Bring back Dead Hard and Decisive Strike

Bring back DH and DS or many of us survivors will continue to throw games on purpose just to make killer rates go up to the point that the devs will have to do something about it. Also it makes killer games boring and screws the team over and we just don't care anymore. You all can say what you want but we have already made up our minds on this completely Bullshit update. You have failed BHVR. 6 years and you have failed.

Comments

• kaskader
    kaskader Member Posts: 283
    edited July 2022

Dead hard? let this evil root in hell

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Are you new? all they did was revert the ds changes from 2018 except letting enduring work on it again this nerf should've happened years ago

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

DH is perfectly usable now. I've used it myself to some success, it just takes a bit more skill than it used to.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

I translate: "I am a professional tunneler and DS gets on my way".

I main killer but play both sides. I wouldn't care about a 20 seconds stun DS as killer, but as a survivor I do need DS to at least exist as a threat to the killer.

Don't tunnel, you will never eat a DS.

Honestly, DH first needs to be buffed back to 1 second, 0.5 second is 100% unusable.

And... it shouldn't give the exhausted status effect. it's clearly not an exhaustion perk anymore and nothing justies it being an exhaustion perk. (it needs a cooldown but it should be played with actual exhaustion perks).

It's too situational, doesn't work on most killers, doesn't extend chases (which is the point of exhaustion perks).

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

DS should go back to 5 seconds, but DH can stay in the trash where it belongs

• Marius1234456918
    Marius1234456918 Member Posts: 106

Ds should not be in the game aswell. I mean why should you be rewarded for getting killed. You played bad so the killer should have the right to hook you. Its just another perk for bronze survivors who try make this game into a survivor playground.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Even if I agree with you on DS (DH can burn in hell), "give me the change I want or I'm going to throw a tantrum only visible under a microscope" is not a compelling argument that any developer is going to listen to. Explain why the perks should be returned. Ultimatums are worthless, you're just one active player out of hundreds of thousands.

• tamsmi
    tamsmi Member Posts: 30

dead hard should maybe be brought back to 1 second duration, otherwise its just a "ping check". we all know how dbd servers can be. other than that, its fine the way it is. the exhaustion plus mending is a tad bit excessive imo, but i prefer not to use any exhaustion so it doesnt bother me lol. ds should be brought back up to 5 seconds, or if thats too much than 4 seconds at the least. as it stands rn, it grants very little protection from tunneling especially from stronger killers that can catch up quickly. the disabling in endgame is a very healthy change. no free escapes. your team has to make the choice on whether or not you're savable by taking hits or if its better off to leave you for risk of granting a killer more kills. and throwing games for artificial results is childish and unfair for your teammates who are trying to enjoy the game. dont make solo q more miserable than it already is

• tamsmi
    tamsmi Member Posts: 30

getting downed immediately after unhook when there is nothing nearby to work with is not playing badly. deciding to go after the same person all game rather than pressuring gens before you get gen rushed is playing badly. ds is the only counter survivors have to escape a tunneling killer. and its very avoidable. go for the person who unhooked or go for the people grinding out gens and you wont eat a ds

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

thats just my personal feeling. thana for example really didnt needed a buff it was a solid perk before the buff and i dont think the buff will change that mostly legion and plague use it.

i actually should look for that video because i dont know that much about regression perks but atm i really think the slowdown perks are more of a concern then the regression perks

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

DH absolutely not

I think the DS stun timer should not have been decreased but it s okay that it doesnt work after the gens are done. that was kinda really disgusting that it just gave a free escape.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 672

Ds is fine and all even if reverted back to 5 seconds but reverting DH back to 1 second? You do realize that completely negates the purpose of trying to take away the thing that made it unfair in the first place right?

DH was originally made with the purpose of avoiding getting hit, but many survivors use it to gain distance from the killer, normally to make it to a pallet, window or fix really bad mistakes, and the killer could do very little about it unless they were out in the open. The devs, after 6 years, finally said this was not the intended design they wanted for DH. They removed Dh for distance and turned it into an on demand borrowed time. In ptb, you had one whole second of Dh which wasn't as safe as old Dh, but still made up for the same amount of distance. A survivor could still Dh for distance. This is why it's 0.5 seconds. It's only purpose is to tank a hit from the killer for potentially more distance, not just give you on demand distance that guarantees you make it to the pallet, window or exit gate

• Risky_Biscuit
    Risky_Biscuit Member Posts: 95

DS I actually agree on, but if it gets reverted to 5 seconds, then they should revert the Enduring changes to allow it to reduce the stun from DS again, not just from pallets.

DH on the other hand, can stay exactly how it is currently. It was a broken crutch perk before, and now it requires the user to time it flawlessly to get use from it. No changes needed. In time, I could possibly see the window of activation needing a very tiny buff to .75 seconds, but other than that, no. It's fine as is.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,039

no way, we spend so many years to get dh nerfed, I don't mind bring ds back, but this patch is meant to nerf the meta, bring ds back will be meta again, they need to improve this anti tunnel system

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited July 2022

Stop crying and adapt.