Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is the optimal counter for this Pig Build?

D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 715
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

The Build is Devour Hope, Plaything, Pentimento and Shattered Hope while the Add Ons are Face Mask that puts Blindness when the survivor has a Trap on his Head and Rule Set No. 2 that makes Survivor can't see the Aura of the Boxes when it isn't activated.

The Build is straight forward, as a Survivors needs to find bones all 5 Bones (10 with pentimento + Solo queue) or Die with the trap on your head and doing Gens are optional lol. Mid Trial for the most of the Time, Survivors will be Blinded, Oblivious and Exposed while there's a ticking Clock on the Head.

My Friends who are seeing this build say this is overpowered or just sick on Pig.

I'm sure there are optimal counters for this right?

Comments

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 598

If a survivor doesn't bring a boon, then Shattered Hope is useless.

But the true counter that I use at times, in my opinion:

Rainbow Map: Crystal Bead and Odd-stamp

Detective Hunch, Inner Strength (Inner Healing), Open-handed and one perk of your choosing.

This perk build is a total over kill when it comes to finding totem. Once detective hunch goes off, the map tracks EVERYTHING that hte perk revealed. If you right click it, the aura of every object will be shown to everyone, which could quickly dispatch Devour among other things.

As for this pig build itself, well, let just hope that you spawn next to the Hex. The way I do thing is that when I start the trial, I go around and make sure all 5 totems are dull. If I see a Hex, I break it asap due to the "If it glows, it goes" rule. lol

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

You only do devour and ignore plaything. Also you can see the boxes without needing the aura. It's not hard on most maps.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Any boon ruins this entire thing. Another thing that ruins it are simply 99% gens.

This is a build similar to another one I run as my main on pig, its there to force survivors to "play the game" so to speak. More objectives. Giving you plenty of time to mess with their heads, plan jump scares, etc. If a squad is sweaty they'll dump all over this build. If not...you get plenty of time to torture survivors. Meaning max bloodpoints for all.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

Truly optimal?

If on swf = callout when you see the auras of totems from a distance + their locations, with this you avoid cleansing playthings. Survivors can easily find the playthings without having to cleanse based on the aura reveal. Now that you know where the playthings are and can ignore them you can wait until 3 stacks of devour and attempt to find the devour totem. You should be able to cleanse/have a good idea of which one the devour is based on the # of hooks and callouts from your team by the time the pig gets 3 hooks. Destroy the devour and when the pig inevitabley goes to pentimento it you can easily go break the single instance of pentimento.

Now the pig has no value from pentimentio, oblivious value from plaything, and no value from shattered hope if you don't boon. 2/4 of her perks are literally doing nothing and the other 1/4 is just making you guys oblivious. You have also cleansed devour so the pig has basically nothing other than blocking a TR.

In solo = significantly harder to deal with without comms, if your teammates are regularly cleansing their playthings then they are making a mistake and creatinng multiple pentimento locations to deal with. I would argue that if your teammates know what to do it can be countered in the same way as above without comms. However based on the state of soloQ I imagine you would get teammates who cleanse every single plaything/boon multiple times.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I've used this build before, except had Deadlock instead of Shattered Hope and used the more reverse beartrap add-ons. This build is basically about adding more objectives onto survivors to overwhelm them. If they can beat you in chase and finish gens fast, the build loses its value. However, it gets overwhelming if you can place multiple bear traps onto survivors fast and hook them at least once. They will be mainly focused on removing the reverse beartraps and won't focus on the totems as much. This then allows Devour to take advantage of the chaos. So for counters, it fully depends on how well the survivors do in the beginning. They can definitely recover, but it is a lot harder once the build starts going.

• D3spair

How do you tell what is Devour apart from a Pentimento or a Plaything Totem?

• D3spair

Shattered Hope + Pentimento is there to Punish Boon Users.

• D3spair

What if the Guy who has the Map and Aura Reading Perks is the first one downed? That guys is now Blind and Oblivious.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Slam gens and keep her in chase. If she can't down survivors she pretty much can't use her power, since crouching is a mediocre chase tool and she won't be using it much if she has plaything.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Boop the snoot

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I've started straight up Ignoring plaything when I'm cursed with it

The time I spend cleansing it + the time it'll add to gens is just not worth it

I'd rather be perma oblivious, I can use my eyes and ears in 90% of maps.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,595

The only notable part of that build is Devour Hope. Do it when necessary.

Plaything? Ignore it.

Do gens efficiently and leave.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Penti totems look different than hex totems. Presumably devour is getting found instantly, as it's tradition.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    edited July 2022

penti cannot be blessed. plaything has aura unlike devour and if you're not the the cursed person it's blocked for the first 90s iirc?

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 598

Well, he better get that trap out of there asap and resume totem hunting.. Now if the guy end up being tunneled and camped, then that's a problem lol.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,169

I'm unsure there is an effective counter with builds, because unless you are able to know the build and killer in advance then you'll never effectively be able to create a productive counter build.

It's moreso about being reactive to it and how the killer plays. It's a tough build to take on for sure.