Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Damaging a generator, an idea for a buff to that feature

Vert3x
Vert3x Member Posts: 125

Hello, I'll start saying that I'm actually a survivor main, but I find it ridiculous that to cancel the regression caused by a 2 seconds animation from the killer it just takes one tap to the generator. This is really not helpful against the genrush. As a minimum thing, it should take 2 seconds of repairing to stop the regression, but I believe that the feature itself should be buffed.

Regardless of Overcharge, which is a kind of cool perk but would maybe need a change according to my idea, I believe that as soon as the killer damages the generator (maybe make him spend a little longer animation on it, like 5 kicks in 5 seconds more or less), when survivors will interact with it there could be also a difference in the repairing speed, but mainly there should be a lower chance to trigger skill checks, and a higher difficulty in succeeding them, specially the great ones; as soon as a survivor will get a great skill check, the regression of the generator will be stopped, and also the skill check possibility and difficulty will be reset.

This idea can be varied as much as you want, but still give some chances to the killers! The base of the genrush is actually repairing so quickly that the killer doesn't make it in time to reach the generators, but this doesn't mean that for that time he makes his way to a gen he should be unable to accomplish anything but few kicks that will cause a hell slow regression that can be stopped with a millisecond tap on the survivors beloved machine!

Comments

• PrinceIpos
    PrinceIpos Member Posts: 15

i actually like the idea of a penalty to repair speed until a great skillcheck is hit, but it'll lead to even more skillcheck pros and even faster gens in high ranks because great skill checks would be absolutely needed even without ruin

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

It would be nice if when the killer kicks it the gen stops by 5%. 2 sec of repairing to stop regression sounds nice

• Vert3x

@PrinceIpos said:
    i actually like the idea of a penalty to repair speed until a great skillcheck is hit, but it'll lead to even more skillcheck pros and even faster gens in high ranks because great skill checks would be absolutely needed even without ruin

Well, the skill checks tend to be much affected by the input lag, and I believe that this was done on purpose so that even expert survivors have a chance to fail them. Besides that, it's still a must to make the regression not immediately interrupt, right now I can't actually seem to leave my Overcharge, it feels so good that they're punished when attempting to stop the regression!

@Someissues said:
    It would be nice if when the killer kicks it the gen stops by 5%. 2 sec of repairing to stop regression sounds nice

Yeah, that'd not even be so much but at least the survivor doesn't do that as soon as the killer leaves, that's just not fair, it feels like a waste of time. There could be better ways to take advantage of your damage on the gen, which could be injuring the survivors and then going back to damage the gen as they loop too much. Unless many people were on that, it will have precious seconds of regression while the survivor is healing up.

• HeManCan
    HeManCan Member Posts: 1

Damaging a generator should apply a 'Bleed' effect that slowly returns the generator to its original state.

• Vert3x

@HeManCan said:
    Damaging a generator should apply a 'Bleed' effect that slowly returns the generator to its original state.

I know, but it doesn't mean that one tap should be enough to interrupt what you called "bleeding".

@SaltyKiller said:
    They just introduced a new Killer perk Pop Goes the Weasel that instantly regresses a gen by 25%.

For sure, but we can't assume that every single killer will run it, and it probably won't be a meta. If you what you want to tell with that is simply that if I want an efficient generator regression I should use that, I can get you, but still the default generator damaging feature feels like it needs a buff.