Has this new patch killed Solo Q?

Options
WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
edited July 2022 in Polls

Yeah, so there’s been a lot of people saying with gens nerfed and second chances nerfed and some slowdown perks buffed, that Solo Q has been ruined. I do not know yet, haven’t had enough time. But, what do you think?

Has this new patch killed Solo Q? 84 votes

Yes
48%
OnryosTapeRentalsgnehehebrokedownpalaceSblitcherKillmasterLeonardo1itaSanmerich_häng_mal_rumRanchJuiceKrosseKrabbePizzaPamdemoniumGannTMHerachi_SakuraAnniehereKarao_KeTactrixwayhaughtSoloQKevAurelleEvilSerje 41 votes
No
22%
Fennmusstang62MrPenguinMattie_MayhemOGSebaOutbreakmewmewGlamourousLeviathanDBD78ElcopollodugmanThr_ustViktor1853Eve13jesterkindXendritchChikySlingshot47MirthWowie 19 votes
Feels the same
17%
KryoNovaGibberishSlaughterhouse3WalterBlackVolantConch1719TatariuCluelessChurchofPigCrowmanRainMakerODTGressAna1661K139K05AngryHobo2 15 votes
Unsure
10%
BlazelskiFilthyLegionMainWishIcouldmainAnchorTeaThatOneDemoPlayer[Deleted User]BothSidesEnjoyerSmoeNiiiCX 9 votes

Comments

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 892
    Options
    Feels the same

Sometimes I escape and sometimes I don't. Feels the same to me.

• HangryMogwai
    HangryMogwai Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Yes

It’s too easy for killers to keep up Gen pressure now. Once you’re down to the last 3, no one is escaping if there isn’t some distance between them or if the killer can teleport, not if the killer is half way decent. Patch is rewarding toxic behaviors and bad gameplay while punishing anyone not coordinate on comms.

• Sanmer
    Sanmer Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes

10 games 0 escapes so far. Nice.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options
    Yes

Yes

• Tactrix
    Tactrix Member Posts: 420
    Options
    Yes

Absolutely yes.

• Tactrix
    Tactrix Member Posts: 420
    Options
    Yes

It's not a build problem, its a tunneling and camping problem. The game before was broken but there was gen rush on the survivor side. Now there isn't. It just camping and tunneling with no gen rush. So killers will win most of the games.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,121
    Options
    No

Camping yes (though not as extreme as some would tell you), tunnelling no.

You can also absolutely still genrush with the right tools.

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063
    Options
    Yes

The gens are just not getting done all the killers I have gotten are running slowdowns on top of all the other buffs and nerfs

• AngryHobo2
    AngryHobo2 Member Posts: 103
    Options
    Feels the same

Good survivors, bad survivors, good killers, bad killers. There's honestly not a lot that's changed for me. I wager the online hysteria is mostly about players that gained high MMR with Dead Hard giving them extra space in chase. So now that they and their boosted random allies lack the perk they're dropping too quick to sustain their MMR. Give it time and it'll all work itself out.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options
    No

No I still escape a lot but next thing they need to do is give solos more information. Because low rank solos have always struggled, so it should be even worse now.

But this patch was needed. And survivors will get better when they learn how to play without DH.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options
    Unsure

Give the Survivors some time to adapt and they'll start consistently escaping again

• Pamdemonium
    Pamdemonium Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes

Dbd ha muerto con este nuevo parche,al menos para los que jugamos de superviviente,demasiados cambios casi todos para los asesinos....llevo jugando 6 años como mi juego preferido online...y creo que dejaré de jugarlo ya no te diviertes.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 626
    Options
    No

as a solo player now I have finally some slight fun playing as survivor, so definitely not

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options
    No

Survivor-wise I've been almost exclusively solo-queue player since January 2020. At the time of the update I was Silver 2 Grade with 0 pips. Right now I am Silver 1 Grade with 3 pips. Which means I "ranked up" at least 8 times since the Mid-Chapter went live two days ago.

I see absolutely no difference in the gameplay. Random teammates are just as dumb from time to time, killers are just as eager to camp, slug and tunnel even if they are Nurse or Blight with 4-5 gens up. Nothing has changed there. +10 seconds on a gen and most killer-perk buffs are almost negligible. Killers are still loopable and outplayable. The game quite literally feels the same gameplay-wise as before the update. And I genuinly don't understand what people are whining so much about. I get the feeling most of those complaining are just sad that they don't have an easy band-aid fix to any mistake 24/7, which Dead Hard pretty much was. And now they can't even escape without it.

Solo-queue wasn't "killed" or made worse. It's same as always. The only difference is that killer feels smoother to play and survivors have 2 less absolutely bs perks, which Dead Hard and Decisive Strike always were. Good riddance, I say. Lithe, Sprint Burst, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Prove Thyself, Boons, Off the Record, Lucky Break, Kindred, Deliverance are still there intact. BT is now basekit and buffed. Although you can still be tunneled - you can't just as easily get "farmed" off hook anymore. And rushing gens isn't any less easier than a week ago.

I literally see no problem with the update. Apart from me still being a bit sad about BP bonuses removed from BBQ and WGLF.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options
    No

I'm escaping just as much as I was before just needed to use different perks than I was before.

• HangryMogwai
    HangryMogwai Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Yes

Might be playing with newer killers yet at that grade, seems fairly inconsistent to those playing at iridescent levels.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options
    No

You are assuming. And your assumption is false. Just like everyone else I might get "newbie" killer once in a while, sure, but most of those I encounter are more than competent enough. If grades are important factor for you (despite them playing 0 role in matchmaking) - I usually finish my month at Iridescent 4 or 3. So far don't feel like this month will be any different.

And I'm not saying that I'm escaping every single game. But even after these, in essence, minor killer buffs, I still can play well enough to leave the match with result of +1 without much problem (which is a win imo). And the only times when it does become hard to pip, is when my teammates begin to instantly give up and ruin the match for everybody, not killers.

• Mirth
    Mirth Member Posts: 2
    Options
    No

Not until they start expecting me to have Sole Survivor regularly. Then, yes.

• Fenn
    Fenn Member Posts: 33
    Options
    No

solo q is fine, i escape most of the times. The times I’m not, is because of bad team mates that either not doing gens or doing gens while their team is dying on hooks. Way to many survivors dc or suicides on hooks if they get caught as the first, that needs to be addressed. But other than that, I think solo q is in a very good state right now.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options
    Unsure

Less of that it was ruined and that it was just made a little bit worse. Yet I can't seem to pinpoint WHAT exactly went wrong here but it just... feels off.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    No

I know others are having a hard time, but I can't say that I've had a bad time myself. I'm having an even balance of deaths and escapes, and I'm having fun learning to use new perks, trying new builds, and practicing my chases. I don't think that this patch encouraged anymore tunneling or camping than usual, and I'd argue that this is more the result of the game's overall mechanics rather than 10 seconds of additional gen time.

Sure, survivor isn't easy, but when has it ever been? The best advice I can give for right now is to not give up. There are still ways to have fun with the game. If it is too stressful for you, though, it's okay to take a break too.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Yes

Yes for the majority. DbD is one of the games that played by lots of casual players (I think I could go in this category too). New changes put on line casual killers vs good survivors. If you are a top-tier pro gamer, it doesn't changed much for you for SoloQ. You are still a threat to a killer and can compete without a problem (escpecially if there are 4 of you). But if you're average player (even in SWF), you were obliterated before, and now it's even worse. Really unappealing for many players.

• Herachi_Sakura
    Herachi_Sakura Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Yes

I played about 30 rounds since the update as a survivor and have escaped just once. Overall it is just way more frustrating especially since gen slowdown is still meta and most people tunnel.