So I am working on my Altruism and I am curious if any build is better than mine?

Options
GuyFawx
GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021

I need work at healing better and feel as tho out of all the badges altruism is the one I lack the most in. Currently my build is the following: (Autodidact - Bite the bullet - Botany knowledge - Empathetic connection) and a medkit with speed addons or charge ones. So is there a better build for healing thats not a boon?I just dont feel they are fast enough anymore and have been trying something different to help my team thx in advance.

Comments

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Most of your altruism points will come from unhooks rather than healing people, if the game isn't against a killer like legion.

If I would recommend one good healing perk that can really throw off a killers momentum. It's We'll Make It, outside of that perk, there isn't really a reason to go for a healing build. Empathy is good if you really want to seek people out to heal them, but you don't really need extra healing speed on top of that.

• GuyFawx
    Options

Ok i see where i can fit well make it in then should i replace botany with that?

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I would recommend running a built like Windows of Opportunity, Off the Record, We'll Make it, (Exhaustion Perk). You will find yourself living long enough to heal and unhook other people, to get your altruism points up.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options
  • HagathaSimmons
    HagathaSimmons Member Posts: 236
    Options

Currently my favorite heal build is:

Empathetic connection + Leader+Desperate measures+Borrowed Time

Rationale: Empathetic connection {>} empathy= It's better for you to focus on doing gens than running around the map finding injured teammates. When they wanna be healed they know where to find you.

Leader = After a certain point stacking healing perks gives diminishing returns. This perk let's your teammates heal faster, so they unhook you faster and it negates sloppy so they heal you faster.

Desperate measures= when the whole team is injured this perk increases your healing to 56% (already slightly better than botany) with the added bonus of unhooking faster for risky or last minute saves.

BT= obvious reasons, just got a small buff so it lasts longer and so does the haste effect after unhooking.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 372
    Options

One that I've been trying lately is Desperate Measures, We'll Make It, Aftercare, and Lucky Break.

We'll Make It for fast unhook heals. Unhooks activate Aftercare so you can run away from the hook and find them again afterwards. Aftercare gives you information on what's happening and lets them see you which is useful for solo queue.

Lucky Break is for your own survivability and it gets recharged from healing.

Desperate Measures is for slightly faster unhooks and heals. It's not as fast as Botany usually, but you don't get a Medkit efficiency penalty so it's easier to heal yourself more often with a Medkit.

I then usually bring a Medkit with charges for two heals.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

You don't want healing speed perks with audodidact

faster heal time = less chance for skillchecks.

The only increased heal speed perk worth using with autodidact is WGLF so you heal slugs faster and don't accidently sandbag them with autodidact

• GuyFawx
    Options
  • Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,145
    edited August 2022
    Options

I think as others said, you generally won't get much from healing and more from unhooks. The build i run right now is

• Dead Hard
    • Boon: Circle of Healing
    • Prove Thyself
    • Kindred

I play exclusively solo queue, so Kindred is a must. Generally i look at it like this:

• Always take an exhaustion Perk
    • Always take kindred
    • Always take a way for me to heal myself
    • Always have something that helps me deal with tunneling.

This build takes care of that.

Dead hard is a replacement for OTR that allows me to still continue playing the game, and doing gens if i want. I find with practice timing it is pretty reliable. It's also an exhaustion perk

Kindred is required for solo queue

Circle of healing i think is the best solo queue way to heal yourself, because you put it down and it communicates out to your whole team: "Hey come over here for healing" and it allows you to coordinate/plan without being on coms.

Prove Thyself is just an extra for helping the team and getting gens done, it is also probably be best gen perk there is.

For altruism though, what i often find happening with this build, is that i go for a save, heal the person up (often in circle of healing so extra healing speed) then the 2 of us jump on a nearby gen, while someone else gets chased and when they go down i start breaking off to go for the next save. If the killer camps or tunnels me, i have dead hard and kindred to help. If the killer camps or tunnels someone else, i have kindred for that, and i can lay down a boon, go take a hit for a teammate to get a save, then run to the boon to heal myself.

• FatallyIconic
    FatallyIconic Member Posts: 270
    Options

Oh wow i almost use a build identical to yours, but instead of Desperate Measures i use Overcome. It allows you to get much better use out of Lucky break. Plus, you don't want your healing speed to be too fast otherwise you do not recharge your Lucky break as much. That's why i only use we'll make it. It allows you to support your teammates when they most need it (after being unhooked) and the healing speed bonus isn't permanent which is better for Lucky Break recharge.

And then yeah, medkit with 2 charge heals. If you're low on medkits you can replace We'll make it with Circle of healing.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

We'll Make It for safe unhook + quick healing.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Autodidact is worse the faster your heals are.

What I would use is: Botany, We'll make it, Empathy and Kindred.

As others have stated that the most Altruism points come from unhooks. Kindred helps to coordinate unhooks, and then you have Empathy to find injured fellas and BK/We'll make it to speed up the process.