Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors are literally throwing games

I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

Survivors are literally throwing.

I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

Guys what happened?

We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

DO THE GENS

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I’ve had several teammates suicide on hook in the past couple of days. Had a few DCs.

• MaudetteClorel
    MaudetteClorel Member Posts: 83

To be fair, I'm still trying my best even if I'm playing with 3 other solos.

But taken a game I had today against Legion with thana, hex plaything, hex pentimento and scourge gift of pain... If there was an option to give up I would've done that. Because all my teammates did was healing and breaking totems even though after the first pentimento stack they KNEW it was in the game (and 2 of us had a boon, so we could've played around that).

This game went on for a solid 46 minutes, do you honestly think I will still be trying if all of us are dead (and we all died) after the 3rd gen popped 40 minutes into the game? Not to mention that I was pretty much the only one who was still trying to do gens while the other 2 Mikaelas were busy giving the legion more pentimento stacks.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    edited July 2022

Honest question man what exactly do you want changed?

Post edited by Gcarrara on
  • FriendlyKiller

That's my whole point. Before this you could pretty much count on at least one survivor being on a gen at all times.

So what happened? It's not like it's impossible to win as survivor you just have to actually, y'know, try

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

Glad you asked:

-Thana needs a rework. NOT. A. NERF. It needs to be valuable to all Killers who cannot guarantee 4 injured survivors like Plague/Legion/Nurse.

-DS stun looked at. 3 Seconds would be fine if the survivor animation off the shoulder didn't take up 1 of those seconds.

-Many Killer "slow down" mechanics need slight adjusting. Legion would not be so overly oppressive if mending didn't take 12 seconds EACH. They adjusted other perks to compensate increased Killer action speed so unsure why these weren't adjusted either.

-Pain Res needs a cooldown or adjustment. You can add more scourge hooks around the map as compensation or even a slightly larger regress. Being able to camp a hooked survivor AND regress distant generators should not be a thing.

At the risk of sounding like a survivor main, I cannot think of any super overpowered Survivor perks that haven't already been gutted.

Open to all thoughts.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

I've always died regardless of the game to stay in low MMR and inflate kill rates, since that's all anyone cares about. Though I mainly play killer now, so I'll be killing everyone and not getting two hooks and letting people go like I usually do.

• FriendlyKiller

Maybe it's because my survivor mmr is lower, but playing all day yesterday I had 2 tunneling killers. Folks who main survivor tend to have a pretty broad definition of those two words. As to the other matches I lost, no the killer didn't camp or tunnel. They didn't have to. I just died on first hook going to rescue a guy(who ended up dying on first hook) because two of our team just loaded into a game they didn't want to play. It's infuriating hanging on hook seeing Claudette having a siesta in the killer shack and Jake apparently preparing a bubble bath in Garden of Joy main house. I get it's going to take a while for survivors to adjust to this patch so when I switch back to killer I slow my roll a bit but as for my survivor games can you guys stop being babies

JUST TRY PLEASE

• MaudetteClorel
    MaudetteClorel Member Posts: 83

And I want my solo Q teammates to do gens and not go down in 3 seconds. But here we are.

The main problem with all these balances and changes is that if a Bubba wants to camp - he's still gonna camp,even if the devs gave him millions of incentives to leave the hook. Some people just do it out of spite, some do it because they enjoy the end-game salt and others do it because it's a guaranteed win to camp one survivor to death until a gen pops since a 3v1 scenario when gens take even longer is unwinnable on the survivor side.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Survivors throw games, killers let people escape and games with a DC are excluded from the stats... then they use it to balance the game

• spiritsLeftball
    spiritsLeftball Member Posts: 173

I think it’s less to do with DH and more to do with legion haha

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I been tunnel and camp in most of my matches (if I'm first one hooked) if your first hooked your dead

basekit BT does nothing unless your also running BT I'll try save Trade hooks if I have to and killer downs me then still go for the unhooked survivor killers right now are on power trip..

sorry it true

killer right now feel a lot easier now but some killer are trying harder now for some reason.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

So you want the Devs to do something about an artificially created statistic because you THINK killers need to be nerfed because survivors can't do anything so have to kill themselves on hook to make the devs think that the kill rates are too high that are being created by survivors killing themselves to inflate kill rates? My mind got a little dizzy after that...

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I've stopped doing gens because ever since the update none of my teammates do gens. What's the point? It earns crap for BP. I go around the map and cleanse totems and search chests until I die. I don't like doing 3 gens by myself just to die first and get almost no BP; you do gens to escape, but escape is impossible when no one else is doing gens, so it's just a waste of time.

Why did all my random teammates stop doing gens? I dunno. I've always had a problem with survivors crouching around the edges of the map and hiding in lockers instead of participating, but since the update I'm also having matches where people do nothing but swarm the killer and sandbag teammates. Once I got the new Tome Challenges done I completely stopped playing survivor because solo queue is miserable, I'm not freakin' putting myself through that with no BP incentive.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

I want the Dev's to acknowledge there is a problem, whatever it takes.

They can collect their own data on inflated Kill rates if they chose/cared.

Try not to get too worked up.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

The problem to me sounds like its people killing themselves on hook or feeding themselves to the killer. So let's hope they do do something about that.

• FriendlyKiller

I honestly think Thanas effect is more psychological then impactful in game. It's rare as killer for it to give me that extra bit of time to stop a gen from popping.

I actually agree about the ds stun.

Legion is annoying sure. But his counterplay hasn't changed in years stay injured rush gens he's hardly oppressive even with slowdowns. He's one of the only killers I 4 outed since the patch dropped.

Pain res? It's ok, I mean it's a strong perk but especially after the nerf I think it's in a good spot. Killers are going to have strong perks, just like survivors. That doesn't mean the best killer perks should be auto nerfed

The biggest problem with solo q imo? Lack of teamwork. It's a 4 v 1 game. Survivors have had years of basically being able to solo the killer. Now if you don't rescue teammates work gens whenever possible heal injured teammates stealth when possible run the killer for at least 30 seconds when found? Chances are that's a loss. And that's what's driving me crazy about these survivor games I play enough killer to know we COULD HAVE won!

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Just like survs? Survs don’t have strong perks, only meme perks

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436
    edited July 2022

It's not a planned, deliberate attempt to throw games; it's like just upset people trying to throw games.

I do like it because it is possible to escape and you can actually do more against tunneling and camping killers than you could pre-patch if you bring OTR (and possibly an exhaustion perk. Also, if you don't want to rely on other people that much Deliverance).

The people who DC or suicide on hook are just hurting their teammates and not accomplishing anything. BHVR doesn't include matches with DCs in their kill rates and I'm pretty sure they can figure out someone who dies on first hook in 20 seconds is throwing the game.

The only thing that is being accomplished is making the game harder for the other survivors who are trying. In the case of a DC or suicide on hook, I don't blame BHVR or the Killer for the less pleasurable game; I blame the DCer.

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331

My first game post update had a Felix self caring through sloppy. Even when the killer showed up, he just kept self caring. His only perk was tier 1 self care

• FriendlyKiller

You played just to inflate kill rates? Am I reading that right? Bro, why?

• FriendlyKiller

This. Exactly this. Just had another game vs Trickster 2 gens done 1 hooked then someone dc'ed. That game was winnable. All it takes is ONE person with your mentality to torpedo an entire team if you just want bps play killer at least you won't ruin the game for three others

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I adjust my gameplay if I actually see teammates trying, and I'll do gens then. But in general other survivors aren't doing gens so I don't bother, either.

I see this as killer a lot too where even though I'm not pressuring gens they take like 10 minutes to do them. I'm not gonna beg you guys to do gens, but I'll make you stay in this match until you do them, don't think I won't. (Unless they DC. Some do DC. It's nuts. Free escape, it'd be fast if they just actually bothered, but they'd rather take a time-out penalty.)

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

What's funny is that survivor told killers to just adapt when the ruin changes happened. Seems they can't even bother to try adapting to changes themselves.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

The devs can split the data out from when people intentionally throw the game like that so it's a pretty stupid way to protest.

• thisisntmax

I play for fun and to give people MMR they don't deserve so I don't have to play with them and can go lower and lower and mess about as much as I want to. :)

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Can you at least get the gates open and everyone out and then sacrifice yourself to the Killer so you don't shaft the other survivor players?

• thisisntmax

That's what I do on normal games when it isn't boring or with deadweight teammates. Do gens, get gates open, suicide save, die.

• Maxx_Calin
    Maxx_Calin Member Posts: 86

Technically Overcome and Dead Hard are in essence the same perk. The only difference is that u have to get hit by the killer to get a speed boost. So when u look at it that way. All Dead Hard mains have to do is switch to Overcome to compensate for the Dead Hard nerf.

I've only ever thrown a match when there is me and one other survivor with 3 or more gens to cause at that point unless u are really good at finding the hatch. U are sure to lose.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,495

Let me correct your title a little: Weak survivors are literally throwing games.

Here, thats better.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451
  • Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162

How were they OP? Because they had an exhaustion perk that you didn't know how to bait out? Or because they had a perk to escape tunneling (DS) that just got nerfed and you didn't like being stabbed after tunneling and downing? I await your logic.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited July 2022

End Game DS was indeed a problem, and highly abusable, you down a survivor with it near an exit gate and they were guaranteed to escape, but that's not an issue any more. It didn't need another nerf to 3s as well though.

DH was also abusable, using it purely for distance didn't require any skill or require the killer to 'bait it', it just artificially extended chases, and it was especially bad at exit gates. It could also be used to completely negate killer powers, like bear traps, and shock blast. It's in a much better place now. It still works as it used to for tanking hits, same duration of 0.5s, and if you use it correctly and do tank the hit, you still get the speed boost. But now it's not used for whiffing powers or free distance.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

Holly is a cold blooded killer who doesn't care how she gets her kills as long as she gets to kill so she's fine with it

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2022

killers starting to complain about SB and Lithe? Where? Please point me. I need to see.

Post edited by EQWashu on