losing to baby killers thanks to the stupid killer buffs

before any of you say "oh you need to learn to loop without dead hard. thats all"... i have 3k hours in this game. i didnt use dead hard that often either. i LIKED looping without it. or any exhaustion because it felt that much satisfying to know i had a long chase WITHOUT any help. so now that we have that all cleared up:

i miss facing good killers!! killers with good mind games, who knew how to pressure gens, and when you lost to them you could say "he played really well. ggs" all i get are a bunch of boosted baby killers who don't know how to mind game and now they don't have to learn because the game just hands them the win. You cant simultaneously make gen times longer as well as make chases shorter. survivors dont have enough time to get anything done before the killer comes to interrupt. every game feels too exhausting.

i used to play killer and survivor equally, im red ranked in both, but since the patch i have been playing killer a lot more because its wayyyy easier and less stressful. yesterday, i got adept on 6 killers i had never even tried before... do you know how many games it took me? 6....... ITS TOO EASY. THERES NOT EVEN A CHALLENGE.

BHVR, I think you went WAY overboard with these killer buffs. a lot of the perk changes were nice. good job. no complaints (except maybe thana. thats miserable).. but the amount of base kit changes in the killers favor is ruining the survivor experience.

Comments

• tamsmi
    tamsmi Member Posts: 30

im sorry where did i request that? i said i wanted killer buffs toned down a bit. the only reason im losing to people worse than me is because they are buffed beyond belief

• tamsmi

i do run killers still thank you very much. would you like to see my clips? i have many. the problem is, the gens still dont get done with the longer gen times. ESPECIALLY when you factor in all the slowdown perks these killers are stacking.

• tamsmi

i think solo q plays a part in it you're correct. but ive literally had games where we could barely finish one gen thanks to thana, jolt, scourge, pop or whatever else they wanted to stack on TOP of the slowed gen times. and this is with everyone really trying to do gens. you get a small map and a killer with stacked slow down and high mobility and its just gg

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233
    edited July 2022

Thana: 100% didn't need the buff and besides legion/plague there are tons of healing options that get better and better every update

Jolt: I only see being a problem on nurse or survivors grouping up for absolutely no reason

Pain Res: Actually shouldn't exist in the way it is. Was buffed with gen time increases and it can take like 20 seconds of worked time if 4 stacks thana is active while they did the time

Pop: basically a joke now since it only beats out Pain Res when the gen is >75% by a small margin

Overcharge: Ehhh after ptb nerf

COB: Actually pretty alright still since it's 60 seconds of ruin with surveillance info. The real issue you might not have noticed is that there is a bug and it regresses even after you tap the gen without giving an indication it might also happen with overcharge or it happens only with overcharge not sure

Dying Light: Pretty bad unless you happen to be chasing non obsession always and get lots of hooks quick

Gift of Pain: Might combo with thana a little too well since it's a strong 16% ignoring other injured survs and if survivors heal to counter thana they heal slower too. If they don't heal against a competent killer they will be at risk of having too short of a chase and can't go for unhooks.

If you're not going against an insanely strong killer and people are actually doing gens immediately you will still pop 2-3 gens first chase before any slowdown is really going to start showing itself. The problem is that people simply don't do gens and generally your teammates are going to be very bad and stealth a lot.

I think a lot of the gen slowdown could be tweaked some since combined they can be a little oppressive w/ new gen times + the value of the remaining gen regression increasing with the time worked vs % gained being way worse.

• tamsmi

remember this has only been since the update. hence the reason im here in this chat

• tamsmi

do yall ever think that if a brand new killer is getting 4k's on survivors that have upwards of 1k, 2k and 3k hours they might be buffed a little too much? maybe the answer isnt that the 3k hour player doesnt know how to play? like come on. be serious

• xphillipx
    xphillipx Member Posts: 36

I can see your confusion here, you hide the entire match and get hatch after your team dies trying to do the objective. Nothing has changed for you since the update so you can't understand why people think this way about how the recent overall killer buffs on top of nerfing the 'default' survivor loadout at the same time creates an unwinnable scenario for normal players. This thread is more for the people who run the killer AND do objectives.

• LeFennecFox

What is this even supposed to be mean? I run m1 killers for 1-2 mins unless the map is dead and s tiers for much longer than the average joe while being a gen jockey otherwise. Have I been winning less after the update due to teammates not doing gens and going down sooner? Sure but that's purely because of solo queue just as before you could run the killer forever and have no gens pop. Have you yet to get a match where all 4 teammates can loop and do gens because it's rather obvious when the last gen pops with the killer only having 5-6 hooks even running these "op" slowdown builds because survivor is still the stronger role against almost every killer if people have a brain.

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35

Just don't listen at them, who says that you're a baby survivor if you can't loop killer better than before is brainless and unable to reason putting himself in the shoes of both sides.

(I'm talking as a red-rank survivor and killer) Killers are incredibly easy now, because of the new update on gens repairing duration.

If you do some calculations, you'll get that no one is so stupid to not understand that camping is worth now.

You got 50 seconds more to do whatever you want, and if you get a survivor in the early game and you camp it, It's a free kill.

Even with 2 gens left, a killer can manage the rest of the game, and the new little buffs on kicking, Thanato, etc. helps who had a bit more difficult in chasing.

It's no pleasant at all to play in SoloQ now, that's why I stop to play DBD.

If you want to have some fun, just go in SWF, that's the only way.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,404

That is not my experience. I play against Thana almost every game, but its just makes it boring sometimes, not impossible.

Noone uses pop anymore, i saw ruin once and i had no game where dms was annoying. Eruption can be strong bc i have no way to tell, when someones get downed. Pain res doesnt matter really bc the killer does not find the gen most of the time. Well, i had a survivor, who wanted to counter pain res, and 99ed the gen, while i was slugged next to it. It lost us a gen and the game and made no sense.

And that brings me to the real problem. Teammates. They quit really often. Mostly after the first down. I had one guy dc on first down, when we only had 2 gens left. Its the mindset of the player: oh killer buff, it is so hard, i give up. Its so annoying.

I agree that camping needs to be nerfed and tunneling is still a problem, but in most cases, survivor leave before the killer does anything like that.

• Fenn
    Fenn Member Posts: 33

Totally agree. Often in the games I lose is not caused by resent patch, but because of teammates giving up. Playing 2-3 survivors with 5 gens left, is near impossible to win.

• DeadByCommunity
    DeadByCommunity Member Posts: 157

"Complains about losing to bad or baby killers" if there that bad an your losing to them why would you want to play people who are good? Even with the minor buffs to killer the game is fundamentally the same an a baby killer shouldn't even understand how to pressure, counter loop or even understand how to properly play to win het from what this post saying makes it seem like it's a solo Q problem which has always been a thing regardless of your a baby losing to babies.

• Huntressmain_1223
    Huntressmain_1223 Member Posts: 153

Oh stop over reacting and I wish survivors just said "GG" to me when I clearly had a good game with them but that never happened lol

• LDominating
    LDominating Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2022

In my opinion there needs to be done some survivor buffs or nerf some anti looping killers...

Anti looping is everywhere despite that 80% of the maps have been modernised to make looping harder and mind gaming easier...

It's got to be reduced..

Oni drifting,Billy,Blight,Deathslinger,Huntress,Bubba etc..just tone it down a bit.

That or we remove Nurse,it's a fair trade imo.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

"i miss facing good killers!! killers with good mind games, who knew how to pressure gens, and when you lost to them you could say "he played really well. ggs"

This is the section where you request stronger opponents. I know written recall is not everyone's strong suit, but come on. You wrote the thing.

• tamsmi

you dont understand my post lol. the complaint is because i shouldnt be losing to killers who dont really know what they are doing but yet they are being carried by gen slow down and perks. thats the whole point. the quality of killers i go against is decreasing because the game is so easy for killer now, baby killers are getting artificially inflated mmr scores and stomping on survivors who have been playing for way longer. when i said i miss going against good killers, i meant that i miss losing because i got ouplayed and not because their build was just unable to be countered

• Onyx
    Onyx Member Posts: 214

Can you run a baby killer for more than a minute and still win the game?

• tamsmi

people can argue on this all day. but at the end of the day, the player count doesnt lie. the queue times dont lie. its very clear to see that the MAJORITY of players are upset with the patch and therefore some kind of change needs to happen. otherwise killer queue times are going to get longer and longer as less people are going to want to put up with how absolutely brutal it feels to play survivor right now

• LeFennecFox

If my teammates are gen jockeys as they're supposed to be since that's the entire objective of the game I will win

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,930

less looping is now possible cause bhvr changed the regular speed looping happens at.

• tamsmi

very well written. im not the best at wording things so im sure thats where all the hate is coming from lol. you said it much better than i could. i would like to clarify that the only reason i felt the need to include my "rank" and hours in the game is because ive found in the past people didnt take my game knowledge seriously if not included :)

• Onyx

Which won't happen because if you are going against baby killers it also means you have baby teammates, so good luck with that. I am tired of people going "If YoU aRe GoInG aGaiNsT BaBy KiLlErs WhAt DoEs ThAt Say AbOuT yOu?" like, it says that I lost so much that my MMR is now very low or that simply matchmaking put me with them. I have over 2k hours in this game and, while I don't see myself as the best, I still know how to loop, but sometimes I make mistakes, anyone can, but it doesn't matter, because if my teammates are not good, then nothing will happen in that time. So yeah, you CAN still go against baby killers even if you are a good survivor, it's just that now killers have it easier even when they play poorly.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

stealth do exists, if you don't know anything but looping, you are still a baby survivor.

ultimately you can tank MMR by utilizing hatches if you care about it that much, so there is really no counter argument against "you are also the baby survivor".

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

I have unironically seen a 7.5k hours player that sucked. I think this obsession over how many hours people have is kinda useless. For one reason or another, some people just dont dont improve after a certain skill level, or even get worse with time.

• LeFennecFox

So is this a problem with the killer buffs or solo queue/mmr in general?

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

I used to lose 2-3 gens on the first chase as pig, that was pretty common for an M1 killer.

Now I often get 2-3 hooks before the first gen. It might be a factor that que times take too long so MMr might be sending me babies, although I mostly do get P10s in the lobby who know how to fake windows etc. and just the fact that killer ques used to be instant and now take longer than survivor ques used to

• Onyx

This is an issue with soloq. The killer buffs are good, but it doesn't help that soloq has been left behind yet again

• MaudetteClorel
    MaudetteClorel Member Posts: 83

since the patch dropped I keep losing to 300-400hours killers and I’m a 2.2k hours survivor main.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690
    edited July 2022

Your logic is flawed.

If you run the killer, the slowdowns mean little. What slowdowns? Thana, that is only really good on Legion, a killer that cannot down you with their power in a purely 1v1 situation?

Overcharge/CoB? A perk that requires the killer to drop chase to kick a gen? Or Pain Res, the perk that requires you to go down. Oh, maybe Pentimento, a perk that literally does NOTHING unless you decide to do totems, which means you screwed up.

On their own, the upped gen times mean little. An extra 50 seconds is nasty, but since everyone ran Pop/Ruin when the gens were 80, you had far more than just an extra 50 seconds to do.

If you are losing to "baby" killers, you either suck or your team sucks.

• Ni7rogen
    Ni7rogen Member Posts: 80

The game forces to actually play as survivor now, which is good, though I see why it worries you, don't worry, either try to change your gameplay or wait till next balance patch that will probably nerf killers.

• tamsmi

ive actually put some thought into this since posting and i dont think killers specifically need a nerf, its more the combination of the gen times with all the slow down perks thats more of an issue. and people have made really good points about solo q needing some form of a communication buff. i like the ping idea. something like what vhs currently has.

• tamsmi

since posting ive noticed games are pretty much the same when played in a swf. maybe a little more thought about whether or not you can make the distance from one loop to the next after taking a hit. so ive come to the conclusion solo q just sucks xD

• MaudetteClorel
    MaudetteClorel Member Posts: 83

Haven't met a killer yet who didn't run thana paired with either jolt, DMS or pop.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

The killer buffs are barely noticeable. You can still chain pallets. The drama is ridiculous on you survivor mains. An extra 10 seconds to gens, bring prove thyself and overzealous.

• tamsmi

i thought bringing the same perks every game was frowned upon.... the reason for the perk overhaul in the first place? makes games boring and predictable? and dont call me a survivor main i play both thanks. im here speaking on game issues as a player of the game. not to be on a "side"

• tamsmi

exactly. the unpredictability of survivor builds has been quite refreshing in comparison. killers clearly still have their meta builds

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

huh? probably you don't know game machanics then, git gud.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 743

it seems that you never were a good survivor and only relied on Dead hard to survive...

• tamsmi

i didnt use dead hard. thanks for assuming you know me tho. or maybe you read that already and youre just here to be troll

• tamsmi

and again. not one complaint in my post was about any of the nerfed survivor perks. not once have you seen me cry for the devs to bring back dead hard so what makes you think that i ever needed? i love how someone has a complaint and because that complain is about a SURVIVOR experience, killers think its because of dead hard. frankly im sick of hearing about dead hard. i hope dead hard stays dead so i never have to hear people cry about it anymore. anything else you wanted?

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

I think the problem is that the new killer meta is very obvious whereas Survivors need to adapt now. Usually it was the other way round (surv meta being DS, DH etc and killers needed tome to think of new stuff).

Give it time.

• MakeThemScream
    MakeThemScream Member Posts: 64

Sorry, but you are wrong. You got adepts with killer you did not play before, because you are matched with new or low skilled survivors in that case, because the mmr for these killers is not the same as for killer you play with. But you know much more than the survivors you are facing about the game, so you are at an advantage and win with adepts. I tried to get the adept on some killers i played with some months and it was not easier for me since the update, because the people I am matched against are not new to the game and on my skilllevel or above.

It is always like that. You can get the adepts way easier, when the Killer is new or you never played them before.

And then the second thing, I read some complaints about bad killers or survivors. You all seem to forget that there is a crossover with AoT right now which only purpose is to gain new players. So yeah, there are some new players in the game. And because of the mmr, you might be matched with them. Teach them some things about the game, have fun and move on the next match.