Sprintburst nerf?

Options
Slan
Slan Member Posts: 286

With Dead Hard being nerfed, the meta's seemingly mandatory exhaustion perk needed to be changed. Although I have seen many exhaustion perks being used currently (new dead hard, agility and balanced landing), the one that is more common for me is sprintburst. And they use it the same way, as they keep repairing a generator until the killer is as close as possible to start running and gain distance. The devs have said that they would change the meta more often, so that may imply changes to sprintburst, but the community's oppinion deserves to be known as well.

Sprintburst nerf? 81 votes

Sprintburst nerf needed
4%
Gibberishgetuy45u4iuAdjathaINoLuv 4 votes
Sprintburst nerf is not a priority
13%
F60_31GlamourousLeviathanTeabaggingGhostfaceDsnoozViktor1853Alex_ConfigduyguViperzX_XBrummiVicRatlhead 11 votes
Do not touch sprintburst at all
81%
VolantConch1719BootBabyCameron10roundpittChordycepsMazoobiTaigaSillierHorizon5Malkhrimbernardo6526GeneralVAGMRoboMojoMattie_MayhemOGPlantCollectorfakebjorksnasTatariuFilthyLegionMainSeannyD115 66 votes
Rework sprintburst
0%
Erase sprintburst
0%

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

There's a reason this perk has remained basically unchanged since it was created, bar the implenetation of exhaustion as a mechanic

It takes skill and game sense to use it well and you certainly can't use it on command without heavy management of your exhaustion.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

Why always nerfs ? Why not buff overcome from 2 seconds to 3, make other options more attractive instead of nerfing every decent perks

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 286
    edited July 2022
    Options

Because I don't see Behaviour buffing exhaustion perks yet, I was trying to be realistic in the poll, that is why I didn't add "Buff" option

• catnipthegreat
    catnipthegreat Member Posts: 81
    Options

Are you kidding me 😂

Do you want us to just hook ourselves for you next ?

lol

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305
    Options

No.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

Sprint Burst is fine the way it is. It's not the best thing in the game and yes I run SB occasionally on all my builds.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

SB isn't even strong to deserve a nerf. Overcome and Lithe are stronger IMO and they are fine.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I knew this was coming.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Post edited by IlliterateGenocide on
  • Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305
    edited July 2022
    Options

Gann please forgive me for being frustrated, but you act as if people don't already complain about everything the fact that most people are saying not to touch it, it shouldn't be nerfed, and that it shouldn't be touched at least not now shows you that most people think its not in a bad place..

People can and will complain about anything even bad perks, niche perks, and perks they personally dislike. So please people don't latch onto this and turn it into us vs them. Here are some other silly op posts, it's not really that uncommon.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315993/unrelenting-is-op

I'm so sad because I can already see the people who were like "killers just going to complain about sprint burst after dead hard nerfed" use this as a gotcha lol. It's not an opinion carried by everyone and you will not see a lot of people agreeing with them mostly just frustration, bait, or personal dislike post.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

The new meta hasn't even settled in yet. Too early to tell.

• Gress
    Gress Member Posts: 31
    Options

Sprint Burst's downside of you literally being forced to walk everywhere if you don't want to blow through it instantly makes it perfectly balanced IMO.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    Options

You have to walk everywhere if you want to use sprint burst. It's a huge time waster. Leave it how it is.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Sprint Burst is perfectly fair. You have to walk everywhere just to get use out of it and it doesn't gain you that much distance in the first place. Leave it alone. Killers need to stop complaining about perks that are actually decent and balanced for survivors. Just because they're becoming meta doesn't mean they need a nerf.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Sprint Burst is probably fine as is. It didn't generate that many complaints before the patch, and it hasn't actually changed after the patch other than more people are using it in place of Dead Hard.

The only goofy thing about Sprint Burst is this kind of weird thing of "I want to still be just barely Exhausted all the time so I can instantly because unexhausted and use Sprint Burst at a moment's notice." I'm skeptical that makes the perk overpowered, but it is kind of an awkward setup.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

If you have a problem with sprint burst just run fear monger

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Sprint burst is nearing self care territory when it comes to it almost being a killer perk. If you nerf it, you are just making it another self care.

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75
    Options

I mean if you're saving it just to escape the killer you have to walk a lot but it's great for sprinting to gens or unhooks or whatever. It's a time waster only if you're constantly trying to save it.

But the fact that it's so hard to save for specific times is why I don't think a nerf is in order. At least not important at all anyway.