The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Delete Circle of Healing. Period.

ChuckLit
ChuckLit Member Posts: 60

Entitled toxic killer main here. :)

And no, I don't care about Shattered Hope. I'm not wasting a perk slot just to counter boons.

Delete Circle of Healing. Period. 102 votes

Yes
22%
GibberishLeonardo1itaroundpittmusstang62Mattie_MayhemOGGlamourousLeviathanLevitikaaeonskulGhouled_MojoAdjathaThr_ustViktor1853Bennett_They1ThemBiscuitssizzlingmario4INoLuvPetforcesHitariSlowpeachHuntressmain_1223 23 votes
No
77%
CamoRangerOnyxVolantConch1719gneheheMiriamGSacrilegeGGBabyCameron10CashelP14Aven_FallenSkeletalEliteChordycepsoxygenbernardo6526MooksIcewhisperPepsidotTatariuYatolRavenTheWraithcheetocultleader 79 votes

Comments

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited July 2022

They're not going to delete it, rework maybe but not delete it. afaik they have never deleted a single perk in the entirety of the game.

The option of breaking boons should be basekit though, getting it as a perk was a really really dumb decision.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702
    Yes

Honestly yeah. It should be changed to a different effect entirely or only 'aid' with healing, not actually heal. It just hurts too many bad killers as it stands now. I don't hate it that much and would be more 70%/30% for against but...

It 'could' be reworked but it runs counter to every other boon there is. The other boons work best when chases or action takes place near them, Circle of Healing is best when used as an area to retreat to. There's a reason most of the others are niche and you hear a boon you automatically assume healing rather then any of the others.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Yes

*delete its current effect.

It should be reworked into Boon: Vigil

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158

I'd be fine with CoH having its strong effect if it were able to be destroyed. If your placement is careful, you'll still get quite a few heals off before the killer catches on, and they still have to go out of their way to remove it (really tedious for slower killers like Huntress and Hag).

• OpalescentHare
    OpalescentHare Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2022
    No

If I have to cope with regularly being told to just run kindred because soloq always gets the short end of the stick, then killers can cope with being told to run shattered hope. I'm an equal-opportunist perk slot waster. If we have to do it, so do you.

And I have to agree with the others who have said it's better to ask for a rework. They won't get rid of it just like they didn't get rid of dead hard.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    No

I hate it but i think it should get reworked instead

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695
    No

Leave COH alone please…

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    No

I would've said yes shorty before it's 2nd nerf.

However since then I've seen it used in a lot less games. Don't see why it would need changed now.

• Gress
    Gress Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2022
    No

Stop, stop! It's already dead.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    No

No.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    No

They shouldn't just delete a perk from the game, but CoH from a design standpoint is a very hard perk to balance and it still isn't in a healthy state right now.

• Petforces
    Petforces Member Posts: 42
    Yes

I voted yes, cause I hate it SO MUCH. But I actually do not want it removed. I just want it nerfed to either not give self care. or not increase healing speeds.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940
    No

Ok if you revert self care

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    No

Circle of Healing is a good perk but it’s not broken, it doesn’t need to be deleted. The nerfs to its healing speed definitely made it weaker. I’ve for sure had matches where the survivors lost because they kept trying to reset Circle of Healing multiple times after I snuffed the Boon rather than just spending that time on the gens.

I think the only time Circle of Healing is a bit problematic is on multilevel map totem spawns where you can have a Boon that is in a super awkward location to snuff it (e.g. RPD, the totem spot at the top of the ramps in Ironworks). In those cases survivors can place it once and get the benefit from it but it takes the killer so long to walk all the way around and up to the totem to snuff it that doing so can be a losing proposition, making the Boon effectively permanent in that location once placed. Fortunately most maps don’t have this issue so it’s more a case of maybe tweaking totem spawns on certain maps or tweaking how ranges work on multilevel maps than needing to get rid of Circle of Healing altogether. (Note that killers don’t get the same benefit from multilevel totems with Hexes since the Hexes are all map-wide effects anyway, for Hexes what matters is how well hidden the totem is versus how long it takes to reach it.)

Either way worst case Circle of Healing is annoying on certain maps but definitely still beatable.