The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Heal teching is an exploit and nobody is talking about it

2»

Comments

• NightmareKT
    NightmareKT Member Posts: 228

Thats would be great. If i cant grab down survs while they are being healed. i expect to be able to grab the healer. Love it

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited July 2022

you can't grab a survivor thats healing. thats the issue that is caused by this, you can only hit them and let the slug crawl while wiping your weapon. if you have multiple healthy survivors doing it, the downed one can make more distance than you might think if they all get a congo line going.

Also worth noting you can't grab people going for hatch anymore, and you can only grab people vaulting if they're injured.

• Ryuhi

I was thinking more picking up the downed survivor, with the pushing aside being to prevent them from immediately going for a flashlight save while the killer is animation locked. I would also be ok with the survivor who gets pushed aside taking a health state for trying to abuse it.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Well you cant grab Survivors on every action they perform, you cant grab healthy Survivors vaulting or Survivors healing injured either. Being unable to grab during an action is not something exclusive to healing downed people.

• Ryuhi

The issue is forcing the blade wipe and allowing the crawling person to gain distance, its a forced lose/lose that people use to let slugs crawl out the exit.

• HectorBrando

So? being left between the wall and the pallet as Survivor because you entered the tile from the wrong side and threw it wrong is a lose lose situation too since you are eating a hit unless the Killer is orders of magnitude bad, it shouldnt be changed just because there isnt anything you can do, you made a mistake you pay the price.

Having someone heal tech and then crawling to the Exit Gates is the same, the Killer messed up and lost that Survivor, its only normal he pays the price and if this is happening to anyone on a daily basis (I doubt it, real heal teching situations are super rare) then equip SBFL and be done with it.

• Ryuhi
    edited July 2022

having a swf to keep congo line healing and taking hits is not even remotely the same as misrouting a loop and I honestly don't know what logic you could use to compare the two. also your argument is based on "the killer making a mistake and paying the price" and their mistake was.... downing a survivor? having other survivors exist and be able to heal each other? you could at least try to use bodyblocking or other similar strategies as a comparison point.

Oh, and speaking of, remember when myers could bodyblock people and stalk them for free? It was their fault for getting trapped, but yeah, that got removed.

• HectorBrando

The mistake was letting the 5 gens get completed and the Exit Gates being open, thats a huge mistake, almost a game losing mistake, almost a big of a mistake as being Survivor and the Killer having 10 hooks on the bag.

• Ryuhi

alright, you don't understand balance as a concept, got it. I'll stop trying to make sense of it.

• HectorBrando

I do understand balance as a concept, healing someone and you not being able to lift him has been in the game since forever and its most definetely not an exploit because as far as I know its been there since release and it has counters, first is not messing up and ending in that situation, second use SBFL.

• Ryuhi

"not being in that situation* is not a counter, and you're expecting an entire perk to be able to counter a jank interaction that bhvr refuses to address. Not only that, but STBFL only does anything if you have stacks, and you lose stacks for hitting the obsession, so its not even a reliable counter. I guess you need to also run fire up to give it some forced value in that situation, right? You've been factually wrong multiple times in trying to make your argument, and the rest relies on forcing perks or "just git gud idk" instead of actually considering the interaction might be flawed in its current state.

• HectorBrando

It isnt flawed in the slightest, it actually adds a lot of depth as it makes slugging riskier because you may not be able to lift the guy if the entire team goes for the heals, the result on the Exit Gates is a fringe case that almost never happens and getting rid of something because you lost one kill in detriment of getting rid entirely of a defense against slugging is absurd.

If you really want the kill that bad put your back into it and down the guy before he reaches the point of no return.

• Ryuhi
    edited July 2022

The exit gate scenario is literally the only one people are concerned with it. if people keep staggering little heals vs a slug all that does is let you reset their progress by waiting and smacking them the second the heal finishes (and hoping theres no soul guard in play.) The reason people call it "heal tech" is because like anything with -tech thrown at the end, its something players do to exploit an advantage (read: not the same as exploiting the game) in a design oversight. FoV tech, for example, is when you get so close to the killer that their low FoV makes you considerably more difficult to see and keep track of. Many people (myself included) have both seen and used the exit gate strategy to deny late kills, usually after one or more survivors take a bodyblock or two to make sure the injured one reaches the gate in time to do it.

That said, your insistance on "If you really want the kill that bad put your back into it and down the guy before he reaches the point of no return." means you're ok with removing all second chance perks/items/etc from the game, right? Why is BT basekit now and the perk version buffed even more than it used to be when it both bails you out from a bad play by design, but also requires you to have been outplayed to get there in the first place? Could it be that there are other factors that are more important?

• HectorBrando

Its also the fringe case that happens almost never and "people are concerned"? nobody in the forum has complained about this except this thread which even claims "nobody talks about this" because very few people see this as a problem but hey, dont let that stop you from complaining about everything.

BT is not a second chance perk, is an anticamping perk designed to fight against a strategy, same as SBFL for the healing tech and if you are gonna go about perks turned into basekit buffs... didnt Killers get 2 free stacks of SBFL? This should help you against the 1 case per week you get heal teching at the Exit Gates, on a sidenote, Im up for getting rid of basekit 5 seconds BT if we also get rid of every single change we got this patch too.

• Ryuhi
    edited July 2022

almost never bruh ive personally done it 5 times in the past few weeks and i hardly ever play, and only do solo at that.

Anyway enjoy your mental gymnastics, you very clearly are unwilling to take any other perspective than your own.

• HectorBrando

Yeah... not buying it, been playing Survivor these last weeks before the nuke and it was as rare as ever, dont see it in my Killer matches and not seeing it on streamers matches either.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

That's not the same, you can grab the survivor, but you can't interact with the object (kick gen or hook a survivor). In this thread's instance, the items being interacted with is the downed survivor, so you can't pick them up. It would be more logical if you were able to grab the healing survivor, but healing is an exception to the rule for whatever reason it is.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

What? The hell?

One thing I will agree with,is please for the love of GOD FIX THE HEALING HITBOX. The amount of times your attacks just get scammed out of existence when a survivor is healing someone else on the ground is stupid.

• TheEmeraldTuber
    TheEmeraldTuber Member Posts: 41

Hey guys, this was an awful take that I made while I was very salty, and I have been too proud to call myself out on it. Sorry for even thinking this was an exploit, but I still think that the hitbox needs fixed and at least let you grab a survivor healing another survivor or something. But it's not an exploit.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

This is the dumbest conversation I've seen in a while. Are yall trolling?

Heal teching is an exploit now??? Something that is so situational, it only works if the survivor is 2 inches from the exit.

As many other people have said already: Can a killer kick a gen while a survivor is on it? Can a killer hook someone while a survivor is mid sabo? If someone is interacting with something, you have to get them off before you can interact with it. That is consistent across DBD interactions

• TheEmeraldTuber
    TheEmeraldTuber Member Posts: 41

I literally just apologized for this take. Look at the comment above.