DC/Rage Quitting

There has got to be something seriously done about this. Whether its survivors or killers doing it, doesn't make a difference. I'm talking about mid-game here. Lobby dodging is another problem entirely.

Maybe some sort of increased cool down if you leave part way through the match in increasing increments depending on the frequency? Losing my offerings sucks, having less people to play with or against sucks, it just sucks. 

I played a game as killer and had three players disconnect on me and it instantly reminded me as to why I hate playing killer anymore. So I switched to survivor and most times if someone is found and/or downed immediately, they DC. So thats one less person to help on generators and gameplay in general.

I implore the developers to please implement something like this to improve the longevity of the game. Toxicity is something that everyone in the community has delt with at some stage or another to the point where the majority of us are used to, but DCing flat out ruins the gameplay.

Cheers to any and all who take the time to read this. Have been a fan of the game since day one, this issue is what keeps sending me away though.

Comments

• most times if someone is found and/or downed immediately, they DC
    one of the main reason i want to DC

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

Honestly, there needs to be HARD penalties for this crap. Show ZERO mercy. Make them lose a ######### ton of rank. Give them Negative BP as well. Soft ban them for a minimum of 30 minutes to an hour PER DC. Have this increase if they continue to DC within a week time period.

1st offense: 30 min ban/-500 BP
    2nd offense: 1 hour ban/-750 BP
    3rd offense: 1 week ban/-1000 BP

People would knock that crap off REAL fast.

• SIlentCetra

OH, and since I can't edit post, let me add this--if they do that ######### 3 consecutive weeks, perma ban their asses.

• ShamefulKing
    ShamefulKing Member Posts: 130

Honestly, there needs to be HARD penalties for this crap. Show ZERO mercy. Make them lose a ######### ton of rank. Give them Negative BP as well. Soft ban them for a minimum of 30 minutes to an hour PER DC. Have this increase if they continue to DC within a week time period.

Definitely all for being that level of strict with it, BUT, there would have to be some sort of way to distinguish who is DCing out of frustration/trolling and those who have been dropped because of ######### internet/game crashes/ect.

Yes though, that level of punishment is absolutely necessary. Can report them, but as we know that still isn't doing #########.
  • SIlentCetra

@ShamefulKing said:
    SIlentCetra said:

Definitely all for being that level of strict with it, BUT, there would have to be some sort of way to distinguish who is DCing out of frustration/trolling and those who have been dropped because of ######### internet/game crashes/ect.

Yes though, that level of punishment is absolutely necessary. Can report them, but as we know that still isn't doing #########.

idk how they do it, but For Honor knows if you just drop vs alt+F4ing or quitting the match. So it CAN be done. They could still get around it by unplugging their router or modem buuuut, that is an extra step I feel few are willing to do, especially with how long it takes routers and modems to reconnect. Little is more annoying than waiting for all the flashy lights to start flashing again :p

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Can I just say that this "lose 2 pips" system isn't very fair on new players as what happens is every who quits a lot ends up in green ranks, around 15 which is the lowest most can go. This means when you're new and working your way up, or if you only play casually and so don't play enough to rank up before reset - then these people are punished because they get put with all the disconnecters in their games.

Green rank survivor was so frustrating for me for this reason. Well also the fact that killers mostly camp and tunnel but this just made it worse.

I feel the quitters should be punished in a way that doesn't harm other players.
  • SIlentCetra

WOW. I JUST got out of a match where 3 people quit as soon as I killed the first person.

### babies. Seriously, if it weren't unreasonable, I would say ######### ban these punks right off.
  • ShamefulKing
    ShamefulKing Member Posts: 130
    Can I just say that this "lose 2 pips" system isn't very fair on new players as what happens is every who quits a lot ends up in green ranks, around 15 which is the lowest most can go. This means when you're new and working your way up, or if you only play casually and so don't play enough to rank up before reset - then these people are punished because they get put with all the disconnecters in their games.

Green rank survivor was so frustrating for me for this reason. Well also the fact that killers mostly camp and tunnel but this just made it worse.

I feel the quitters should be punished in a way that doesn't harm other players.
    The ranking system is another problem entirely.
    If it didn't reset and/or you couldn't derank, then there probably wouldn't be so many disconnects. Still A LOT, but not as many.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Sometimes I have to leave a match on PS4 because the framerate is so terrible that I get a splitting headache.
  • IceD34ler
    IceD34ler Member Posts: 15

I think there should definitely be penalties to DCing. Carrying a survivor across the whole map to see him DC in the basement just before getting hooked is getting old fast. But since there are also a lot of connection issues, they have to be careful here. In the Arma Mods Admins often implemented a script that would half your blood and make you unconscious for 30 seconds when logging in again after a Combat Log.

I would not penalize them ingame (like delay joining the game) because that would also be bad for the other survivors. It has to be a penalty only for that specific player and I think a decrease in rank/de-pip would be appropriate.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

Wow, you are really hurt. DC sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

If DC punishments were introduced, people would just AFK: Go to the toilet, browse the internet etc. until the match is over.

A killer who DCs is a free escape for the survivors. Just count it as a victory, get your points and re-queue. No big deal.
    A survivor who DCs is a free kill for the killer and a more difficult match for the remaining survivors. Just look at it as a challenge. I get into so many 3v1-games right from the start (and no, not a DC because of killer offering) that losing one guy mid-match is not that much different.