Apparently moonwalking is a bug/exploit and I should get banned

Just had a match against a pretty cocky swf group as Legion. I played pretty normally, had insta recover addons so I can use my frenzy more to catch up and M1 normally.
After the second wiggle DS, multiple T-bagging, flashlight clicking and pretty fast gens (3 gens in less than 3 minutes) I decided to play scummy aswell and moonwalk them to death. 3 DCed and denied my lantern points. 

Endgame chat was hilarious, saying that I'm a bug abuser and exploiter, they will report me and I will get banned.

Now, I'm pretty sure that moonwalking isn't an exploit but did the devs said anything about that? 
And yes, I'm aware that moonwalking is a scummy tech but after getting 2 wiggle strikes I have no empathy towards survivors. Btw endgame screen showed 4x Adrenalin and 4x DS just fyi.

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Moonwalk isn't a scum tactic. They came prepared to play as hard as possible and you responded by shifting up a gear. If they can't handle a moonwalking killer then the problem is on them. They're just salty they got outplayed by a basic oldschool technique.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Anythings an exploit these days. Breathing...Is an exploit.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Of course its not an exploit, there isnt even a bug to exploit?

If they claim that next time, ask them whether moonwalking is an exploit too when a survivor does it :wink:

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Devs said they would change Legion if it became meta. So congrats, we're one less game away from that happening.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Moonwalking will get you banned as hard as someone who's banned for flashlight saves.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    It's scummy, but who cares? I moonwalk when my Ruin breaks 1 minute or less into the match (which is practically every match on PS4)
  • Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

we can moon walk? where was the memo??

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@FireHazard said:

Well to be fair. Moonwalking or looking down as Legion is kinda a way were you avoid the game to register a chase, even though you are chasing at the moment. It's up to the devs to decide or define it. But it can be considered as an exploit.
    I mean if I look into a another game recently (Sea of Thieves), a technique called double gunning (pistol sniper) was considered an exploit. Even though it wasn't any bug people exploited. Just the fact that you can hipshoot immediatly switching between weapons. They didn't ban anyone for doing it. They just took it out of the game. But I wanted to say is that certain techniques can be considered unwanted design or actually exploits. It's the devs to decide.
    Currently it isn't. Just something they are concerned.

• FireHazard

@Freudentrauma said:

@FireHazard said:

Well to be fair. Moonwalking or looking down as Legion is kinda a way were you avoid the game to register a chase, even though you are chasing at the moment. It's up to the devs to decide or define it. But it can be considered as an exploit.
    I mean if I look into a another game recently (Sea of Thieves), a technique called double gunning (pistol sniper) was considered an exploit. Even though it wasn't any bug people exploited. Just the fact that you can hipshoot immediatly switching between weapons. They didn't ban anyone for doing it. They just took it out of the game. But I wanted to say is that certain techniques can be considered unwanted design or actually exploits. It's the devs to decide.

Its kind of common sense, if you're able to walk backwards physically...Then its not really an exploit, and if it WAS one for whatever reason they can't stop/fix it.

• Mc_Harty

@FireHazard said:
    Its kind of common sense, if you're able to walk backwards physically...Then its not really an exploit, and if it WAS one for whatever reason they can't stop/fix it.

They can fix Legions ######### mechanics that reward him for doing this.

• FireHazard

@Mc_Harty said:

@FireHazard said:

How? Give an example.

• Mc_Harty

@FireHazard said:
    How? Give an example.

1. A full on rework where Deep Wound isn't part of his power.
    2. Having Deep Wound no longer countdown in his terror radius

There, I gave you 2.

• FireHazard

@Mc_Harty said:

@FireHazard said:
    How? Give an example.

1. A full on rework where Deep Wound isn't part of his power.
    2. Having Deep Wound no longer countdown in his terror radius

There, I gave you 2.

Deep Wound literally exists cause of The Legion, I don't see a reason to remove it from him.

1. might work though
  • Mc_Harty

@FireHazard said:
    Deep Wound literally exists cause of The Legion, I don't see a reason to remove it from him.

Because it's a badly design mechanic? In a game full of badly design mechanics?

• FireHazard

@Mc_Harty said:

@FireHazard said:

Because it's a badly design mechanic? In a game full of badly design mechanics?

Yes...I'm not denying its a ######### mechanic, i'm saying that removing it from it removes what makes Legion...Legion. They'd have to actually rework his entire power MAYBE even change it...

• Mc_Harty

@FireHazard said:
    Yes...I'm not denying its a ######### mechanic, i'm saying that removing it from it removes what makes Legion...Legion. They'd have to actually rework his entire power MAYBE even change it...

Well, they're doing that to Freddy, so fingers crossed these under-aged ######### are next on the list.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

The fact you have a Michael profile pic makes it 10x better.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,146
    If they were smart they would have relay the info to each other saying,"killer probably gonna moonwalk".  
  • ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@Mc_Harty said:

@FireHazard said:

LMAOOOOOOOOO. Just rework F.J.S.J. already. Like, they're a band of teenagers, so they are just bound to be scumbags. Nonetheless, that's like bug reporting for bodyblocking or something. It's a technique. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it's an exploit. Quit whining. You have Adrenaline and Decisive, along with flashlights. More than enough to win. Just sad y'all gotta cry because you can't stomp someone who knows what the hell they're doing. :):)

• Mc_Harty

@ItsDaEmuDood said:
    LMAOOOOOOOOO. Just rework F.J.S.J. already. Like, they're a band of teenagers, so they are just bound to be scumbags. Nonetheless, that's like bug reporting for bodyblocking or something. It's a technique. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it's an exploit. Quit whining. You have Adrenaline and Decisive, along with flashlights. More than enough to win. Just sad y'all gotta cry because you can't stomp someone who knows what the hell they're doing. :):)

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    You should try moondashing on Pig. That gets the cheat accusations going.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Eh it is a scummy tactic since it has 0 counterplay and a really unfun way to play. Devs hopefully will fix soon. But its not like its ban worthy.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Beverly said:

The fact you have a Laurie profile pic makes it even much better <3
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    It's not. You're fine.
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    I have nothing against you doing it but every time I face a moon walking legion I just disconnect it’s not fun at all.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Peanits said:
    It's not. You're fine.
    Thanks for confirming.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    I have nothing against you doing it but every time I face a moon walking legion I just disconnect it’s not fun at all.
    Yeah I know it's totally unfun, I usually don't do it because I don't like it if a legion does this with me and it's straight boring as me playing Legion aswell. But in situations like I mentioned above I completely lose empathy towards these survivors and I will play as unfun as they did
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Are you saying that if Legion looks straight down, they can't see the Survivor and thus trigger no chase? People think Moonwalking is related to Michael Jackson. Meyers can Stalkwalk backwards to great effect. In the case of chase manipulation, though, it seems like a bad tactic and should be rectified as exploiting the mechanics to gain an unfair advantage, especially in a Killer that already feels unfun to play against.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I can't edit my post for some reason, but what would even be the point? Does it deny Survivors some advantage? Wouldn't it negate Bloodlust (in case you needed it?)

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Beverly said:

The fact you have a Laurie profile pic makes it even much better <3

AWWWWW <3

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@FireHazard said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@FireHazard said:

It's not that simple. The game has a mechanic, which defines a chase happening or not. Yes, you are able to moonwalk/walk backwards. The game allows it. But outplaying the chase mechanic on purpose to get the DW timer ticking while actually still chasing is unintended gameplay/design. Like I said. It's a definiton thing. I can understand it, if people see it as an exploit.

In your case, you probably had very toxic players to deal with. I understand, why you decided for that tactic. On the other hand, I'm not even sure, if moonwalking is so much stronger, than just down them with several frenzy hits. But's that another topic.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

A Dev on their personal stream said something along the lines of "we talk about it in the oFFice as an exploit but it's not something we ban for" My memory is pretty garbage so that isn't word for word.

Also I find it really dumb that people are still moon walking to this day. The better and easier alternative is once you've hit someone you immediately back up until the chase breaks and just follow them from a distance to avoid starting the chase back up or simply look down to the ground. I just don't understand why anyone chooses to walk backwards.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Aww, i guess we'll see you in the fog with a new identity. :p

• HavelmomDaS1
    Boss said:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean lad 
  • t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    Coriander said:

I can't edit my post for some reason, but what would even be the point? Does it deny Survivors some advantage? Wouldn't it negate Bloodlust (in case you needed it?)

The Deep Wounds status effect gives the affected survivor a bleed-out timer that only ticks down when they aren't in a chase. Strikes made during Feral Frenzy trigger this effect.

The idea behind this was that any survivor that escapes from The Legion has X amount of time to stop themselves from bleeding out into the dying state and hope they aren't found again so quickly. So, moonwalking ends the chase by the game's definition because the killer doesn't have line of sight to the survivor for a couple seconds, and so Deep Wounds starts ticking down... while the survivor is still being chased by the killer in the literal sense.

It's cheesing the game mechanics for sure and I don't like it, but unless BHVR reworks Legion or redefines how the game engine defines a chase, it's just another strategy you'll need to expect to see out in the fog.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Boss said:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean lad 

• get banned
    • make new account with DbD
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Freudentrauma said:

@FireHazard said:

Yea it's not an exploit but it is kinda cheesey and they should do something about it. Make the DW timer stop if you are in the killer's TR then moonwalking simply wouldn't be an option.

But as cheesey as it is, it shouldn't be bannable.