Patch is fine, you just climbed higher in mmr than you should of

Options

Comments

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

And yet they have steadfast faith this same matchmaking system will miraculously do it's job now that Dead Hard is gone.

• ZakRs1
    ZakRs1 Member Posts: 11
    Options

Why is everyone so sold on DH being so OP. I'm still Iridescent this patch as I am all patches. I never run DH. If my teammates did, it hasn't impacted my ability to get to Iridescent survivor. There are plenty of perks that help extend chases, such as Lithe or Overcome that provide speed boosts, helping you get to key escape/loop points in time etc.

What I will say is, if we buffed killers 10000% and nerfed survivors 10000% and make gens 1000 hours to complete, is it still a case of "you just climbed higher in MMR than I should have?". Where do you draw the line? I can't believe how many people ignore the 10/15% buff to all killer actions such as breaking pallets and kicking gens etc. That is a massive buff that seems to go unspoken of by all killers. Curious to hear your thoughts.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Wow a whole 0.3 saved on breaking a pallets so you can still reach the next tile or even the one after that...

And saying DH wasnt strong before the patch just highlights where you are in knowledge or skill for this game, either or.

But exaggerating like this doesnt help anything.

It does give you time to get up the stairs, and it was still a basekit change.. that's like saying the breaking stuff faster can be ignored because a survivor can get to the next tile anyway...

You're giving double standards there... but yes tunneling is an issue, the base bt didnt address that issue

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,089
    Options

Bait.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

I hated DH and did exactly that: I only ever used it to Adapted David and those 3 or something tome challenges. At the start I died a lot, but in the long run it made me a better survivor. The patch didn't do much to my survivor gameplay and I quickly adapted to the quicker recovery of killers, but the bigger problem are the other survivors who took quite some days before they even started touching gens again. I kid you not, during this crazy period I had two games were I did 5 gens(!) on my very own (!), because the other survivors just ran around utterly headless.

• CluelessWanderer
    edited July 2022
    Options

I think most people are blaming the patch because all the basekit buffs to Killers, and the ridiculous over-nerfing of a lot of survivor perks (not Dead hard. I've seen plenty of survivors, myself included not give a rat's arse about it and if it caused a lot of problems, then I have no issue it's gone). So things like Decisive Strike; an anti-tunneling perk- were made useless. Devs tried to sell us the idea that OTR was vastly superior to it in everyway. But it's not. It's no where near as good as DS (in my opinion. I've been tunneled relentlessly and OTR barely did anything and it deactivates during end game so why bother?). Iron Will made useless. I mean, Botany Knowledge was a buff for SWF, a nerf for Solo Q (so if you run it, and you pull a brown med kit, you can't heal yourself). BK was perfectly fine. It didn't need a buff OR a nerf either way. Self Care nerf is just laughable. What about Calm Spirit? Such an innocuous perk, but now it has a huge penalty to run it.

Devs and even Killers on the forums said the issue was: 'I have to camp and tunnel to have a shot because gens are too fast!". So now they aren't. But that actually buffed camping and tunneling, and Killers are still running very oppressive gen regression builds where actually completing gens is ridiculously frustrating while still; surprise! Camping and tunneling! Because now it's a guaranteed 4k against Solos. The "Just do geeennnzzzzzz" counter argument is dead in the water. That's not possible now- UNLESS you in a 4 man SWF on comms maybe.

So they took a playerbase (Solo Q casuals), and extended the least fun, most tedious aspect of gameplay. And for reasons I will never understand, they thought Killer's would have a universal Honour Code and they would just choose not to use the easiest most reliable strats for victory (camping and tunneling + gen regression build). Imo, that was dumb. They thought the 15 year old in Liverpool taking his puberty out on survivors would somehow think: "Oh I don't have to camp anymore! What a fun game I shall have actually hooking survivors and looking for another one!". No, we get that 15 year old as Plague puking constantly on the first hooked survivor until they die.

So it's the idea they completely left casual Solo Q out of their precious "balancing". See, SWF's aren't having any problems (shocking!). I think Solo Q expected them to do something that would make our matches not as depressing either before they buffed Killers, or in the same patch. But we got a: "Hey guys! Exciting new Meta! Oh, Solos, we know we mentioned you in January but we've put off whatever that is off for at least 12 months. Yeahhhhh we're not even talking about it :( .......LOOKIT FENG'S NEW HAT. It GLOWS".

I think people blame "The Patch" as a short cut when we're expressing frustration at the long neglected issues, and this patch buffing the most irritating and oppressive aspects of the game was just hard to swallow.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

They're low mmr dude, that's the whole point.

They're not bringing DH, they're not trying to SWF, they're admitting to giving up when they see killers that they don't like and they truly believe that they die like 80% of the time.

They are in the basegment, and most of them deserve to be there.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

I often have to camp and tunnel because the other survivors are hiding, and it's pointless to go too far from a hooked survivor if the survivors might be hiding far away from generators. And it's extra pointless to leave a hooked survivor if it's a SWF with voice communication, because the hooked survivor will just relay the killer's position to the rest of the team, to make it even easier for them to hide from the killer.

BHVR said they would look into the reasons why camping and tunneling exist, but survivors hiding, and voice communication is still a huge problem. Before this patch, I could use BBQ or pain res to find other survivors, but BBQ isn't worth using anymore, and pain res's info got removed. And I don't even have the "let's get 4 BBQ stacks" incentive anymore. BHVR removed my incentives to go far away from a hooked survivor.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Exactly! That's the issue though the patch isnt to blame.

The devs just really need to sort out camping and tunneling and help out solo Q a little (though I feel a better SBMM would be best)

I just dont like how everyone is blaming the patch when the core issues (tunneling and camping) can be addressed separately.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Who is "they"? Because like you are already aware, I do not dc/suicide on hook, I cant SWF because it is not a possibility to me, besides a few instances of people on here adding me (some were quite friggin creepy mind you).

Who are these "they" who deserve to be in the "basegment"? The people who suicide on hook and dc? Sure. Everyone else? Why?

• foxsansbox
    Options

'They' is simply everyone who thinks theyre good but throws out tons of hints that they're not. I don't care which particular reason lands you in the basement. It doesn't matter, it's one or a combination, and if the people who are losing these games feel their only avenue is to complain here instead of actually improve their gameplay, that's on them.

Personal problems galore.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

why killer keep forget they got a basekit buffs to Killers

but it just deadhard this deadhard that some people didn't use the dam perk.

• CluelessWanderer
    Options

Those are all valid points. I can understand them. SWF on comms has always made balancing so difficult, and they have a distinct and undeniable advantage over Killers.

As for stealthing, I've seen numerous threads aimed at survivors "You have to learn to play the game differently now! You have to fear the Killer, you have to get better at hiding and not expect to loop the Killer for days! Git Gud".

So maybe some people are stealthing because with the basekit buffs, and gutting of most decent perks, they think it's the better option? Idk.

• Marigoria
    Options

So you are saying people who play solo q deserve to be in low MMR with people with very few hours, because playing solo q is their "personal problem". How kind and fair of you.

I love this argument of "complaining on the forums instead of getting better", why wasn't the same applied to people who complained about dead hard? Why is it ok to use that nonsense towards solo players?

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

People were being immersed before this patch. It has always been a huge double standard, where survivors demand for killers to interact with all 4 of them, but also claim that it’s fine for survivors to hide as much as possible and not interact with the killer.

• CluelessWanderer
    edited July 2022
    Options

I think also, we're just losing faith, yanno? Like the SBMM has been terrible. Basing it on Kills and escapes just a horrible decision and bad for game health all around (at least on the survivor side). It completely discourages altruism. In fact, everything they've done this year seems to encourage Solo Q survivors to be selfish. And that leads to frustration. So you see the post-match scoreboard and I see I clearly have double the BPs than the 2 survivors who escaped, and who left me to die on my first hook. So the survivors doing the most in the match, are punished. The people who hide and are generally unhelpful? Rewarded. But with them nerfing and deactivating so many things in end game, is the save worth trying for? I think they should be adding things to encourage intelligent altruism rather than the opposite. It's way healthier for Solo's to have at least a bit of hope. And the SBMM has seemingly gotten worse since the patch (dunno why tho).

In the scant few games I'm not being camped, slugged, tunneled, or having lemmings for team mates (d/c'ing or suiciding), this is typical (I got the hatch thank God lol) :

There's a distinct gap there.

They have NEVER addressed camping. They posture that they're changing camping/tunneling and they actually BUFFED them. They were told clearly on the PTB that it was bad. Released it anyways.

..and nerfed anti-tunneling perks saying "5 second BT basekit! Tunneling solved! :)". Like, I just don't have faith they will ever do anything about these issues, and the patch added insult to injury basically.

Post edited by CluelessWanderer on
  • foxsansbox
    Options

Dude, you ever see me make a whining thread about DH? I am not your DH hypocrisy check, you can take up that mantle and tell future whiners on the killer side to git gud.

They didn't get better either. There were tons of killers in low MMR because they refused to punish DH the best they could.

Low MMR is for slackers. There are tools for you to climb out of that pit. Use them.

Or don't, and continue to complain. I have told you that I play solo queue in the past, but my experience clearly differs significantly, both in expectation and outcome.

• Marigoria
    Options

Which tools does a solo q player have to climb up MMR?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Honestly if you hit rock bottom survivor MMR, you're unlikely to get back out without SWF. Either frosty eyes finds you first and facecamps you after a 5 minute chase in which no gens were done, or finds another survivor who goes down instantly and DC's with 5 gens to go.

Giving you worse teammates and a worse killer only drops your chances of survival further.

• Marigoria
    Options

Not only that, but escaping through hatch doesn't count either. So you either escape through the gates or your MMR stays the same, and good luck with that as the last survivor.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

Just look at these numbers:

0.3 hit cooldown reduction

0.2 speed boost reduction

0.26 pallet break reduction

2.5 gen kick regression

0.2 gen kick speed reduction

Wow so broken.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

Big problem for me is how bad my teammates usually are. I played game with decent teammates and we got 4 man out but usually I get teammates who don't know what to do. My last 2 match ended killer up by killer slugging everyone first he tunneled one out and then slugged remaining 3. The last of these matches was agains't nurse which I ran long times but she found out team weak link and tunneled her quickly out. We got last gen to 98% done and then the nurse slugged us.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Oh great, another killer main tunnel visioning on dead hard.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

MMR doesn't even work.

And, for casual Survivors, this patch SUCKS.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Im not talking about that.

Im talking about your argument that is not one, actually.

• foxsansbox
    edited July 2022
    Options

If you're truly rock bottom, you should be able to loop and drop chase with the killer on demand, they won't be playing optimally either.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 383
    Options
  • foxsansbox
    Options

Wasn't there a whole thread where myself and several others gave you a lot of perk advice and you were just like nah I don't like those suggestions?

You need to adapt. I'm not playing the 'show me how' game again. You have every tool SWFs have including and up to finding an SWF to play with. You can run more selfish perks, you can play more escape oriented. You can bring the meanest medkit every game.

If your playing level is truly reflected in the amount of hours you've played, you'll figure it out.

• Marigoria
    Options

Again, selfish perks give me hatch and not gates, which is useless for getting a better MMR.

And I'm pretty sure I explained to you that SWF is just not an option to me.

So in other words, all the suggestions you gave me wouldnt help me at all if I'm at the bottom of MMR.

• foxsansbox
    Options

You. Are. Wrong.

Selfish perks give you hatch when you'd otherwise not get gate, preventing you from losing any MMR gains you've managed to accrue.

I don't know how you keep casually glazing over this without actually processing it. Climbing MMR is a battle of attrition. Every single game counts, not just the convenient ones where the gates look within reach.

Your SWF problems are indeed personal, sorry buddy, if you wanted to SWF you'd find a way.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

with all that on top of the gen defend perks yes it broken more on some killer then other but still broken.

I know killer want to keep they broken toy I mean survivor had there but be real about this this patch was good and bad tho who play both sides knows why.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

finding a SWF group shouldn't be an opinion since the game is not meant to be balanced around swf and since dev said they never adding voice chat to the game it never be balanced around swf.

also Selfish perks that give you hatch your MMR wont go down tho will it go up and if your just dying or getting hatch your MMR will just keep going down,so I don't know what your on about.....

like I said finding a SWF group shouldn't be an opinion since the game is not meant to be balanced around swf I feel it needs repeating.

• MommyHunktress
    MommyHunktress Member Posts: 634
    Options
  • NekoGamerX
    Options

the 5th perk slot should only be for solo if you having hard time with swf no chat I say start chatting with them.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 911
    Options

It;s true, though.

That perk alone could extend chases by one-half to one-third, and 3/4ths of people were running it.

Even if you didn't run it yourself, you're losing more time to DH being nerfed than the 10-second gen changes.

• foxsansbox
    Options

The game is balanced around SWFs, that is exactly why killers where buffed. It's why dead hard was nerfed. You have survivor and killer mmr. You don't have swf and soloQ mmr. There's a reason the totem pole has been SWF->Killer->SoloQ.

If you don't understand the need to turn your losses into hatches to climb the mmr ladder at this point, there really isn't anything more I can do to help.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

Trust me when I tell you... Do not bother with them. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

• Marigoria
    Options

By that logic lower tier killers shouldnt get any buffs. The game is balanced around blight, so everything below that just needs to play blight or higher instead.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

I feel this quote is the important one: Personally, I'm really enjoying the changes. However, people who were new who came in before already had a bad time with MMR, but now it's tougher it may very well put off newer players who suddenly find themselves in the path of a Special Forces Nurse assassin. It will put people off, and during my killer matches I'm assessing each trial to give everyone a faor crack, depending on skill.

It may have been helpful to at least put information on survivor icons to show what others are doing, so at least there is more information available for solo players. I'm more surprised currently there are no plans to consider this the following midchapter. That would absolutely encourage more casual players to come in, I feel.

• foxsansbox
    Options

You're overthinking it. By my logic, players will migrate to killers like blight and nurse. Which, they obviously do, because that's the meta.

Of course I believe killers on the lower rungs need help, just like soloQ does.

But that's a distraction. If YOU really want to get out of MMR hell you will find a way. The easiest way is indeed with 3 other friends. I generally have a +1 and I find that is plenty for me. When I am alone I play like a savage.

Coincidentally, BHVR can see every 4k I get with Nurse and Blight, so I'm doing my part in showing them the disparities. Just like how you never ran DH but BHVR provided us data that demonstrated its dominance at higher play.

• CluelessWanderer
    Options

No particular reason. But my mother watches Coronation Street and I probably heard it from there!

• NekoGamerX
    Options

you can't climb the mmr ladder getting hatch you MMR does not go up or down when you get hatch.

they don't balanced around SWFs if that's true they added voice chat or text chat a long time ago but you keep thinking what you want to think.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 451
    edited July 2022
    Options

Borrowed Time still exists you know. Its even been buffed now when coupled with the speed boost. or are you telling me that you are expecting survivors you rescue to walk up the stairs with BT?

Otherwise run Off the Record. My new favourite perk as solo Q as it solves the one issue that is actually true regarding tunnelling; its now a fairer chase where you get 2 health states in your next chase instead of just 1.

• foxsansbox
    Options

You are literally not reading what I am writing, I cannot help you.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

i read it i understand but it don't sound right so not going to bother.

so have good day.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

Maybe my mmr was inflated? Oh wait I don't know because they don't show mmr because people get mad at the sight of a number going up and down

• Ms_Green44
    Ms_Green44 Member Posts: 29
    Options

I agree that many people escape who shouldn’t, and to be honest still do, hiding and letting all their teammates die. I mainly play solo survivor, it’s a very trying journey and always has been. One thing I will say is I have notice the inconsistencies with the mmr more lately. I will que in some with very competent survivors and killer and have a very rewarding game live or die, but the very next game, day one survivors and a very competent killer or sometimes a brand new killer. Also about DH I used it before and still do, I like it for the challenge of actually pulling it off now. So I don’t mind that change either. But there is a bigger issue with far more killers tunneling and bming brand new people out immediately( unprovoked). We need to remember both sides of the game is needed or you don’t have a game.

• Ms_Green44
    Ms_Green44 Member Posts: 29
    Options