worst patch ever/ Solo, SWF, seal team 6 SWF

Options

Everyone seems to agree that solo survivors got destroyed with the last update (which is a fact).

A lot people are suggesting to buff solo survivors next patch such as giving more info with the ui. These solo buffs WONT CHANGE A THING.

The TOTAL game balance has been completely destroyed. Longer gens + faster m1 cooldown + shorter survivor sprint + faster bloodlust + endurance stacking removed + the ultra high survivability that DH gave to survivors is gone. They all work in synergy. the killer snowball effect has changed to an avalanche that happens the moment the first survivor is found. SWF was never the problem, seal team 6 SWF were, as well as killers that cry about getting beaten 1 game against normal SWF right after they 4k'd 10 games in a row.

With this patch SWF even feels completely trash, its just, not fun. (pls main killers refrain from typing "No FuN Cuz yOu cAnT buLly AnYmOre?" i dont care about bullying killers, i just want to enjoy the game like before.

Devs seem to be so out of touch and dont understand that we want balance and not a horror game that we should expect to die as survivor most of our games.

Cant wait for next patch where they change gen times from 90 to 89...

plz devs, understand "synergy"...

Comments

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

"With this patch SWF even feels completely trash"

Now that's not true at all. Any team competent and organized enough can still be really strong right now. Even without that "ultra high survivability" they got with DH, they still have sprint burst. They can pair up perks to do gens faster and actually exchange information to avoid snowballs, and they have an easier time countering perks like Thanatophobia, Pentimento, Overcharge and Eruption.

• akumaks13
    akumaks13 Member Posts: 42
    Options

the devs weren't playing their own game when they made these changes of course. The nerf to survivors has been so high that you no longer have fun playing the game.. one of the things I miss is trying to rescue someone once the engines have been completed (if you can).

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    Options

Que the killer mains and paid actors. TBF though i have ecaped solo q more than a few times, I either ran a killer who wouldn't give up, gen rushed (others did as well) or the killer was just really bad where no amount of buffs could help him.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248
    Options

If solo queue had all the information that SWF had they would need as basekit:

-bond (map wide)

-kindred

-rookie spirit (or something like it)

-The ability to see other surv's loadouts in a lobby

-a callout system (killer's on me, I'm going for the save)

These are all things that SWF get for free, and then they can play whatever perks they like on top of that. This is why solo will never be as strong as swf. If we actually did get these buffs I'm sure the community would cry and they'd be nerfed in a day anyway.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

While I do not see Kindred going basekit, I've always been in favor of giving it out for free (along with unlocking all perk slots at level 1).

The ability for other survivors to see each others loadouts is an idea I'd like to see discussed as it has some merit.

I was also thinking a ping system of some sort (like Deep Rock Galactic uses) might be useful as well. Interesting others are considering this.

• honestscript
    honestscript Member Posts: 259
    Options

i disagree, at least for me, solo was always a decent experience that always had me coming back as i made my way up to rank 1 each month. But now, im completely done with solo and feel absolutely no desire to try and grind to rank 1.

I now only play SWF, which means i barely play DBD as much as i used to.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Maybe it is because I am able to reach the higher MMR reaches with my best killers, but when I play Pyramid Head the game feels again like prepatch: gens fly really fast, survivors loop like a god, juke me in an embarrassing fashion, t.bag at every palette and the only real difference is that DH isn't a thing anymore, even though its still used by good survivors to great effect, just not that oppressive anymore, ie I don`t fear swinging at a survivor right in front of me.

Many matches with Pyramid Head end in 0-1K, unless there is an obvious soloQ player present who sometimes sticks out like a soor thumb. The seal teams have adapted pretty well, and pretty fast, too. With other killers its not as noticable as with Pyramid Head, but the games are getting tougher all around, and people who claim "any killer with half a brain cell can get a 3-4k every time" are probably not as good at the game as they always thought.

But again, I am not complaining. The killer buffs gave my gameplay a breath of fresh air, and while bullies gonna bully and seal teams gonna destroy me, it now is at least a fighting chance and not as one-sided as in the past. Camping and tunneling apparently is a bigger problem then ever and I wish that BHVR found a problem rather sooner then later that somewhat punishes camping, but especially rewards NOT camping. I don't know, show the killer the survivor who is farthest of the hook, minimum distance 24m and give them a speed boost to get over there ... or maybe even teleport to the farthest gen thats worked at, Pinhead style. This gets them away from the hook, but also back in the action and doesn't shoot the killers in the foot for abandoning the hook and not trading.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    Options

Going against these perks does that sound fun to you to play as an swf, even if you win? It's not fun. When you win those games thats only thanks to 2-3 survivors being nonstop on gens, amazing gameplay... They are removing chase interactions/gameplay from survivor and are doubling down on the gen repairing part of the game, the most boring part.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,365
    Options

Every online game that has a "pug" format is always garbage compared to pre made teams.

Even with voice.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    Options

That's BS, after the release of the game solo was great for 2-3 years and my escape rate was 50-60%. Now it's 20-30% and most games end in 4k.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

Hearing a 10yo yelling at you wont make you want to save them off the hook any faster

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

You are overreacting. Coordinated teams still better than killers. Playing with braindead solo teammates doesnt mean this game is killer sided.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542
    Options

That's were your wrong if its a pvp game where are my other 3 teammates when im the killer to make it 4vs4 16 perks on each side but its not it's 1 vs 4, 4 perks vs 16 perks so that 1 needs to be able to keep up with the 4 plus be a bit stronger as the 4 can work as a team hence the killer should be the power role, DBD is a Asymmetrical game not pvp and the killer needs to be stronger it some parts as they are limited in other parts i.e 4 perks vs 16 perks not 4 perks vs 4 perks its not a 1 v1 game its 1 vs 4 if those 4 don't work as a team that's on them.

In terms of winning 2 kills and 2 escapes to me is a draw if the killer gets more kills then 2 they won if more then 2 survivors get out then they won, its not about if people are into getting killed each match it's just how the game is by design, it should be a challenge for survivors to escape but not impossible and it should be a challenge for killers to get 4 kills and 8-12 hook states (not even bringing camping into this the killer never camped) but to do that the killer needs to be a bit stronger because they are facing 4 survivors, 16 perks, 4 items and offerings.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    Options

There are as much bad survivors as there are killers. You can't just assume killer gameplay attracts only smart people while only dumb people play survivor. Yet somehow bad killers don't seem to have any problems anymore, not even against average survivors. The moment a killer knows how to play, the game is close to decided at the beginning of the round