Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The New Dead Hard Is Fun

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,166

While Im not the best with the timing, so I do mess it up every now and then, and Im still trying to get the hang of using it, but it feels like the new Dead Hard is in a really good spot (at least in my opinion).

A lot of people dont use it and people dont expect you to run it as a result. But getting that timing just right to avoid a hit is so much more satisfying than before, it's undoubtedly harder to use than before, but I think that's why I just really enjoy it, it feels skillful, it feels powerful when used effectively, it just works, and I love it so much now.

Ive used it in almost every survivor match Ive played since the update dropped, and I dont think Ive had a single match where I havent gotten huge value from it.

Comments

• Ghostofsnow
    Ghostofsnow Member Posts: 160

nah, lithe and overcome give more mileage overall and dont make you waste time mending. new dead hard is high risk, medium reward with demanding timing

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Dead hard is reliable though.

Lithe needs a vault.

And don't get me started on Overcome

Dead vs any kind of oneshot, dead vs plague, mostly dead vs Legion, dead of hook unless you bring OtR which makes the whole not having to mend argument flawed. Killer finds you before you're healed? Dead perk.

Overcome is beginner friendly and that's about it. Still think it's one of the worst exhaustion perks in the game. Too often it does nothing.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Screwed if killer decides to tunnel, thats a big disadvantage. With DH you can come off the hook, Dh to extend the chase, get downed, get picked up, DS and then DH to extend the chase further.

With overcome you are kinda screwed.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

As a Killer Main new DH is still strong but feels much fairer and lass frustrating

The DH 4 Distance was a huge issue becasue it has Take no Skill but was to much powerful

The new DH Works like it should and needs Perfect Timing

Also the pls DH was used by alot Toxic Survivor they press E to get a palett and than they was teabagging

• LepewSurvivor
    LepewSurvivor Member Posts: 15

I am glad you are enjoying the new DH. It still looks like s### and yes, harder to use, and with much fewer utilitiy (by design, I know) than the old one. To my friend Killers that say it makes it balanced I say: The killer/survivor interaction is **not** supposed to be balanced, that is why this genre of game is called asymetric. The game does strive to balance 1 killer versus 4 survivors, not 1v1. While the old DH didn't balance 1v1, it made it more fun for the survivor in a role where you are supposed to enjoy being pummeled and lose every 1v1, ultimately... The old DH brought the survivor a small and quick to fade victory in the 1v1 chases survivors are designed to lose. Can't killers take enough satisfaction from winning the 1v1s, even at the expense of jeopardizing their 1v4 "win" (whatever winning means in this game)...

That's my opinion as a main survivor soloQ on the verge of stepping away...

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264

Dead Hard is not consistent enough for me. 50% of the time im getting hit validated by killers with McDonalds WiFi. A 500 milliseconds window in the current state of hit reg is a joke sorry.

• Ghostofsnow
    Ghostofsnow Member Posts: 160

Not really, with how many anti loop killers are around just sprinting off with a barrier between you and them just saves a hell of a lot of time. It's also the most controllable one to always be there when you need it

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,166

The Dead Hard animation lasts slightly longer than the Endurance effect actually lasts since there are two different transition animations for starting and ending Dead Hard, so half the time it seems like you are getting hit through Dead Hard when you really arent, it's just the animation, then again, Ive never really had any issues related to laggy players (thankfully) so I cant really speak on that too much.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The goal wasn't to "remove" Dead Hard, it was to make it not be used in almost half the matches. Which has happened, Dead Hard is still used by some people but it's not nearly as popular as it was.

• LepewSurvivor
    LepewSurvivor Member Posts: 15

The new DH is not consistent for me too: I have noticed that during a spin it won't work (although I am exhausted after hitting the ground)... wondering if this is related to it not being functional when not movingL is spining not moving?