This event kinda sucks

VSLl
VSLl Member Posts: 315
edited February 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Post edited by VSLl on

Comments

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

its kinda been bringing out the worst in the community one game at a time.

• VSLl

@Ryuhi said:
    its kinda been bringing out the worst in the community one game at a time.

Like the people who play this game.

• ShamefulKing
    ShamefulKing Member Posts: 130
    I mean, this event is just kinda there tbh. It doesn't feel like much of an event. I'm still playing how I usually play, just every now and again if I see a thing, I grab the thing and keep going.

Just feels really lazy.
  • Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

The ideas on the video are not bad, but here's my take.
    I like the event. The only complaints i had about it was, that there wasn't enough envelopes, and the killers got screwed on points because of it.
    They made changes to both these matters, so now i think its great.
    You can choose to ignore the event, and just play as you would normally, or you can participate. That't great. It doesn't force people who are not interested to partake.

• VSLl

@Lagoni said:

I like the event. The only complaints i had about it was, that there wasn't enough envelopes, and the killers got screwed on points because of it.
    You can choose to ignore the event, and just play as you would normally, or you can participate. That't great. It doesn't force people who are not interested to partake.

After the start of the event, ALL the killers take the Hex: Ruin. Moreover, they are also campers. When playing for a maniac, everything is gen rush. And how to play then, I ask?

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

At least we get 3 free outfits

• VSLl

@JoyfulLeader said:

They are not even exclusive, like those that were last year. And the meaning of them? For what? Pittance? If you can buy them later. And the quality of them... not at the level of the event, for sure.

• VSLl

@JoyfulLeader said:

Make costumes for the characters, for which no one plays in a mediocre quality.. Well, so-so, you know.

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

@VSLl said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

Make costumes for the characters, for which no one plays in a mediocre quality.. Well, so-so, you know.

You see, I kinda don't have and want to spend $30 on 3 outfits

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

@VSLl said:

@Lagoni said:

After the start of the event, ALL the killers take the Hex: Ruin. Moreover, they are also campers. When playing for a maniac, everything is gen rush. And how to play then, I ask?

Well before the event, every killer was using ruin, so no difference there. I played a lot of survivor at the start of the event because of the low amount of points you got as killer, and I ran into very few campers. Everyone wants points, which you get from hooking several times, so in my experience, i ran into less camping. Some people will tunnel more than usual, but from my experience it hasn't been too bad. Just expect to get tunneled, and gtf away from the hook until you have a feel of the killers play-style.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

This event was badly designed from the get-go.

1. To start with the points for killers are not enough.

2. The reason for camping is because hooking is the most effective way to get points WHILST DOING WHAT A KILLER SHOULD BE DOING! hunting for a lantern similar to totem hunting after hooking someone for the points and completely giving up your map pressure just isn't worth it. Sure you can ignore the lantern unless you happen to stumble upon in it but again that means the killer only gets hook points anyway which isn't enough, plus you can't re-use the same hook twice.

Survivors, get points for escaping and doing gens which is what they do in a normal game.

Sure the lantern glow makes the job slightly harder but the fundamentals are the same.

Long story short the lantern should drop at the hook then re-spawn after the killer destroys it not teleport back right off the bat or make special event hooks reward bonus points for the hook.