Stacking slowdown is too much

I have been going against people stacking 2,3, and sometimes 4 slowdown perks all at once.. and it makes it almost impossible to get out. It just feels bad... the fun just goes out the window.

Like this that I just went against..Call of Brine, Oppression, Overcharge, and Dragons Grip

Stacked slowdown + the additional gen time added with this patch... it's just really overwhelming. Solo Queue is just doomed.

Something has to be done to reverse some of the changes.. soon.

Comments

• darksouls3600
    darksouls3600 Member Posts: 237

And every single game I see this

With this new prestige mechanic, every one is using prove

• AReallyBoredHuman
    AReallyBoredHuman Member Posts: 48

4 perks that are triggered by kicking a gen isn't really that optimal of a slowdown, both opression and dragons grip have a cooldown of 80 seconds too, both overcharge and opression can be countered hitting skill checks and dragons grip isn't even a guaranteed down.

• yes_hello
    yes_hello Member Posts: 146
    edited July 2022

I hate to sound so negative and like I'm jumping on the bandwagon of hating 6.1 as a survivor, but I have to agree. I played about 20 matches today, and escaped twice lol. First 12 were miserable and resulted in no one escaping with at least 3 gens left. One escape was a hatch, and the other was a compassionate killer who let us screw around after the first person gave up on first hook. I'm going to start keeping a video log and/or screenshot log of these matches. (For the record, I don't expect to escape each time! I'm talking not escaping and lasting about 2-4 minutes a match because everyone else gives up or the meta plain and simply makes a 3 man, 5 gen scenario impossible)

"Un-fun" currently describes playing survivor for the majority of the games I've played, recently. I'd like to hope this is temporary, but it's getting worse and worse each day :(

• Neyar
    Neyar Member Posts: 65

It's almost like there's a gen speed "arms race" of sorts. Where killers have a dozen or so options to slow, regress, or block gens, and survivors have one reliable perk that can offset that.

Deja Vu is only 5% buff on specific gens, so is pretty situational for a marginal buff. The other option is Overzealous, which unfortunately is not worth running. It takes 14 seconds to cleanse a dull totem for an 8% buff, but even doing an entire 90 second gen without being hit saves you 12.5 seconds of time. You finish the gen faster without cleansing the totem, if you aren't hit, and have at most 5 charges in a match. Meanwhile Thana is highly popular and even at 1-2 stacks overpowers these buffs.

Or you can run prove, get a better buff than these two combined, and work on a gen with someone else for an even faster gen. There's no contest.

• Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 83

REGRESSION

Well, Call of Brine regress 15 % of gen in 60s. Survivor repairs 15 % of gen in 15s, solo. Overcharge regress gens at 200 % after 30s, that's about 2 mins to fully regress, survivor can do gen solo in 90s. All perks that regressed generator fast were nerfed, best atm is surge or pain resonance, that work better to just not kick gen than regress it. 15 % of pain res without any indication is not so good, surge regress 8 % which can be repaired by solo survivor in 8s.

SLOWDOWN

Thanatophobia - 4 stacks make generator takes 20s longer for solo survivor if all other survivors are injured.

Dying light - work in endgame where most likely 1 or two gens are left.

Pentimento - 30 % slowdown = 33s for solo survivor.

Thana + Dying light (6 stacks) + pentimento = 77s for solo gen. In total 167s to repair gen by self.

PERKS KILLER LOST OR ARE WEAK

Ruin

Undying

Pop

Pain resonance

PTB overcharge

PERKS SURVIVOR LOST

Self care

Iron Will

!!!Dead hard!!!

Solo q sucks because you can't play as you used to and get same chance to win, mostly due to second chances perks.