The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Orange glyphs are very unpleasant

Laluzi
Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Playing an entire game with a visual distortion and constant white noise is deeply obnoxious. I went in thinking the debuff would be a status effect like it is on blue glyphs, and even when my expectations were something like game-long blindness or a slight speed penalty... somehow this was worse. It's not even hard, it's just grating. I spent the whole match wanting the game to be over, and from the sound of the challenge description, it's just going to get worse with every level of the tome.

Like... yeah, it is more challenging to play when there's a level of noise in the background (or at least it will be once it ramps up), but this isn't something I ever want to see again after this tome. If this is the most novel idea they could ascribe to a new glyph, then maybe we don't need a new glyph type with every tome, you know?

Comments

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

I thought it was fun - though Im curious that it says the effect will escalate in future tome levels. I wonder how it'll get worse? 😅

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

Shadowborn makes this challenge very easy.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

I just did my Orange Glyph and I got to enjoy a neat little overlay and some some pleasant sounds. It didn't even feel like a challenge and I got it done quite easily in one game. Almost a shame I only get to do it once.

These are challenges not cakewalks. They are also optional.

I look forward to the next orange glyphs, I actually think they did a pretty good job.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

I very nearly went afk, this challenge physically hurts

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

The round I completed the orange glyph challenge was actually a difficult round despite the glyph. The glyph just made me want to smash my Playstation on the ground. Not really, but that's just how annoyed I was from it.

• Laluzi

This is mostly how I feel about it. I wasn't quite so badly affected, and I count myself lucky, but the principle is the same. I didn't find it difficult, just... uncomfortable. And I don't think 'uncomfortable' is good challenge design.

Surprised to hear a few people liked it. I guess there's different strokes for everyone.

• ktdans
    ktdans Member Posts: 1

I made the mistake of doing this challenge as the Huntress. The visual effect wasn’t a problem, but the white noise combined with her lullaby was totally obnoxious.

• catnipthegreat
    catnipthegreat Member Posts: 81

you just described playing against the Dredge. except the orange glyph isnt trying to kill you. 😂

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Imagine you didn't know what the effect was and played Spirit....

• ciaranr1997
    ciaranr1997 Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 12

Its somehow even worse on nurse, its only showing during her blinks for some reason but it made me feel incredibly motion sick.

Clip:

https://medal.tv/games/dead-by-daylight/clips/tpWXdr89_Hlr8/d1337S45evsf 

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

The issue isn't the glyph being challenging. The issue is lack of accessibility. No gameplay element should cause players physical pain. A feature that gives players severe headaches or worse is simply bad design.

• Laluzi

F in chat 😫

I think I'm somewhat resistant to the white noise because, well, Plague main, but at least that one goes away at some point.

• zombiehunger
    zombiehunger Member Posts: 4

This challenge is impossible for me. I feel ill within minutes if interaction with the glyph. Really hoping they change this up as the description makes it sound like it will only get worse.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

I did it in the first game after selecting this mission.

What can I say: I was shocked about the view with the Glyph, but at the same time, I felt "surprised" and said to myself: "Nice, something special".

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

Also I noticed when affected by this glyph I sometimes stop seeing scratch marks.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

At first it looks like not a big deal, but I got my first 0K with it since patch release. Funny thing is that on next pages it is promised to be more severe 😊

On the other hand, it's a challenge. Challenges and achievements have to be hard.

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279

i am a ui ux designer and i approve this design of orange challenge glyph on screen really unpleasant for the eye. Confusing focus of user and not eye friendly. They really need a rectify on HUD this challenge

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,828

Dunno what's up with BHVR, first Ghostface migrain music and now a migraine sound effect that lasts the ENTIRE MATCH even if your challenge is completed. Almost feels like we're getting pranked.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

There's a difference between challenging and physically painful.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

It was not fun - suggest change this glyph immediately.

• Ketsu
    Ketsu Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2022

I literally can't do the Orange Glyph bc it makes me so insanely motion sick. I have chronic Headaches and an illness that affects my Balance and makes me get dizzy super easily (Like I can't even drive for 20min without throwing up).

And having this Noise and effect on ur Screen makes it impossible for me to play. I had to turn off my Screen and put the Headphones down bc I seriously felt like puking.

The Idea is neat, I guess. But it physically affecting myself and Friends of mine to the point where we can't play the Game anymore is just not okay.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,161

I did this challenge as Hillbilly and it was one of the worst experiences Ive ever had, it's disorienting and really makes me feel sick, I hope this challenge gets changed to make it more accessible to players.

• Gress
    Gress Member Posts: 31

I just finished the challenge now, and not to be dramatic but I am still reeling from a headache and I felt like I was going to throw up midway through. I feel bad for the sixth hook in my game for camping but I needed to step away.

I love the idea of different glyphs but this needs to be changed; I do not think I can handle a higher level of the glyph as is.

• VioletCrimes

It’s not challenging—it’s painful. There’s a huge difference.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Playing survivor is painful. About book, one can skip it.

• VioletCrimes

No, I mean physically painful. Causing nausea and migraines. Playing survivor is annoying.