For killer, usually depends on the killer. If i am playing Nurse, i will use only aura perks, i don't need any regression. If i am playing Nemmy, i will bring some anti-gen perks. I love to use anti-heal build on Sadako. Depends on my mod.

And actually, my killer meta did not change so much. I just dropped BBQ & Pop from my builds.