Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we stop rushing the easy gens first?

Ghoste
Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

Example: The Saloon gen on Dead Dawg. Without fail, my teammates do that gen early and basically hand the victory to the Killer because the rest of the gens are close together.

This way my biggest reason for hating Hawkins Laboratory. There were 2 gens on the upper floors, and every match they'd get done first. Then the Killer can just go on auto-pilot and win.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on here. But this happens so often, I swear a huge chunk of players don't realize it matters which gens you do and which you don't do.

Comments

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Its almost as bad as when they go for the one in a very fortified area, then immediately burn through every pallet in a 10 mile radius predropping them all. Its kinda of wild the things you see with aura perks.

• puncher
    puncher Member Posts: 118

Yes. More players need to be mindful of keeping the last 3 gens far apart. But in solo q, sometimes you just have to do a gen anyway and deal with the consequences later

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Always pop out the central gens first, usually main building ones

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460

My first thought was Hawkins. I always did the easy gens first.

• Gress
    Gress Member Posts: 31

I heavily agree with this sentiment. It is a big pain when I am doing a gen and I see the two in the corner pop and have to re-coordinate my playstyle and potentially abandon my gen to avoid a three gen. In maps like The Game or Midwich, my pattern is always whatever floor I'm on, then alternate unless there's like two on the upper floor.

Slightly off topic, but I do disagree with the saloon gen being the easy one though. Yes, it's easy to get to and check its progress, but the issue is if I'm a killer on the map, I can get to it easy and I can see you working on it. Sometimes it's good to knock that one out of the way so if the other two are perfectly diagonal of each other they don't get to patrol that one for free.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I'm guilty of doing the saloon gen early because I like to be able to watch what's going on in the rest of the map (it's a great vantage to see who the killer is and how they play), but I do move towards the center if I spawn in a corner. Drives me nuts when it's Thompson House and everyone does shack gen at the start, house gen next, and leaves those ones stranded in the middle of the corn for last.

I also like to get Ormond lodge gen done early even though it's in a good location because I want people to be able to use the main building without interrupting their teammates. Plus it's a vital part of almost all 3-gens on that map.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

When I have a gen speed build I like bringing Deja Vu so I immediately know where the worst 3 gen is so I can hop on the gen in the middle and then repeat.

I even bring Prove Thyself so, if someone joins me in blasting out the gens in the best order possible to avoid a 3 gen, we can blast it out as quickly as possible.

Once every 5 games or so someone even joins me! If the Killer focuses on me, then after I get away, I even know where the last 3 gens are as my teammates 3 genned us!

Yay for solo queue. At least my strategy works sometimes.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

If I am on a gen challenge, no shot. I will grab literally any gen in my LoS.

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35

Don't worry: I got so many entitled SWF in my team not caring 'bout that and now that 6.1.0 came out It's absolutely impossible to win a 3-gen game when they are close each other.

But they didn't understand it yet.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

I always play solo queue, and I always go for the central/most defensible gen first (at least attempt), reduces chances of getting three gen'd