I've lost respect for Killer

Gindaen
Gindaen Member Posts: 374

I think as a whole, competitive gamers, need to see a game as being fair.

According to BHVRs last stats they showed, the kill rates were hoovering around 55%. Which to me seemed relatively fair. It would have been better at a straight 50% but I understand that it's difficult to hit that rate when you have an asymmetrical game.

However, after patch 6.1.0, where the developers intentionally gave wins to killers because they wanted killer to feel like "An unstoppable force", I feel as if I lose to a killer, that the killer didn't deserve that win.

If feels to me as if the killer is running developer installed cheat software that gives killers free wins, regardless of their skill.

The game is no longer fair to both sides after this patch. How can I respect my opponent when he is just given wins by the developer.

Comments

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213

Just play Pig and block a box. With certain addons you will guaranteed 1-2k every single match.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

''I think as a whole, competitive gamers, need to see a game as being fair.''

Competitive or fair, pick one.

What you are thinking of is casual.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Just look at the Olympics, it is competitive and it's fair, that's why there's different categories.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Yeah i just read that first sentence and went off. I thought he meant players should play fair, he meant players should feel the game is fair.

• Gindaen

Competitive and Fair go hand in hand. Is there any other game on the market that just gives one side wins like DBD does: Street Fighter, LOL, Call of Duty, etc etc? This statement is about the role in general, not about players who play Killer. I totally understand players who play killer because it's easy wins given to them by developers.

If I was still playing the game, I'd definitely play killers just because it's free wins. But I don't respect the role anymore and I honestly just don't play unfair competitive games in the first place. Whats the point when one side is just given wins, it's no longer competitive at that point.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

There's a litmus test for the Olympics. Any troglodyte can, and does, logon to DBD.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I dont see what kind of point youre trying to make here but ok.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

That everyone at the Olympics plays to win, it's a poor comparison.

• Gindaen

You're upset about crutch perks. Yet Dead Hard was active and being used by 75% of survivors when the game was still killer sided with 55% of wins.

Shouldn't you also be upset about the entire Killer kit sitting on one massively-unfair crutch patch that literally just gives killers wins?

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

If that happened constantly, you would have quit playing a long time ago or you actually relished that sort of thing.

No one with more than thirty brain cells or an ounce of self respect would fire up a video game where they were constantly getting bullied and told to kill themselves.

Yes, it happens sometimes and should never happen, but please cool it with the hyperbole and woah is me attitude.

• Gindaen
    edited July 2022

I'm not saying this about killer players, and don't take it like a personal attack. When I was playing, I played both sides. I just can't respect the killer as a role in this game anymore when it's just given kills by the developer. You are probably feeling like it's a personal attack because you too don't respect the killer role after this update. It's not really fair to you, to play killer and no longer feel like your skill is the deciding factor in games but instead your kills are fed to you by the developers. It's demeaning.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I mean I was playing a load of zero slowdown Sadako yesterday. You can't really believe that's a recipe for an ez 4k, patch or no patch

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Thank you for the ad hominin and accusations of lying, very useful comment you've made here. We'll just bury our heads in the sand and pretend toxicity was not previously a massive problem in the game and that is hasn't gone down since the patch I guess.

• Gindaen
    edited July 2022

Sadako is one of my mains. She's definitely better than people make her out to be, however... Dredge came out and he's Sadako 2.0, he does every she does but better.

Sadako just needs a rework so she's not Dredge's lamer sister. (I would consider this a design problem the developers should fix).

• malloymk
    edited July 2022

I play plenty of killer and maybe have gotten legitimately bullied in like 30 out of 1,000 games. I've gotten hate mail, but maybe only 3 or 4 that I've actually reported for harassment (either #########, n word, or gay slurs).

You and I have a different idea of what the word "constantly" means.

Again, you should be bullied 0 times and told to ######### 0 times. But if you were consistently being bullied and told to #########, and you kept playing this game in spite of the harassment, that's pretty mind boggling to me.

• Xendritch

Good for you we had different experiences, I got toxicity for playing killer several times a night and then I would get toxicity from teammates for telling people not to do that towards the killer as survivor.

I keep playing because the core game play is fun to me and I don't let bullies dictate what I do it's not that complicated.

• Gindaen

Tell me, what do you think "To ensure the Killer feels like an unstoppable force to be feared" (Direct Quote from patch 6.1.0), means when the developers were talking about kill rates.

That's totally giving the killer role free kills. The killer-role to me has been delegitimized by the developers. Again, you shouldn't take this as a personal attack, this is just how I see the killer-role now.

What can the developers do when in half of the games the person that gets downed first either suicides on hook or dcs.

I've said this before but will say it again. If suicides-on-hooks and DCs have increased significantly, that's not a player problem, that's a developers problem. Something with the game is causing an abnormal DC and Suicide-on-hooks issue and the developers are the only ones that can fix it. I mean, it's their job, right?

• malloymk

Can't you just shut the messaging off though? If you're that triggered about what type of messages you're receiving and getting them in droves, shut the messages off.

Not that that excuses their behavior, but if I were getting that much hate consistently, I would do something about it besides complaining on the forums.

• Gindaen
    edited July 2022

Your kills are meaningless, because your skill didn't play any part in those kills, it was just given to you by the developers. It's kind of like me giving you a million dollars and then you bragging that you are self-made millionaire.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Its only a game, the problem with competitive gamers is often they are no fun to play with.

This game isn't balanced its asymmetric, survivors have the team advantage, killers have the power advantage.

I swear the comp gamer crowd will suck the fun outa anything they can worse than a min-maxing power gamer at your RPG night.

Yeah we all have different motivations for playing but I'll side with the folks who don't take this stuff too seriously because they'll typically roll with the punches and be a lot more enjoyable to play with.

You never needed to have respect for your opponent, because Its just a bunch of people playing a computer game for fun, nothing more.

• Xendritch

The point of my original comment wasn't to complain to was to suggest the idea that killers were ever previously respected is a complete joke.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 966
    edited July 2022

"The game is no longer fair to both sides after this patch" ----------------->🤨 so we need back faster gens and broken perks?

Solo Q needs a buff for sure, people need to undestand that , the changes purpose was to stop the dumb abuse of gens speeds / perks that were making survivors strong even if they were bad at looping or doing teamwork , now with the nerf to gen speeds and the buffs for killers , only not having in mind (NURSE/BLIGHT addons those 2 definetly needs a nerf with the new meta) , survivor needs to care more about doing gens while someone gets chase and viceversa if you get chase them the best you can do is last a minimun of 30 or 20 seconds for your team to get more gens done , going down in less that 10 seconds is just a punch in the face for your team (Not counting Nurse again because stars truck is fair an balanced right?😒)

the reason why people think , that this patch was a mistake , is mainly because solo Q survivors are throwing matches once again because playing without information , and also they no longer had E to outplay, pre droping pallets is less efective so that doesnt work anymore , all of that combine just makes the problems of Solo Q even more visible but this doesnt mean survivors are unplayable or the game is badly balanced, for dear god we just need basic stuff to make solo Q more in line compared to SWF and nothing else.

1) Base kit kindred w/out the Killer aura reveal.

2)being able to see what perks our team had and how to use it in our favor. (only while on loading screen or pressing escape in the match for god sake dbd mobile has this common!!!)

3) and for the love of Nea , using the new HUD for finally something good like Icons, and information for Solo Q players:

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,433

Not really, I got bullied a lot when I started playing dbd, around late 2016- early 2017, and its the reason I kept playing and got good at the game, If I completely destroy them, they cannot bm at the exit gate, and If they sent messages I can just relish in them losing so bad thry cannot get over it.

You can a 100% keep playing a game after having these experiences repeatedly happen to you, depends on how you handle them.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Those hud icons are excessive. People don't understand that they buff swf a great deal as well as solo. They give a vast amount of information that folks on comms don't always communicate and cut out the possiblity of miscommunication entirely.

Also I don't want people to see my perks. The last thing I need is the awful people playing the game haranguing me over the perks I'm running. I don't run the meta. I like to have fun.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 966

soo , even if you say that , at the end of the match or during the match survivors already know most likely what perks are you running .. i dont undestand how this will change something about YOUR "fun" just play whatever you want and dont care about what other people say, also there is no voice chat or text chat during the matches soo WHY?😐️

• malloymk

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really get irked at the "teabag at the gate thing". Just like getting slashed on the hook. I've had friends that get so worked up about that and I always just chuckle a bit. Who cares?

Probably the only bullying that really pisses me off is the hide and seek thing, especially before EGC when they could legit just leave. Or when I was a terrible nurse and the players were way better than me and just wouldn't leave. That I count as bullying.

But just some teabags at a pallet or at a gate, nah. That's nothing I get worked up about.

End game salt messages are usually pretty funny, though again if you tell me to kill myself, use the n word, or gay slurs I'm gonna report to PSN even though tbh that stuff really doesn't get me that worked up, but it's just too scummy for me to let slide.

Messages like you are terrible, gg ez, you tunneled, camped, blah blah blah. Those are just usually amusing to me. I suppose you could count that as bullying, but again, you can shut the messages off so if that really bothers you (general you, not specific you) then block the messages.

If you're ever playing a game that is causing you a ton of stress, take a break or quit altogether. Games are supposed to be a good time.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Um...and how long were the devs holding survivors? This is the first killer sided patch in MONTHS. I agree that I would like the game to be fair but it will never be fair because its 1 v 4.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,433

Nah, "you are bad", ggez and all of the like are not what I consider bullying, the ######### and so on where the ones that before got me riled up, but now they are actually funny, knowing you manage to beat someone so baddly they get so mad its hilarious, thats why nowadays I actually love post-game chat salt.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

No, they don't. Nobody knows I'm running deception head distortion unless they're following me around. People will see my bad perks that I enjoy and they'll throw, they'll give up on hook and blame me. This will happen. You've seen the people that play this game. They're the most hostile community I've ever seen and I played dota for years, for Christs sake.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

I lost respect for this community after they complained about everything.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited July 2022

I agree that killers needed some buffs, but I think most of us know they overbuffed killers.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Maybe one of these days I should set up a Twitch stream to show you guys that it aint that easy and free hand outs at the place were I play ^^

• LordOfYggdrasil
    LordOfYggdrasil Member Posts: 13

your entire argument boils down to "I got a skill issue so I refuse to play anymore"