The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Chapter Concept: Along came The Spider

ItsDigDuck
ItsDigDuck Member Posts: 44
edited February 20 in Creations

Deleted

Post edited by ItsDigDuck on

Comments

• ItsDigDuck

I will say, I had this made up before I saw the patch notes today, but I wanted to share it with some close friends first xD.

As someone that is newer to the game (1month ish) face camping-tunneling is rampant and absolutely rolls survivor solo-queue at low mmr. Also I am terrified of spiders, so a Spider-esque killer would be fun to face.

• ItsDigDuck

Added backstories, any comments/criticism on the stories/perks/abilities/add-ons are welcome (as long as it is constructive - don't say you just don't like something. tell me why!)

• ItsDigDuck

Added map concepts, steam achievements, reworked Hubris of Arachne perk and completely changed Web of Lies (was rotten pallets and doors, is now totems)

• Dahtin
    Dahtin Member Posts: 25

This concept is exceptionally made, especially for someone who has only played for a month! Unfortunately, I’m in a bit of a rush (15 minute break only gets me so far), so I won’t go over add-ons and perks just yet.

The power is very simple, yet effective. I think the only major changes I’d consider would be tweaks to balancing. Cocoon with Leap is already quite effective, but it must also be considered for indoor maps. Leap alone is a worse Hillbilly chainsaw on, say, Lery’s, but can be borderline uncounterable on Blood Lodge. Instead, I’d make the primary power focus on buffing Leap’s versatility. One way to do it is to have Cobwebs grant you additional speed and range with the Leap, but I’m not sure how best to do it. I do think that Cobwebs should be able to be applied multiple times to structures, but especially windows.

Also, having Cobwebs randomly placed around the map makes The Weaver highly RNG-reliant, almost as much as The Dredge. Instead, I feel it could be applied like how Nightmare applies Dream Pallets. This gives more autonomy to the player, and makes concocting a web of traps all the more easier.

I’ll likely revisit this when I have the time, but it looks great so far!

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

Oo, sounds fun. Love the idea of having a killer utilize the trees within the map. That would require a lot of work on the dev end because of all the weird collisions up there but awesome idea.

The cocoon makes me think of a different way to sacrifice which is kind of cool but the majority of the time you would want to just hook them. Kind of similar to Sadako and condemning, niche value but still value.

Perks

Hubris of Arachne – Cool idea and a fun way to mix up the game a little bit.

"If this generator is one of the last three repaired, the exit gates will require one additional generator to power up."

I do not think that should be a thing. Kind of busted even with the counterplay.

Web of Lies – Kind of confused. Is this like retribution mixed with undying?

Along Came a Spider – Scary on Wraith but why not, sounds fun. Hopefully that does not work with Nurse blink, I don't think it would.

Advocacy – This is a pretty strong perk. I can see it being a way to counter a tunnel but a perk shouldn't save a team like this one could. I'm not too sure about that one.

Set Boundaries – This is a cool perk but it is kind of strange that the entity is helping the survivor escape. I think it needs to be tweaked where when activated, that person is exposed and stuns the killer. It should also be disabled during end game.

Unselfish Bounty – Idk about that one chief.

• Fargrace
    Fargrace Member Posts: 2

I love this idea. I was thinking that I had an original idea and came here to post it only to find someone else already posting it and with a lot more effort. So for me, I was thinking:

Female Black Widow Drider that was an emissary of the Entity. Her story would be more of a story of the entity. Her weapon would be a scimitar and her special ability would be spider web that acted similar to the trappers traps, but required a window, door, or landscape object (not the ground), her Mori would be a cocoon and her killing floor would be a cave system. All base settings similar to Trapper.

Her perks would be:

“See Invisible” a perk that brightens killing floors as if it is daylight.

“Clog Generator” a perk that forced starting a kicked generator to require 3/4/5 fast skill checks or explosion and 10/15/20 second wait to try again. As if the generators were clogged with spider webs.

”Blessed Sacrifice” a perk to restore destroyed hooks after 20/15/10 seconds.

• ItsDigDuck
    edited August 2022

Hubris point - I see that an extra gen could be devastating in most cases (trust me, I play solo queue) but this gen is nearly complete to start with. The term hubris is boastful/I am the GOAT/however you want to put it, so it is high risk high reward kind of thing. Maybe just have the gen always start at 90% and then 10 seconds after the trial starts (say the entity is blocking it the first 10 seconds) it regresses at X/X/X speed?

Web of lies - honestly I was just trying to come up with something different. This way if your other totems get cleansed super fast, you can still potentially get some value, but since they would be visible to survivors you have to choose to either play around them or gain an advantage elsewhere while they return to the totem. Maybe have rekindled totems take 50% longer to cleanse?

Along came a spider - I am literally a wraith main and thought it would be fun xD

Advocacy - Counterpoint - if someone has gotten hooked twice, that means the killer has caught them twice. This, likely, means that the killer can catch them two more times. And then when it is your turn, you can only get caught once or you are donezo. I think it is fairly balanced

Set Boundaries - I like your changes, I will update it.

Unselfish - I thought I re-worded it here, I will do it shortly. I posted this on reddit as well in the fan made comments. It is more balanced and worded better.

• ItsDigDuck

I honestly didn't even consider indoor maps when making this concept. Maybe having the power just start with all vaults and doors having cobwebs, and then Weaver can apply them to pallets, gens, lockers, etc.?

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

I love this <3