The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Intentional De-Ranking - What is YOUR Opinion?

13»

Answers

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheBean said:

@Master said:
    And no, you can even rank up with 0 kills, its just a joke (and you can blackpip with 4k, the irony.....)

Are you even playing this game anymore?

You certainly can white pip as a killer with 0 kills.

Are you even reading?

I said you can rank up with with 0 kills and you can blackpip with 4 kills, thats how big of a joke the ranking system has become

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Master said:

@TheBean said:

@Master said:
    And no, you can even rank up with 0 kills, its just a joke (and you can blackpip with 4k, the irony.....)

Are you even reading?

I said you can rank up with with 0 kills and you can blackpip with 4 kills, thats how big of a joke the ranking system has become

No.. and I can't edit or delete my posts for some reason either.

• Master

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

Are you even reading?

What?

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Master said:

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

Are you even reading?

What?

Sometimes I may write something then reread it.. so I don't make mistakes like that.. but for someone reason the little gear is gone where I can select edit... so I can't change anything anymore. wonder if that is happening to anyone else.

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2019

So this is from my view being rank 1 killer and survivor every season with 5500+ hours and playing Solo -SWF-Killer almost every day. The majority of people derank for easier killers. A good example is big streamers who post videos of wrecking killers with a small amount of hours played. Lets go over the excuses that are used...

*Rank doesn't matter in terms of skill - This is provably false just by the videos posted and live streams. You do not get new players as killers at rank 1 that have low hours. For the most part killers at rank 1 dont fall for 360s, flashlight saves, etc...You do get those killers at rank 5-20. There is also still a % of people that cant get rank 1, mainly as killer. You will always get better players on average at rank 1 but you will still have potato's at any rank.

*Red ranks are to sweaty - But the people deranking are still using meta perks, items, SWF etc... and escaping most games because of the skill mismatch. Wouldn't that make the survivor sweaty or is the rule survivors cant be sweaty?

*I derank for fun! - Ok so is it fun for the killer who has 50 hours to play against a team that has 10,000+ combined hours? Lets also be real people that play or stream daily that derank during their off time derank by either DCing or killing themselves screwing over the other 3 survivors. If you think these people spend 5+ hours doing a "nice" derank you are fooling yourself.

*Que times - Not a thing...

So whats the answer? BHVR needs to stand behind their rules and enforce them. I dont blame streamers or anyone else when something like this is allowed. Its up to BHVR to put a stop to it.

Step 1 BAN people that DC or Derank. (Give a warning beforehand to give people a chance to stop)

Step 2 Give rank 2-3 15% more bloodpoints and Rank 1 40% more bloodpoints.

Step 3 Add some special cosmetic for each season.

I have suggested these changes for well over a year now... Lets get the ball rolling.

• Master
    edited February 2019

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

Are you even reading?

What?

Sometimes I may write something then reread it.. so I don't make mistakes like that.. but for someone reason the little gear is gone where I can select edit... so I can't change anything anymore. wonder if that is happening to anyone else.

I still have the gear where you can edit your post

Edit: and edit works too :smile:

• Master

@Boomer said:
    So this is from my view being rank 1 killer and survivor every season with 5500+ hours and playing Solo -SWF-Killer almost every day. The majority of people derank for easier killers. A good example is big streamers who post videos of wrecking killers with a small amount of hours played. Lets go over the excuses that are used...

*Rank doesn't matter in terms of skill - This is provably false just by the videos posted and live streams. You do not get new players as killers at rank 1 that have low hours. For the most part killers at rank 1 dont fall for 360s, flashlight saves, etc...You do get those killers at rank 5-20. There is also still a % of people that cant get rank 1, mainly as killer. You will always get better players on average at rank 1 but you will still have potato's at any rank.

*Red ranks are to sweaty - But the people deranking are still using meta perks, items, SWF etc... and escaping most games because of the skill mismatch. Wouldn't that make the survivor sweaty or is the rule survivors cant be sweaty?

*I derank for fun! - Ok so is it fun for the killer who has 50 hours to play against a team that has 10,000+ combined hours? Lets also be real people that play or stream daily that derank during their off time derank by either DCing or killing themselves screwing over the other 3 survivors. If you think these people spend 5+ hours doing a "nice" derank you are fooling yourself.

*Que times - Not a thing...

So whats the answer? BHVR needs to stand behind their rules and enforce them. I dont blame streamers or anyone else when something like this is allowed. Its up to BHVR to put a stop to it.

Step 1 BAN people that DC or Derank. (Give a warning beforehand to give people a chance to stop)

Step 2 Give rank 2-3 15% more bloodpoints and Rank 1 40% more bloodpoints.

Step 3 Add some special cosmetic for each season.

I have suggested these changes for well over a year now... Lets get the ball rolling.

You can indeed meet beginner players (dedicated ones) at rank 1, but the probability of facing higher skilled players rises the higher your rank is, thats true.

of course, red ranks are sweaty, but actually all ranks should be sweaty in a competitive game, its a ranked mode afte rall (Yeah I know we have no casual)

Well it just depends on the playstyle, you can derank with the intention to bully low rank killers with your SWF (jendenise probably the most prominent exmaple) or you derank to test new off-meta or meme builds, chilling around.

There were times when queue time was really high at high ranks, but thats not the case anymore

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

OK, so, after an admittedly pitiful performance; 20mins of being looped. I get "you suck and need to git gud" "lol - noob killer". What incentive is there for me to push for higher ranks to be stomped on a regular basis?

Answer- there is NONE.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

It's understandable why they do it.

You get boosted up the ranks too fast as killer. Most aren't ready to face 2000+ hour survivors who know every loop like the back of their hand.

Plus it takes too long to grind. As survivor you can put all your points into 1 character, as killer you need to level up every single one to make them playable.

I deranked one month after reset. I had paid for every single DLC character in the game so I wanted to use them, but I sure as hell wasn't going to play a weak killer like Pig or Freddy with unrelenting level 2, surveilance (pre-buff), iron grasp and monstrous shrine against the sweaty tryhard rank 1 survivors. It wouldn't be fun for me at all. Plus I wanted to try out Nurse and Huntress who play very differently to Clown who was my main at the time.

I had a blast. It wasn't about getting easy games, it was about getting enjoyable games. I didn't bring Billy or Clown and go tryhard, I just used weak killers or killers I wasn't very good with and it was less stressful.

Beyond that the game can be stale as hell in red ranks. It's pretty much P3 Claudettes with some combination of....

Sprint Burst/Dead Hard/balanced landing
    self-care
    decisive strike
    adrenaline
    urban evasion
    borrowed time

That's it. It's soooo boring and tryhard. Always abusing the most broken loops in the game too. It's just sweat, sweat, sweat. I tend to hold back a bit after reset just to get some fun out of the game before boosting up to the tryhard ranks. The meta is stale as hell.

Thank you for your experience now I know I have to get all the dlc since the shrine takes an eternity and is unreliable. At least I know I'll have some fun with the other killers besides legion after I grind as survivor to defend my rank
  • RetroHelix
    RetroHelix Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2019

Some fog whisperers are deranking themselves to bully lower rank killers, so if people like that aren't punished, i don't see why other players should.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

@not_Queen

Did a discussion about this ever take place?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited February 2019

People do it because they can't play at higher ranks, but then use the excuse "rank doesn't matter" which then makes no sense, because by saying that makes de-ranking pointless because at that point they are basically the same because rank doesn't matter?

Case and point, they bad at game!

• Raccoon
    I guess the resolution and/or discussion of this issue has been abandoned by the developers.

Color me "surprised."
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@Raccoon said:
    I guess the resolution and/or discussion of this issue has been abandoned by the developers.

Color me "surprised."

Pretty sure they are at least aware of it being an actual issue.

If they're able to find a solution quickly is another story...

• Raccoon

If only they actually came back and responded - Oh well, I'm sure we'll see more topics about person x hit the front page @_@