Survivors are literally throwing games

Options

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,081
    Options

Holly is a cold blooded killer who doesn't care how she gets her kills as long as she gets to kill so she's fine with it

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2022
    Options

killers starting to complain about SB and Lithe? Where? Please point me. I need to see.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162
    Options

I can't find it when searching, but it was within the past few days. Basically was whining asking how to deal with Sprint Burst and Lithe. And that it felt "Pointless" to chase after because of how much distance they made. lmfao

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Yeah I remember that post, the OP specifically said they weren't asking for the perks to be nerfed but were looking for advice on countering them, and they got shrieked at anyway because why not.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

Give it time and killers will start complaining about Deja Vu.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

Deja Vu plays in the killers favour. They can already see the three closest gens and choose to defend those to ensure they get a 3 gen. Survivors attempting to make use of their repair buff will be sitting ducks.

• foxsansbox
    Options

So your point was reinforced by a single example that you can't find? I tried using the search function and I couldn't find it either. I need your help.

• Hibagon
    Hibagon Member Posts: 27
    Options

I played a match as killer where the only slowdown i ran was corrupt intervention. I chased and hooked two survivors over the course of about 3 mins without ever even seeing the other 2 survivors. No gens done. Just before the patch that would have been two gens gone easily. Its like people have just decided they dont want to do gens anymore.

• Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162
    Options

No. It's also been reinforced by posts on Steam and post game Killers talking ######### about SB. Somebody above me already said they remembered the post

• foxsansbox
    Options

They haven't produced it, either. You both must know all the best people. Source: Trust me, bro.

What there is, however, is a blatantly satirical thread about lithe that if you can use a search function you cannot miss.

• foxsansbox
    Options

First Archive Tome Release is very recent, on top of the patch.

• AvengerBear
    AvengerBear Member Posts: 100
    Options

Survivors coming out of locker and crouching around? Sounds like the same old solo q experience. Nothing new here. Also hiding in lockers while you are about to get hooked makes sense cuz BBQ

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209
    Options

Survivors don't want to play against stacked slowdown killers who just tunnel the first survivors out of the match. It's not fun. It's frustrating. Too many matches where you only get 1 or 2 gens done. Games just should not be ending with that few gens done.

• EvilTwin
    EvilTwin Member Posts: 45
    Options

I feel like matchmaking got even worse with this update. I get decent teammates like once every 20 games and the other games I get survivors with around 100 hours in the game (I’m around 2K).

Many of them barely have any perks and are literally too scared to do gens or even go for the unhook, then they’ll dc or kill them selves as soon as they get downed or hooked.

I believe this is the main reason people are struggling with this patch and not the actual changes they implemented.

Another thing is that as long as mmr is based on escapes/kills there will never be a solid matchmaking. I would much rather have the old ranked system.

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options

I think this is it.

I think only the OP actually says anything other than, "These perks are easy to counter." but hey, I found it first

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2022
    Options

They're not only throwing games. They're throwing controllers, keyboards and mouses, as well.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

I've noticed the same thing. I think they're trying out their new skins, tbh.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

survs can’t escape, and this give them low mmr. That’s why you play with such bad survs, they escape the same as 5.000 hours survs, never

• masterellik
    masterellik Member Posts: 3
    Options

I love your comments, you really think survivors are communicating together all around the world to make the kill increase ??? ahahahahahaha

It's just every survivors understands that gens are too long to do... that this update is desperating everyone. When one survivors dies before the 3rd generator is done, the game is already over....

It's just natural reaction when you face a situation in which you know you can't do anything no matter how strong you could be. So survivors just kill themself to begin a new game etc.

Challenge with the new update has completely disappeared and no one is ever motivated to play the game correctly. You will see there will be less and less survivors from now on and the game will be closed like friday the 13th game on steam with only killers playing and no survivors.

The biggest community of this game are survivors because 4 vs 1. If they dont wanna play.... the game is over and it actually is. I dont play anymore because every game has nothing serious like before.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    edited July 2022
    Options

While playing survivor, I've seen many people ragequit really early. Like, DCing on the second or even first time they got downed. There was even a match against a Legion with a really strong build where a survivor ragequitted really early, on the first down this person suffered, when only one gen had been completed. Still, we kept playing and managed to complete other 4 gens and get relatively close to a fourth. There wasn't a 3 gen formation too. But then Legion managed to kill everyone. So yeah, we would have had a good chance of winning without that DC.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392
    Options

Seriously? You think survivors are conspiring by throwing games in order to get Dead Hard reverted? Killer mains never cease to amaze me.

No, you are just playing on ez mode now so you are convinced you are amazing.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,574
    edited July 2022
    Options

I think they showed some data recently where it was something like 40% survivors are solo Q. And most of them do have EXTREMELY MISERABLE games currently. Me as well. If I take clairvoyance with me its bearable, if all falls apart i can hide and wait for the hatch. But I have the jonah challenge right now, so someone has to escape before me. That challenge is IMPOSSIBLE in solo Q currently. Bc. you either get teammates that are just as frustrated as you and don't progress the game. Or you have a somewhat good team, but the killer, although having it as easy as never before, still tunnel and camp like crazy to get the first survivror out.

So no, the (soloQ) survivors are not conspiring, but they get more and more frustrated, and will eventually switch role or quit playing. We already see that in increased killer queues times. If killers don't start to play a little more lenient, now they clearly have the power rule esp. against solo Q, it will haunt them back by ever increasing queue times and/or hefty perk adjustments. And if we are really unlucky, that whole situation will really drive many players away from the game. Solo Q is a large chunk of the player base, we shouldn't risk to lose that players.

Disclaimer: I'm more of a killer main, but forced to play solo Q bc of the insane killer queue. I was so excited for this update, and I really feel most of the changes are great. But the solo Q situation is horrendous right now, and needs to be adjusted fast!

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

Killers having a giant baby tantrum is what got this broken update in the first place

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

Because they didn't want to use skill to wait out DH and they wanted tunnelling to be easier, this whole update was an elaborate plot to just remove two easily countered perks that made solo queue tolerable.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Sweaty swf are strong yet. But on solo quando tunneling is oppressive. But especially facecamp is a comeback mechanic, too strong.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,560
    Options

"That's too strong! My chase only lasted a minute!"

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

I'm wondering if we can just report these people? Today has been none stop suiciding and dcing, and it's not fun playing survivor when your teammates are throwing the game. This is getting out of hand and I hope the devs step in. I'll be reporting going forward. This is childish antics and it needs to stop because they're ruining the fun not just for killers but other survivors like myself.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,048
    Options

People keep saying survivors don't want to play against stacked slowdowns but I see survivors throwing themselves against no slowdown

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

I think this is because a lot of experienced survivors have switched over to killer or aren't playing right now. So you have really quick survivor queues but it is because they're throwing just anyone together regardless of this mythical MMR. I've been matched up with some survivors that when I check their time had less than 24hrs in the game. When you get in a game like that, killers may think they're throwing, but no, they are clueless. Even worse when they are on a platform other than you and you can't ask questions or check hours.

• AvocadoPablo
    AvocadoPablo Member Posts: 19
    Options

Now imagine trying to Solo queue or queueing with 1 friend and getting teammates like that every game...

• TheDappaScrappa
    TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103
    Options

The game is impossible at this point. For once the killer is actually in a power role and the game is fair but 70% of survivors don't want a fair game they want a game where they can aimlessly hold W and press E to win. With killers breaking pallets and catching up a bit faster it gives survivors less time to tea bag and "that's unfair" and no I'm not a pissed killer main I'm a pissed survivor main. I like that its a bit harder, i LOVE the meta shift perks, but you cannot enjoy a single game due to cry babies who can't actually loop leaving the damn game when ######### doesn't go their way

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

I just had ANOTHER match we were clearly winning, 2 gens done by the time the Pig got her first hook, another gen completed not much later... but then a survivor RAGEQUITTED right after being downed for the SECOND TIME in a match that was going on OUR favor. After that, 3 people was much easier to pressure than 4, so it went downhill and we ended up losing.

She didn't have meta perks, she got nothing on us, we were on the way to win until a single guy threw the game. You can't complain about "killers OP" if you ragequit and make your whole team lose even when you're winning.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,223
    Options

Guaranteed loss 🤣 hop on 3 gens and have someone drop as many pallets first chase and 3 gens still pop. You're the teammate who does nothing when I run killer for 2 minutes because you want to win without doing the objective holy entitlement

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,223
    Options

Is this a serious post? You can't ignore 3 gens because "the killer will be trying to protect it" you are purposely losing before the game even gets to midgame because you can't pressure 3 gen while killer is in chase. Sprint burst literally exists to work in deadzones and get out of bad situations like this safely.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

Which was my original point and reason for making this thread. Part of the reason I switched over to survivor after a day of mostly wins as killer was to see what the deal was(and finally unlock some survivor perks). No one is even trying to do gens, they're throwing. Which if you actually want to play some survivor is terribly frustrating. Pre-patch as killer at least one gen would pop during my first chase. Gens now take ten seconds longer which means......at least one gen should pop during the killers first chase. Right?

All day playing as survivor If I got found first and took the killer on a chase that lasted over a minute? No gens. None. When it would have easily been a two or three gen pop were I playing killer.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,205
    Options

Actually black holes form when players too dense to learn new tricks throw together.

• WeaverReaver42
    WeaverReaver42 Member Posts: 210
    Options

Alot of people have been implying that it's silly to imagine that this is deliberate. I am more inclined to believe it when my second game as survivor had all 3 of my allies kill themselves on hook (well two- but that was only because I made DANG sure the other guy was staying in the match with me. If he wants to screw over the match, he can stay till the end.)

• FriendlyKiller
    Options

Have you played survivor recently? Even my survivor games where the killer WASN'T RUNNING SLOWDOWNS there were two of us doing gens max all game, and on average two survivors who said idgaf from jump

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Wow... I never thought that so many people admit to sabotaging their matches.

I really hope the devs see this and don't just look at the stats.

• FriendlyKiller
    Options

Not far fetched at all. Remember the nerf Spirit dc-athon? Even streamers were on that train. The nerf nurse echo chamber when she still has the lowest kill rates in the game? I'm not suggesting a grand conspiracy, but I do think we are seeing a combination of herd mentality and salty groupthink.

@MandyTalk please don't take my word for it. Play some survivor. Try to win.

Don't let the balance team fall for this b******t.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,205
    edited July 2022
    Options

Now that I've finally played killer a bit in 6.1.0 I can tell the decent players have no problem to win. They are getting used to their new builds.

I think the throwers are a minority.

I wish my teammates were not DCing or giving up. It's not a winning tactic.

Also, killers queues are back to normal while the number of players hasn't changed.

I'm guessing either their rifts are done, or the ones who had switched to killers wanting "easy" games finally went against good teams often enough to go back to the survivor side.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186
    Options

"is this some sort of protest?"

No, it's "I've had 5 ######### matches in a row, and this is looking to be yet another ######### match, so i don't wanna waste more time in here".

Since there's 4 survivors on the team, you see a lot of throwing because there's 3 individual survivors that could potentially be sick of the game and wanting to move on to the next match.

it's not "every survivor throws every game", but it's likely that 1 of the 4 survivors is currently having that match where the last drop hit the cup and they just wanna move on.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,867
    edited July 2022
    Options

They're doing tome challenges. The first week of a new tome is always like this, it's standard. People ignore gens in favour of doing their task, then want out so they can go to the next game and repeat. It's annoying, I usually don't play much the first week because of it.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Entitled survivors do it all the time. They get downed too fast? DC...